Everything Park Hopping - Please Read Post 1

Thanks. I did read on here that park capacity and hopping capacity are different. So it cleared up a little for me but was still wondering if anyone had any issues when they tried.

Thanks. I did read on here that park capacity and hopping capacity are different. So it cleared up a little for me but was still wondering if anyone had any issues when they tried.
No one has reported here on DISboards that they were denied access to a hopped park - except one party who had several members who didn’t go to the reserved park first. (The people who went to the reserved park first would have been allowed in but declined since the other members of their party couldn’t enter.) Even during the extremely busy Spring Break weeks, when every park was at capacity, no one was turned away!

If I want to hop over to Epcot this afternoon how do I tell if I in fact can get in with my park Hopper pass? Or if it's full and I cannot. Thanks

There is a park hopping thread here that explains it. There is a phone # you can call and if you are taking a bus there should be CMs out as well. As PP said, they have yet to be closed for hopping even on capacity days.

If I want to hop over to Epcot this afternoon how do I tell if I in fact can get in with my park Hopper pass? Or if it's full and I cannot. Thanks

When your ready to park hop (anytime after 2) call 407 560-5000. Since it was reinstated park hopping has never been suspended in any park.

They no longer have CMs at the bus stops for this purpose. There is no need for it since they are not denying entrance to anyone when hopping. We hopped from AK to HS yesterday via bus at 1:35. No CMs at the AK or HS bus stops.

The only restriction for hopping is that you must have already tapped into the park you have a park reservation for that day, before you can enter another park.

Steve

So I’m taking my kids to Epcot Sun June 6th! I’m super excited for flower and garden. I was planning on doing the whole day there but I’d really love to hop on the skyliner and go to HS for a few hours to get as much magic in as possible bc we only have 1 Disney park day besides blizzard beach. My concern is Epcot not opening till 11 😒 So I feel like we can’t hop right at 2,, but we will return to Epcot since it’s open till 10. If we left at like 3ish and shoot to be back by 6:45 we have reservations at coral reef, is it worth it? I wanna have plenty of time at Epcot but we’ll also have 11 whole hours. Thoughts?! I know it will depend on waits at HS but I’d love to get my kids on runaway railroad 😁

Sure, go for it! The Skyliner is an attraction all its own, especially if your kids have not experienced it yet.

Sounds like a great day to me.

Do you already have park hopper tickets?

It sounds like a good plan to me. I would, for the sake of time, choose 3 rides that you/ your kids want to go on for sure at HS. Then, if there's still time after that, you can experience more before your hop back to EPCOT. But at least you know, for sure, those 3 rides (barring any weather or breakdowns) will get ridden.

You should be fine with MMRR later in the day as the wait times have been decreasing for that ride around 5pm or so. Love the skyliner, but if you need to, you could always walk from Epcot international gateway entrance to HS. It was just a 12-15 minute walk for us, if that.

Within the last month there was a poster who described their experience similar to what you have planned (iirc they did AK/EP/HS/EP).

It didn’t seem optimal entering EP twice, so I was surprised to read how well the day worked out for them. Looks like if you’re just popping into HS with a few attractions in mind it’s totally manageable. You can hit your highlights in each park and have a wonderful day.

I think it is a good idea if you don't get your heart set on more than two rides on a Saturday mid day. You'll probably wait around 45 minutes or longer for MMRR and could also get on TSMM or some smaller rides. I noticed last week that wait times do slow down in the heat of the day at HS. It is also fun to walk through GE and you may get on MFSR if that is something that interests your family. And like pp said, the Skyliner is fun in and of itself.

I think it is a good idea if you don't get your heart set on more than two rides on a Saturday mid day. You'll probably wait around 45 minutes or longer for MMRR and could also get on TSMM or some smaller rides. I noticed last week that wait times do slow down in the heat of the day at HS. It is also fun to walk through GE and you may get on MFSR if that is something that interests your family. And like pp said, the Skyliner is fun in and of itself.
Yeah! I figure Sun will be busier then a weekday and I’ll let kids know if we hop over we’ll probably only do a couple things!

I think it sounds like a good plan- would love to hear how it works out for you- going in June and might try this

We did that and walked from HS to EPCOT. Its a short walk. Depending on the line at Caribbean Beach, walking may be faster. However, the skyliner was fun to ride.

Sure, go for it! The Skyliner is an attraction all its own, especially if your kids have not experienced it yet.

Sounds like a great day to me.

Do you already have park hopper tickets?

Yes I purchased the hopper tickets already! They haven't ridden the skyliner yet so I feel like it will be great for them! I guess I just worry about time. If Epcot opened earlier I wouldn't worry at all but considering its not till 11 I worry we'll waste more time traveling to and from HS then soaking up park time 🤷🏻‍♀️ But I'll keep an eye on wait times at HS before we head over.

Me and my friends going there tomorrow, and since the mask mandate was partially lifted in Disney world in Florida, does it change anything? Like for example, park hopping and such. Can we still only park hop at certain times? And also do we still have to reserve quick meals an hour beforehand? If there is anything else that the mask lift has changed in any way, please let me know

Thanks 😁

Me and my friends going there tomorrow, and since the mask mandate was partially lifted in Disney world in Florida, does it change anything? Like for example, park hopping and such. Can we still only park hop at certain times? And also do we still have to reserve quick meals an hour beforehand? If there is anything else that the mask lift has changed in any way, please let me know

Thanks 😁

No changes have been announced to park hopping. It still begins at 2 PM each day.

I would recommend asking your question about ordering meals on the 'Here Now and Just Back' thread.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter