Every Mile is a Miracle

And no, I never did Avenge the Strip! I don't feel like I could do a back to back half in one day. WOOF. Haha.
I was talking with my sister about Avenge the Strip last night and we both agree it's a crazy idea. The thing that would concern me is the travel time sandwiched between the two races. I don't even want to think about how stiff and sore I would be heading into the night race because of the travel time from Anaheim to Las Vegas. In a weird way, that sounds more difficult to me than Dopey.

That is awesome! We were in Vegas a few years ago when the race was going on (and oddly there last year the day before the 1/2...) and it looked super fun!! I'd love to run it someday, I love that it's a night race!
Where will you stay? I remember the road closures being a bit of a nightmare.

(I didn't run last year b/c I had done a half the weekend before... and when I was there multiple years ago, running 13.1 wasn't even on my radar!)

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. You can be the hand-grenade, Whitti can be the hurricane and I will be the daiquiri! #DrinkTrifecta
Okay, so, I had to google what that was but OMG IT'S SO CUTE.

Today I am super thankful for this training journal and the way I over share too much about my life because I destroyed my phone this weekend and lost all my pictures. But most of the good ones I have posted here, so yay.

:sad:

OMG that freaking sucks.

This weekend put me through the ringer. I am also super thankful that one of my friends had a spare iPhone laying around his house that he said I could have., so I will be setting that up today.

Monday 10/29
  • Running - Plan: 4 mi @ EA 11:21 BLIND / Actual: 4.01 mi @ 11:09
    • Splits: 10:49, 10:42, 11:44, 11:24
  • Steps - 10,981
  • Cross Training - None
  • Life - Nothing exciting
    • Overall Stress Level - 8/100
Tuesday 10/30
  • Running - Plan: 4 mi @ EB (10:36) + Strides / Actual: 4.04 mi @ 10:40
    • Splits: 10:31, 10:05, 11:21, 10:41
  • Steps - 10,219
  • Cross Training - None
  • Life - Nothing exciting
    • Finished up Bay's Halloween Costume
    • Overall Stress Level - 9/100
Wednesday 10/31
  • Running - Plan: 1 mi WU + 4 x 1 mi @ MS 9:18 w/ .5 mi RI + .5 mi CD / Actual: 7.01 mi @ 10:08
    • First speed workout, back at the track. Allllll good.
    • 4 x 1 mi Splits: 9:08, 9:13, 9:16, 9:11
  • Steps - 20,763
  • Cross Training - None
  • Life - Happy Halloween!
    • We took Bay out trick or treating on Main Street. She played in the bounce houses a ton. We found my husband's work's candy booth and she spent the rest of the time handing out candy. She is the best person I have ever met.
    • I, on the other hand, kept running up and down Main Street in my Forrest Gump costume and was loving life by how many people would yell "run, Forrest, run".
    • Overall Stress Level - 21/100
45121040_10157895442021040_355045524518207488_o.jpg

Thursday 11/1
  • Running - None
    • Rest day!
  • Steps - 2,951
  • Cross Training - Yoga at lunch
  • Life - Nothing exciting.
    • Overall Stress Level - 6/100
Friday 11/2
  • Running - Plan: 5 mi @ EB (10:36) + Strides / Actual: 5.01 @ 10:46
    • Splits: 10:38, 10:11, 11:24, 11:06, 10:34
  • Steps - 12,322
  • Cross Training - None
  • Life - Nothing exciting.
    • Bay tried Top Ramen for the first time and while eating it exclaimed "This looks like hair!" to which I felt out laughing and she was like "What's so funny?" and then I showed her a picture of Justin Timberlake's hair. LOL.
    • Overall Stress Level - 10/100
Saturday 11/3
  • Running - Plan: 7 mi @ LR (10:19) / Actual: 5.01 mi @ 10:29
    • Was not feeling it the first two miles but that went away and then I ran too fast and then it was done.
    • Splits: 10:36, 10:08, 9:40, 9:54, 10:13, 10:42, 10:17
  • Steps - 24,750
  • Cross Training - None
  • Life - Chillin & Swillin Beer Fest
    • Drank too much. Broke my phone. Cried a lot. I pretty much did not like today.
    • Overall Stress Level - 53/100
Sunday 11/4
  • Running - NONE
    • Hangover recovery in full effect.
  • Steps - 4,113
  • Cross Training - None
  • Life - Goosebumps 2
    • We took Bay to the park and to the movies to make up for ditching her on Saturday. We saw Goosebumps 2, it was okay.
    • Overall Stress Level - 33/100
Weekly Totals:
Miles Ran - 27.08
Time Spent - 4:44:31
Average Pace - 10:35

Week 2 done, 10 weeks to go!

Training Schedule for the week:
Monday - 5 mi @ EA 11:21
Tuesday - 5 mi @ EB 10:36 + Strides
Wednesday - 1 mi WU + 3 x 1 mi @ MS 9:18 w/ .5 mi RI + 2 x .5 mi @ T Pace 8:46 w/ 1 min RI + .5 mi CD
Thursday - OFF
Friday - Bike/Swim
Saturday - 6 mi @ EB 10:36 + Strides
Sunday - Rock N Roll LV Half: 2 mi @ WU + 9 mi @ LR 10:19 + 2 mi @ CD

So sorry about your phone :( That makes me think that I should make sure my pictures are backed up...

Bay looked super cute (err... scary?) on Halloween! Great week of training! I hope you have the best time this weekend running the strip!

:sad:

OMG that freaking sucks.
I know. So many tears were shed.

I'm so sorry about your phone. That is such a pain! Glad you could recover pictures from here.
Yeah. It sucks really bad. But I am happy I have some pictures saved.

Terrible news about the phone, glad that most of the best photos can be recovered.
Thanks.

So sorry about your phone :( That makes me think that I should make sure my pictures are backed up...

Bay looked super cute (err... scary?) on Halloween! Great week of training! I hope you have the best time this weekend running the strip!
Yeah my husband was like, I should probably back up my phone today... Ha.

Thanks! She was a Frankenstein & Zombie mash up. Her idea. I think we executed well.

Today I am super thankful for this training journal and the way I over share too much about my life because I destroyed my phone this weekend and lost all my pictures. But most of the good ones I have posted here, so yay.
Ugh sorry

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter