Everything Genie, Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane - Please Read Posts 1-7

so I did read the entire thread and just wanted to clarify something:

When I book my first LL, it is better to book for an early time since I can just tap and be able to book a second one BEFORE the 2 hours mark, correct? so you can stack rides or if you want, you can just schedule rides to early times and ride them ASAP, therefore bypassing the 2 hours rule?
There really is no "better". It all depends on how you're planning to your the park or parks that day. There is no single ideal strategy.

T
That is not correct. You can buy an ILL for another park if you have a hopper but only for times after 2pm. It's the VQ where you need a park reservation (with the caveat that if they do a second VQ time at 1pm you will likely be able to do it when you enter MK if hopping to it that day.)
Actually I was responding to a post about ILL the question was can they buy an ILL for Tron with another park in the morning. my answer is accurate yes you can buy a Tron ILL at 7am without an MK reservation. The person also said they have hoppers nothing about VQ was asked. This is assuming the rules don’t change. I have done this many times.

T

Actually I was responding to a post about ILL the question was can they buy an ILL for Tron with another park in the morning. my answer is accurate yes you can buy a Tron ILL at 7am without an MK reservation. The person also said they have hoppers nothing about VQ was asked. This is assuming the rules don’t change. I have done this many times.
I realize he asked the same question in his post twice but he phrased it differently each time so the answer to the first question was "no" and the second "yes". I thought you were answering the first way he phrased it.

Ok, I've read thru 13 pages of posts and still not sure of the answer to my question. There were questions asked by others re: one person controlling the group's Genie+ purchase and selections that were not ever answered.
Our party of 4 for an upcoming trip consists of me (the only AP) holder and three other family members who have 3 day (a park a a day) tickets. Can my brother-in-law control our Genie+ purchases and our plans each day as we are all in his Friends and Family group?

Ok, I've read thru 13 pages of posts and still not sure of the answer to my question. There were questions asked by others re: one person controlling the group's Genie+ purchase and selections that were not ever answered.
Our party of 4 for an upcoming trip consists of me (the only AP) holder and three other family members who have 3 day (a park a a day) tickets. Can my brother-in-law control our Genie+ purchases and our plans each day as we are all in his Friends and Family group?
Yes

Yes, I’m an AP holder my family is not they can or I can control genie +

Yes, I’m an AP holder my family is not they can or I can control genie +
Thank you. I am usually the "controller" of a couple of us and seeing all the chatter early on about glitches with AP holders made me wonder. I'll be glad for someone else to be in charge this time!

Thank you. I am usually the "controller" of a couple of us and seeing all the chatter early on about glitches with AP holders made me wonder. I'll be glad for someone else to be in charge this time!
the challenge with AP and non-AP was corrected and information removed from posts on page 1 so it does not cause confusion.

I wasn't sure because we don't usually buy individual lightening lanes but can someone buy an individual lightening lane for both Rise of the Resistance and Guardians of the Galaxy if they have a reservation for Hollywood studios or have a park hopping ticket and annual pass?

Genie plus HS strategy options using resort guest early entry:
1. At 7am grab LL for Slinky Dog and early entry rope drop ToT.
2. At 7am grab LL for ToT and early entry rope drop Slinky.
I know most will probably say option 1, but I wonder if I would get an earlier return time for ToT than I would Slinky right at 7am giving me an earlier chance to grab my second LL.
Thoughts??

Genie plus HS strategy options using resort guest early entry:
1. At 7am grab LL for Slinky Dog and early entry rope drop ToT.
2. At 7am grab LL for ToT and early entry rope drop Slinky.
I know most will probably say option 1, but I wonder if I would get an earlier return time for ToT than I would Slinky right at 7am giving me an earlier chance to grab my second LL.
Thoughts??
If the goal is an early return time to select another LL before 11 (assuming 9am park open), you have a better chance selecting ToT. Wait for slinky at rope drop will vary, but if the goal is more LLs option 2.

So....We haven't been since you can modify times and I want to make sure I'm not royally messing this up like I've done before:

On-site, Park hopping day: AK (park opens 8am) to MK

Our list of AK priorities is off-our-beaten-track things for us so won't be a lot of heartbreak if we can't do the "big" rides other than FOP and EE which are must do's. We have a lot more rides we want for the afternoon/evening at MK so that's more the priority.

1. 7am buy ILL FOP and 7DMT (I can do both, I think?) and G+ Everest
2. 10am G+ Jungle Cruise and start stacking for the afternoon?
3. After tapping into Everest get another G+ in AK (Safari, Dinosaur)

I can't tell if my 2 and 3 are reversed.

. 7am buy ILL FOP and 7DMT (I can do both, I think?) and G+ Everest
2 and 3 are reversed. If you grab Jungle Cruise then the 2 hour window is enacted. Since Jungle Cruise is the last one you booked then scanning into Everest would not reset your booking ability.

So....We haven't been since you can modify times and I want to make sure I'm not royally messing this up like I've done before:

On-site, Park hopping day: AK (park opens 8am) to MK

Our list of AK priorities is off-our-beaten-track things for us so won't be a lot of heartbreak if we can't do the "big" rides other than FOP and EE which are must do's. We have a lot more rides we want for the afternoon/evening at MK so that's more the priority.

1. 7am buy ILL FOP and 7DMT (I can do both, I think?) and G+ Everest

I can't tell if my 2 and 3 are reversed.
A little hard to tell if this will work as we don’t know when you’re trying to book EE.

You can book a new LL:
- 2 hours after park opening
- when you use your most recently booked LL
- 120 mins after last LL was booked.

Whichever if these 3 happens first.

2 and 3 are reversed. If you grab Jungle Cruise then the 2 hour window is enacted. Since Jungle Cruise is the last one you booked then scanning into Everest would not reset your booking ability.
Thank you, got it - I literally do no understand why this is so hard for me to wrap my head around. LOL

I couldn't find the answer to this, but perhaps I wasn't looking in the right place.
What happens if you are late for your paid ILL?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter