Everything Park Reservations - Please Read Post 1

*not sure if thread for this already.

Having trouble getting a reservation for Hollywood studios. Is this one that I can maybe get later or is it hard to get?

Having trouble getting a reservation for Hollywood studios. Is this one that I can maybe get later or is it hard to get?
HS can be hard to get if you're trying to make your reservation on short notice. People change their plans all of the time and Disney will even release more spots without announcing it. So, there's always a chance that you could get a reservation by trying often.

Keep in mind that the availability calendars are not updated in real time. If a day appears to be booked up, try making a reservation anyway.

I was having technical difficulties making park reservations this morning. Wasn't sure if you were having a technical issue or an availability issue.

Quick question: We have a trip booked for late November to early December (2022). Park hours are not listed for Nov/Dec yet. Are you all booking a park now or do you wait until hours for the parks are listed? I think times will not be available until September.
Thanks for advice.
I am going that same time frame and I have been holding off for the same reason as well as I was wanting to see who was going to be doing the Candlelight Processional

I've been unable to find my exact issue on this thread and am hoping someone is able to help me.

I currently have an unactivated annual pass on my account, which I don't intend to activate anytime soon. I also have actual park tickets for an upcoming trip. Everytime I try to make a park reservation, it seems to want to force me to do it via the Annual Pass screen (even though I am not an active AP member, nor do I want to be at this time)

Now, when I go to "Park reservations" it gives me the option of Theme Park Tickets or Annual Pass. It does not give me the option to book as a resort guest. Now, it's neither here nor there, because I have the tickets purchased. It is a little bothersome, though, because I worry that my early entry will be affected if I don't book it as a resort guest. (it may not be a big deal, but still....an annoyance)

So, I try to book as a Theme Park Ticket holder, and it tries to force me to book as an AP.

Hellllllllp!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-08-03 at 12.11.19 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-08-03 at 12.11.19 AM.png
    49.3 KB · Views: 1
I've been unable to find my exact issue on this thread and am hoping someone is able to help me.

I currently have an unactivated annual pass on my account, which I don't intend to activate anytime soon. I also have actual park tickets for an upcoming trip. Everytime I try to make a park reservation, it seems to want to force me to do it via the Annual Pass screen (even though I am not an active AP member, nor do I want to be at this time)

Now, when I go to "Park reservations" it gives me the option of Theme Park Tickets or Annual Pass. It does not give me the option to book as a resort guest. Now, it's neither here nor there, because I have the tickets purchased. It is a little bothersome, though, because I worry that my early entry will be affected if I don't book it as a resort guest. (it may not be a big deal, but still....an annoyance)

So, I try to book as a Theme Park Ticket holder, and it tries to force me to book as an AP.

Hellllllllp!
Create a phantom guest profile in your MDE. Transfer the AP certificate to it. Once the certificate is no longer under your profile, the system will no longer see you as an AP holder and you will be able to make your park reservations as a ticketed guest.

Create a phantom guest profile in your MDE. Transfer the AP certificate to it. Once the certificate is no longer under your profile, the system will no longer see you as an AP holder and you will be able to make your park reservations as a ticketed guest.

Thanks! This worked. I didn't have to create a phantom profile, I just transferred it to another one of my family members who won't be traveling with us this time around. (I have control of their DME so I should be able to transfer it back)

This can be done if there is reservation availability at the second park. It really will depend on when you’re going and how busy the parks are. If there is park reservation availability at the second park he can cancel the first one and rebook for the second. If there is no availability he will need to go to the park he has a reservation for, tap in and then go to the second park.
Do you have to cancel the park you have a reservation in first before you can see if the park you want to switch to has availability (the chart is showing no availability)? If you have DAS passes that are after 2pm, will you lose them if you switch to a different park.

Do you have to cancel the park you have a reservation in first before you can see if the park you want to switch to has availability (the chart is showing no availability)? If you have DAS passes that are after 2pm, will you lose them if you switch to a different park.
Sorry, I can’t answer about DAS but, if the park he wants to switch for is showing ‘at capacity’ it would be extremely risky to try and get a reservation for it. Yes, he would have to cancel his current park reservation then try for one at the second park. If it’s at capacity and he cannot get a reservation he can TRY to book his original park but there is no guarantee someone else won’t have snapped up his first reservation when he was trying for a second one. There is a risk he will not be able to get a park reservation at all if all parks are at capacity for reservations.

If this person is travelling with you at a time when most/all parks are at capacity, it’s best he plan to go to the first park to tap in then hop with you.

Something else you may wish to ask on the DISabilities page is if you will even be able to secure a DAS for him with your group if he has not yet tapped into a park?

Sorry, I can’t answer about DAS but, if the park he wants to switch for is showing ‘at capacity’ it would be extremely risky to try and get a reservation for it. Yes, he would have to cancel his current park reservation then try for one at the second park. If it’s at capacity and he cannot get a reservation he can TRY to book his original park but there is no guarantee someone else won’t have snapped up his first reservation when he was trying for a second one. There is a risk he will not be able to get a park reservation at all if all parks are at capacity for reservations.

If this person is travelling with you at a time when most/all parks are at capacity, it’s best he plan to go to the first park to tap in then hop with you.

Something else you may wish to ask on the DISabilities page is if you will even be able to secure a DAS for him with your group if he has not yet tapped into a park?
Thank you for your help!
I see that sometimes on the day of, park reservations become available, (today Magic Kingdom is now available) so I think I will wait and see if it becomes available on my day before I cancel anything.

I know no one can predict the future and I've reviewed last November on TP, but not sure if trends have changed on 'full parks'.

We're going for 3 days with our adult kids/SOs in November (10th-12th park dates). Right now we have the first 2 days mapped out for plans, but I feel like the 3rd day will be dictated by them as to what they want to revisit (none have been since they were tweens) since my DH and I have been twice in last year. I will probably have an ADR for Ogas on that last evening, so I know we'll end up at DH at some point, but I suspect we'll hop there. But how to predict where they'll want to be in the morning!

Hmm, maybe we'll do Oga's on Day 1 when I know we'll be in HS for the first afternoon before heading to MVMCP and that way won't have an ADR conflict with what we'll do on the last day. And we'll just work around any full parks by hopping (and hoping the reservation I make is one of the ones they want to revisit!)

I'm SO glad I have been twice with these new systems in place before 'hosting' a group of 6. My DH has been with me twice now and still says he doesn't understand how G+ etc work!

I'm sure this issue has been explained in some post above, but perhaps someone can give me a quick answer without my having to go thru 29 pages. I have an annual pass and will go mid-Sept and have two park days. I just made another ressie for late November, and will be in the parks three days. I noticed that when I was making those reservations, I could only make three days of reservations. Good thing I didn't need another!
I've not had this happen before. Why was I limited and does that mean if I go again in late January, I can't make a park reservation? Is it because my trips were too close together? Or because I went at the end of July and used 2 or 3 days then?

I'm sure this issue has been explained in some post above, but perhaps someone can give me a quick answer without my having to go thru 29 pages. I have an annual pass and will go mid-Sept and have two park days. I just made another ressie for late November, and will be in the parks three days. I noticed that when I was making those reservations, I could only make three days of reservations. Good thing I didn't need another!
I've not had this happen before. Why was I limited and does that mean if I go again in late January, I can't make a park reservation? Is it because my trips were too close together? Or because I went at the end of July and used 2 or 3 days then?
As a passholder you can only make 5 park reservations in advance. Unless you stay onsite. When you do make park reservation you have to choose the option that say you're a resort guest... If you don't it counts toward your 5 days as an AP.

As a passholder you can only make 5 park reservations in advance. Unless you stay onsite. When you do make park reservation you have to choose the option that say you're a resort guest... If you don't it counts toward your 5 days as an AP.
Oh ok. Thanks. I tried to find the policy and you explained it better! I am staying onsite and I did book as an AP holder. So once I have used those reservations, I have the option to book for the end of January with my AP or book as a resort guest, right?

Oh ok. Thanks. I tried to find the policy and you explained it better! I am staying onsite and I did book as an AP holder. So once I have used those reservations, I have the option to book for the end of January with my AP or book as a resort guest, right?
Did you book as an AP holder, or as an AP holder who has a resort reservation? The distinction is important - when you open the page to book park reservations, scroll down and make sure you see the second option!

If you book as as AP that has a resort reservation, the system will ask you to check off which resort reservation you're booking for, and you can book park passes for every day of the resort stay including checkin and checkout days. Those days don't count against the 3 or 5 days you get when staying offsite, and you can book those days at the same time if you want. And if you have more than one resort stay, you can book for all resort stays at once if you want to.

Did you book as an AP holder, or as an AP holder who has a resort reservation? The distinction is important - when you open the page to book park reservations, scroll down and make sure you see the second option!

If you book as as AP that has a resort reservation, the system will ask you to check off which resort reservation you're booking for, and you can book park passes for every day of the resort stay including checkin and checkout days. Those days don't count against the 3 or 5 days you get when staying offsite, and you can book those days at the same time if you want. And if you have more than one resort stay, you can book for all resort stays at once if you want to.
I think I booked just as an AP holder. I didn't know to pick the other choice. This is very helpful. I generally never stay offsite anymore.

I think I booked just as an AP holder. I didn't know to pick the other choice. This is very helpful. I generally never stay offsite anymore.
In that case, you might want to cancel those park reservations you made as an “offsite” AP and rebook via the AP with a resort reservation bucket, so that you can book for all your September and November days (assuming you’re staying onsite for both). And for your January stay, when you book it.

In that case, you might want to cancel those park reservations you made as an “offsite” AP and rebook via the AP with a resort reservation bucket, so that you can book for all your September and November days (assuming you’re staying onsite for both). And for your January stay, when you book it.
If there are some you think you may want to change though, leave them under your AP bucket. You can modify those without having to cancel first.

One time I hadn’t done that and decided to switch from HS to MK for the next day that I was there. It made me nervous to cancel even though the site showed there was AP availability for MK.

If there are some you think you may want to change though, leave them under your AP bucket. You can modify those without having to cancel first.

One time I hadn’t done that and decided to switch from HS to MK for the next day that I was there. It made me nervous to cancel even though the site showed there was AP availability for MK.
You mean to leave them under the “AP without a resort reservation bucket,” right? As opposed to the “AP with a resort reservation bucket”? Could it be any more confusing?

You mean to leave them under the “AP without a resort reservation bucket,” right? As opposed to the “AP with a resort reservation bucket”? Could it be any more confusing?
Yes - don’t choose the hotel guest option if you want to modify.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter