Everything Genie, Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane - Please Read Posts 1-7

@Skippyboo Thank you SO MUCH, I couldn't find this anywhere, (or at least it's not clearly stated somewhere). So with that said, I could grab #1 choices for MK right at the 7am opening, then at 9am, I could start grabbing 1 at a time w/in the 120 min window for later in the day either at MK OR at Epcot?

If we are attempting to do all 4 parks over 2 days (Day 1- AK then HS; Day 2-MK/Epcot) will we only be able to buy Genie plus for the park that the actual reservation is for on that day? So for example, Day 1 since we are going to AK 1st, we can only buy Genie + for AK or can I buy at both AK/HS parks, or do we have to choose to buy at one or the other location since our tickets are hoppers? I hope this is making sense.
The posts on page 1 of this thread offer a lot of helpful information sbout all of the Genie products.

@Skippyboo Thank you SO MUCH, I couldn't find this anywhere, (or at least it's not clearly stated somewhere). So with that said, I could grab #1 choices for MK right at the 7am opening, then at 9am, I could start grabbing 1 at a time w/in the 120 min window for later in the day either at MK OR at Epcot?
You may make your 2nd LL selection 2 hours after park opening, not at 9AM.

OH!! so wait, with that said, if I make our first two at 7am, you are saying if park opens at 8a.m I could make one then even though it's within the 120 minutes after the first one I booked?

OH!! so wait, with that said, if I make our first two at 7am, you are saying if park opens at 8a.m I could make one then even though it's within the 120 minutes after the first one I booked?
Unfortunately, need a few more details before responding. The posts on page 1 explain when you are eligible to book.

No, you cannot book anything at 8AM. You may make your second LL reservation 120 mins AFTER park opening.

Question:
1 What do you mean by, ‘If I make first two at 7AM’? What are you booking at 7AM?

I thought it stated "Guests staying onsite at Walt Disney World Resorts can book Disney Genie+ attractions and Individual Lightning attractions starting from 7am on the day of their park reservation. Guests not staying on property can also book Disney Genie+ attractions at 7AM."

OH wait, maybe that is Individual lighting lanes which is a separate cost from Genie +...I swear, this is so confusing...

OH wait, maybe that is Individual lighting lanes which is a separate cost from Genie +...I swear, this is so confusing...
Don’t give up! You can do it! As the Moderator mentioned- read through the initial posts on this topic. Add watching U Tube videos on Genie+/ILLs - there are some great ones. Make yourself notes on most important parts ( if you write it down it sinks into your brain better IMO). Last June, DD& I aced Genie+ because we started learning way ahead of time. We’re probably in the minority because we thought it was quite beneficial to have Genie+.

It is confusing which is why the posts on page 1 are there. It’s not an easy system to follow but we tried to clarify it as much as possible.

I thought it stated "Guests staying onsite at Walt Disney World Resorts can book Disney Genie+ attractions and Individual Lightning attractions starting from 7am on the day of their park reservation. Guests not staying on property can also book Disney Genie+ attractions at 7AM."

This is what it says. Guests not staying on Disney property cannot purchase Individual lightning Lanes ILL$ until park opening.

I'm determined to get this with y'all support! Thank goofness for patient posters and all your feedback, I'd given up by now if it wasn't for you guys. @scrappinginontario & @midwestdee! Back to more videos!!! I need to hyper focus...we are going over spring break and doing all 4 parks in 2 days so I know getting this is a MUST...I so miss the old system, but I suppose anything new isn't easy at first!

There are paid LL that aren’t included with Genie +. If onsite you can buy your 2 paid LL and book 1 Genie + ride at 7am.

so I did read the entire thread and just wanted to clarify something:

When I book my first LL, it is better to book for an early time since I can just tap and be able to book a second one BEFORE the 2 hours mark, correct? so you can stack rides or if you want, you can just schedule rides to early times and ride them ASAP, therefore bypassing the 2 hours rule?

so I did read the entire thread and just wanted to clarify something:

When I book my first LL, it is better to book for an early time since I can just tap and be able to book a second one BEFORE the 2 hours mark, correct? so you can stack rides or if you want, you can just schedule rides to early times and ride them ASAP, therefore bypassing the 2 hours rule?
Yes, you can do that. When planning this method, it’s usually better to go for the second best ride in the park and stay ahead of when the majority will be going for that ride.

For example, Hollywood Studios, most will be going for Slinky Dog at 7, so if you try too, you’ll likely get a later time, due to odds.

However, if you go for mmrr or Toy Story mania at 7am, you’ll likely get an early return time, allowing you to get your next selection earlier and staying ahead of others in your next selections.

While both of these responses are correct re: coordinating purchased ILL$ times being extremely challenging, something to keep in mind is that once an ILL$ return time has arrived, it can be used for the rest of the day, until park closure. It does not expire.
Is this new? I have missed my time ILL$ in Disneyland and Disney World and had to go to the Guest Experience Team.

Group of 6 adults, all staying on site at Deluxe resort. We want to buy ILL for RotR, in addition to Genie+ same day. I’m the ‘planner/coordinator’.

I don’t want to pay for either ILL or Genie+ for anyone other than myself. How does it work when each adult purchases ILL separately for themselves at 7AM? How can we all get the same return time for RotR?

I’m assuming for the regular Genie+ Lightning Lanes since we can each purchase that earlier than 7AM, I’ll be able to book Slinky Dog Dash for the whole group right at 7AM. Just don’t know how to do ILL at the same time - wondering if return times for ILL show up as soon as each person pays for it & must be reserved then by each individual?

Sorry if this sounds muddled, but trying to understand all the stupid procedures…Disney should be ashamed of this whole convoluted system.

TIA
I'll go slightly different than others have advised...Instead of asking everyone to pay you back after the ILL's are booked, try to collect $ from everyone who wants 'in' before you book the ILL's.

One small option to consider is if you happen to have a Target credit card, or a Costco/BJ's/Sam's Club membership you can probably get Disney gift cards at like 3-5% off. If you want to use one to buy ILL's though, the gift card value has to be big enough to cover the whole price (otherwise the rest gets charged to the on-file credit card).

In that way, you could maybe save everyone 5%, give them a reason to pay you to buy it, or maybe split the payment (between the gift card and the credit card that is on-file).

I know, that isn't really an easier option, but it is an option.

While both of these responses are correct re: coordinating purchased ILL$ times being extremely challenging, something to keep in mind is that once an ILL$ return time has arrived, it can be used for the rest of the day, until park closure. It does not expire.

Please see response highlighted above.

Based on this, as long as the group are all willing until the final person's ILL$ return time has arrived, all will be able to ride together.

(This is not the case for G+ LL's but it is for VQs and ILL$s.)
Possible, but the return times might be dramatically different times, depending how busy it is that day.

(I'm thinking ILL's for Tron shortly after it opens.)

Is this new? I have missed my time ILL$ in Disneyland and Disney World and had to go to the Guest Experience Team.
This is the way it has always worked for purchased ILL$ and VQ. No, it is not new but also not advertised by Disney.
Possible, but the return times might be dramatically different times, depending how busy it is that day.

(I'm thinking ILL's for Tron shortly after it opens.)
If they wait and go when last person’s time arrives, all will be fine.

This is the way it has always worked for purchased ILL$ and VQ. No, it is not new but also not advertised by Disney.

If they wait and go when last person’s time arrives, all will be fine.
Just a word of warning... Yes it has worked this way for a while but Disney could decide to enforce the return time of ILL$ and/or VQ at anytime in the future. So yes right now it works... Next month it might not.

Yes, but it has worked this way since G+ was introduced. If you’ve read other of my posts I have said Disney could change it at any time but it is how it works now and how it has always worked.

If it changes you know it will be announced here and all over the boards.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!