Everything Park Reservations - Please Read Post 1

Not sure if this has been asked or not yet.
But at the moment, my mother is going to Disney with us. We have her tickets (Military Tickets) and her park reservations. She has fallen and broke her back, She is scheduled for a minor surgery in a week, but it's cutting it close to when we leave for Disney. I have a scooter reserved for her, but not sure at the moment if she can do it. It is not looking great at the moment.

So my questions is, If we were to swap her tickets to someone else, Can they just use her existing Park reservations? Like swap them as well as her tickets to the new person? or do we have to reserve new ones for them. I'm scared if thats the case, we might run into a situation where we cannot reserve the park for them.

Not sure if this has been asked or not yet.
But at the moment, my mother is going to Disney with us. We have her tickets (Military Tickets) and her park reservations. She has fallen and broke her back, She is scheduled for a minor surgery in a week, but it's cutting it close to when we leave for Disney. I have a scooter reserved for her, but not sure at the moment if she can do it. It is not looking great at the moment.

So my questions is, If we were to swap her tickets to someone else, Can they just use her existing Park reservations? Like swap them as well as her tickets to the new person? or do we have to reserve new ones for them. I'm scared if thats the case, we might run into a situation where we cannot reserve the park for them.

I’m so sorry to hear about your mom. What an awful injury. Praying she’s on the mend soon.

If your mom is unable to go, You would need reservations that match the ticket on the reservation. If that ticket has a new owner, park reservations will need to be linked to that person.

I’m so sorry to hear about your mom. What an awful injury. Praying she’s on the mend soon.

If your mom is unable to go, You would need reservations that match the ticket on the reservation. If that ticket has a new owner, park reservations will need to be linked to that person.
Sorry if I'm asking a dumb or a redundant question. Haha. I'm currently studying for a college final, and my brain doesn't compute like normally. Can we do all of this on the app? Or do I need to call Customer Service. Once they do swap the tickets, will my mom's reservations just move over to whoever goes, like the tickets do? Or do I have to start all over with the reservations and possibly miss out if the park is all booked that day.

Sorry if I'm asking a dumb or a redundant question. Haha. I'm currently studying for a college final, and my brain doesn't compute like normally. Can we do all of this on the app? Or do I need to call Customer Service. Once they do swap the tickets, will my mom's reservations just move over to whoever goes, like the tickets do? Or do I have to start all over with the reservations and possibly miss out if the park is all booked that day.
I honestly don't know. You would need to try and change the name on the reservation to see if you're able to do it. I would guess it will require a call but hopefully if you call that person might also be able to help you with switching park reservations to the new person. As of right now there is availability at all parks on your days but as you say, things can change quickly.

I honestly don't know. You would need to try and change the name on the reservation to see if you're able to do it. I would guess it will require a call but hopefully if you call that person might also be able to help you with switching park reservations to the new person. As of right now there is availability at all parks on your days but as you say, things can change quickly.
Thanks so much for you answer! Its honestly just a waiting game right now. Hoping for the best and she can go!!

I am currently trying to make park reservations for August. The system says they are available but when I click through, I cannot book. I have had this issue since last night. Tried using different browsers but same issue every time.

Can you cancel a park reservation and then reserve a different park on the same day you are going to be going to the park? We are traveling with family, and one of them likes to sleep in and relax at the resort for a good amount of time during the day. Usually we go to a park in the morning, then back to the resort and then park hop over to a second park in the evening. We made him park reservations for the mornings that line up with the rest of our party because he says he might decide to go in the mornings, but he won't decide until the morning of. Our concern is that he won't make it to those parks in the mornings and won't tap into the morning park, and then he won't be able to park hop with us at night. If we can just cancel his reservation same day and then reserve our evening park (assuming it is available) will be helpful. TIA for any info!

Can you cancel a park reservation and then reserve a different park on the same day you are going to be going to the park? We are traveling with family, and one of them likes to sleep in and relax at the resort for a good amount of time during the day. Usually we go to a park in the morning, then back to the resort and then park hop over to a second park in the evening. We made him park reservations for the mornings that line up with the rest of our party because he says he might decide to go in the mornings, but he won't decide until the morning of. Our concern is that he won't make it to those parks in the mornings and won't tap into the morning park, and then he won't be able to park hop with us at night. If we can just cancel his reservation same day and then reserve our evening park (assuming it is available) will be helpful. TIA for any info!
This can be done if there is reservation availability at the second park. It really will depend on when you’re going and how busy the parks are. If there is park reservation availability at the second park he can cancel the first one and rebook for the second. If there is no availability he will need to go to the park he has a reservation for, tap in and then go to the second park.

Quick question: We have a trip booked for late November to early December (2022). Park hours are not listed for Nov/Dec yet. Are you all booking a park now or do you wait until hours for the parks are listed? I think times will not be available until September.
Thanks for advice.

Quick question: We have a trip booked for late November to early December (2022). Park hours are not listed for Nov/Dec yet. Are you all booking a park now or do you wait until hours for the parks are listed? I think times will not be available until September.
Thanks for advice.

Especially with a December trip, I would recommend booking sooner than later.

Thanks for advice.
As others have mentioned, definitely book sooner rather than later. Also, typically hours don't change much day to day. However, the exception to this rule would be Magic Kingdom Christmas Parties. Check the dates here and plan around those dates, but otherwise just know that hours will change, even up to right before the day you go and that there will not be much difference in the length of time a specific park is open in a given week.

I have hoppers, Im having anxiety about my park reservation selection, am I going about this the wrong way? I reserved MK for my first park really wanting to start at AK because MK usually runs out of park reservation availability first. How often are people not allowed to hop to MK after 2 if park reservations are gone?

I have hoppers, Im having anxiety about my park reservation selection, am I going about this the wrong way? I reserved MK for my first park really wanting to start at AK because MK usually runs out of park reservation availability first. How often are people not allowed to hop to MK after 2 if park reservations are gone?
Park hopping has only been restricted once and that was to the magic kingdom for a few hours on the 50th anniversary day

I have hoppers, Im having anxiety about my park reservation selection, am I going about this the wrong way? I reserved MK for my first park really wanting to start at AK because MK usually runs out of park reservation availability first. How often are people not allowed to hop to MK after 2 if park reservations are gone
Book the park you want to go to. As @GBRforWDW shared, hopping was only stopped once since it was introduced and that was only to 1 park and only for a couple of hours. You will have no problem at all hopping to the MK after AK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter