Everything Early Theme Park Entry (ETPE) - Please Read Post 1

This was my experience with Remy yesterday entering through IG.
Arrived about 8am. (2 other parties were there)
Held behind barrier.
8:35 moved through security and held again
8:52 moved through entrance touchpoint and held again before bridge
8:55 scanned again by CM and held on bridge at France entrance
9:23 Led by CM for leisurely walk to ride
9:30 Boarded Remy

(Park opened at 10)

Held behind barrier.
Great experience! Thanks so much for sharing the details with us!

Perhaps to further confuse you, here's my experience from December:

We arrived at MK for ETPE approximately 20 minutes before scheduled ETPE opening time. We were hardly at the front of the crowd. After scanning our bands, we were held on the bridge to the right of the castle. There were a multitude of people in front of us on the bridge but even more behind us. No one was let in until the official ETPE time, which, the day we were there, was 30 minutes before official park opening.

By the time we got to PPF, the wait time there was already nearly 60 minutes. We're not runners, but even if we had run, we were so far behind the front of the crowd that I seriously doubt it would've been much better. I don't know how long the wait for SDMT was since I didn't check. We ended up going to WtP, which had no line, although by the time we got off--still before official park opening--the line was quite long and the posted wait was 20 minutes, which seemed accurate. The only other attraction we were able to fit in during ETPE was Philharmagic, which, btw, had zero people waiting for it and in fact we were able to see it twice in a row without even leaving our seats.

I'd have to say that, yes, breakfast is definitely a loser if you're hoping to utilize ETPE.

This was very helpful - thank you! We will be mainly focusing on the shows and longer attractions like Small World so knowing their lines aren’t building as quickly is great! But I had hoped that we might be able to sneak in PPF, too.

And I know how silly it sounds, but my absolute favorite Disney memories are standing in Fantasyland before the park opens. Facing PPF and seeing an empty park, but feeling the magic and the energy build…not even caring about being in a line for a ride, just enjoying the moment. Trying to get that feeling is what made me consider the CRT breakfast.

So if we want to not be at the back of the crowd, but don't really want to be in the very head of the pack either, what is a good time to arrive? An hour before ETPE starts? More, less?

Held behind barrier.

(Park opened at 10)
Thanks for the info! How quickly did the line build behind you? Was the line pretty full by 830? 9? TIA!

Now that VQ is gone, s Remy open when Epcot opens? And for early hours for those staying on site?

Your question has been merged with the 'Everything Early Theme Park Entry' thread. Yes it does open. Post 1 lists the attractions at each park that are included with ETPE.

Can anyone confirm which side of the entrance you need to file into to be in the correct line for each park? I can see us standing for 20 minutes on the wrong line!!!

For DHS, I thought it was in the middle before you hit the Starbuck's.

At MK, we did Space Mountain, and it was to the right, before the Tomorrowland bridge. So, I think they might have multiple spots at MK, but I could be wrong.

At AK, it was to the left. It's where everyone is going. Just follow the herd.

We did IG at Epcot. So, I don't think they were letting people in much past the bridge that weren't doing EE.

Mostly, you just follow the herd or head to the ride that you are interested in. If you don't see a line of CM with tablets blocking the path, then you are probably heading the wrong way. The CMs line up across the path and block it to scan a band/ticket from each party. There is rarely much of a line at the EE scan points, usually only a group in front of you, maybe.

Is it clearly marked in each park which line is for resort guests and which isn’t? I’d hate to be in the wrong spot. I used the morning EMHs quite a bit and don’t remember having any issues, but also don’t remember how we got in.

Is it clearly marked in each park which line is for resort guests and which isn’t? I’d hate to be in the wrong spot. I used the morning EMHs quite a bit and don’t remember having any issues, but also don’t remember how we got in.
I don't recall anything being marked. I think they just let everyone into the parks, but they don't let offsite guests past the CMs who are checking bands/tickets to make sure that you are onsite. The CMs are either just past the entrance tapstiles or closer to each land/attraction, depending upon the park.

I don't recall anything being marked. I think they just let everyone into the parks, but they don't let offsite guests past the CMs who are checking bands/tickets to make sure that you are onsite. The CMs are either just past the entrance tapstiles or closer to each land/attraction, depending upon the park.

So I guess the key point would be to keep going around a crowd if they are waiting at the tapstiles?

So I guess the key point would be to keep going around a crowd if they are waiting at the tapstiles?
No, in my experience, they do not hold people at the tapstiles, you are held at different points inside the park. Your band is scanned once you are in the park to see if you can go through to the early waiting points. Non resort guests will be held at a different place inside the park.

Disney knows that most people do not do tons of research before showing up, and so they are usually good at providing signage and verbal directions. If you don't know where you should be, you can ask any cast member and they will point you in the right direction.

Like the other poster said, they are not holding anyone at the tapstiles, except when they are holding everyone before opening. They are letting onsite and offsite guests into the park. Further in, sometimes not much, is where they check for onsite vs offsite.

We are staying at POP and headed to HS our first day at the parks. I want to take advantage of every moment in the park - and know that sometimes the 30 minutes early entry is actually even earlier. We will have a car at the resort. Which is my best bet to get to the gate as early as possible - driving or skyliner?

We are staying at POP and headed to HS our first day at the parks. I want to take advantage of every moment in the park - and know that sometimes the 30 minutes early entry is actually even earlier. We will have a car at the resort. Which is my best bet to get to the gate as early as possible - driving or skyliner?
Normally Skyliner but it can vary slightly from day to day so nothing is 100%.

Also, if you want to be as close to the front of the Skyliner line as possible, it's recommended you arrive at the Pop Skyliner station 90 mins before ETPE hours begin.

Has anyone had success driving to AK and being at the front of the pack for FoP? Given the first post says parking lots open an hour before ETPE and if you get a good parking spot it's an easy walk to the entrance, I'm wondering how far back drivers are from bus arrivals? (Staying at Boardwalk)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter