Every Mile is a Miracle

I really REALLY like the fact that I only have one more run this week. I think this schedule shift will be a game changer. (Remind me I said this when I am pushing out 7-8 mi runs before work on a Friday, haha.)

I really REALLY like the fact that I only have one more run this week. I think this schedule shift will be a game changer. (Remind me I said this when I am pushing out 7-8 mi runs before work on a Friday, haha.)

I'll text you a picture of a cocky-t to keep you motivated.

Sea World/San Diego Trip Report
October 8, 2018

After my race in Oregon, I flew back into Vegas, got picked up by Brad, Bay, and my mom and we headed down to San Diego! We were trying to figure out to make all of the logistics from me going to Oregon on the weekend and then making it to Disneyland on Tuesday. Basically we just added in an extra day of fun and decided to go down to San Diego. Then I checked out tickets and saw that Veteran’s get 4 free tickets a year to Sea World. Well, okay then. We haven’t been to Sea World for like 10 years. The plan was: drive straight to Sea World, spend a few hours there, head to our sweet Air BNB I found right by the beach, get dinner, then go out for drinks. All the checkmarks.

IMG_8811.jpg IMG_8814.jpg IMG_8827.jpg IMG_8830.jpg

IMG_8833.jpg

Sea World was super lame. I am just gonna be honest. I am glad the tickets were free.

Our Air BNB however was AMAZING. I didn't take any good pictures of the whole thing, oops. But trust me when I say it was cute and perfect and I wanted to buy it and stay there forever.

IMG_8834.jpg IMG_8851.jpg

Mickey’s Halloween Party at Disneyland Trip Report – Part One
October 9, 2018

I have been avoiding posting about my Disneyland trip because it just wasn’t the best time, to be honest. But I am glad we went, I just wish I had more fun. (Usually the downside to bringing my mom to things…) So we left our Air BNB in the morning and took our time heading up to Anaheim since we couldn’t get into DL/DCA until 3pm anyway. We stopped in Carlsbad and walked around a bit. I love that city so much. Made it up to Anaheim around lunch time and grabbed some food. Then we checked into our hotel. They let us in an hour before check in without us even asking – thankfully! So we unpacked and changed into our Halloween outfits. My mom didn’t check her mail on Saturday while I was gone and I forgot to remind Brad, so I didn’t get my Haunted Mansion shirt that I wanted to wear. /cry But Bay was all dressed up and ready to go in her Spiderman costume!

IMG_8858.jpg

We stayed at the Days Inn that we always stay at. It’s about a 20 minute walk to the gates. My mom complained the whole time. Whatevs. Once we got to the gates I started panicking about what our best approach was to maximize our time and then realized I should have effing planned this better. We chose to go to Disneyland, get our wrist bands, grab a locker, and then go over to DCA.
Once we were in I checked the FP selections, nothing really good. I grabbed one for Incredicoaster though. We left DL and went to DCA. I saw that Spiderman was doing photos, so I chose to take Bay there first so she could meet him. The line was insanely long, so my mom and I ditched Brad and Bay to ride GOTG (the song we got was Hit Me With Your Best Shot, if anyone cares). The standby was 35 minutes and we got done right as Bay was up to meet Spiderman. It was perfect timing. My mom was unimpressed by the new ride features. I seriously cannot please that woman.

IMG_8872.jpg

IMG_9038.JPG

IMG_9042.JPG

We headed over to the Incredicoaster. We told Bay she had to have her hands up for the picture. Check. (Next time I guess I put her in front, haha.)

IMG_9044.JPG

We walked around the Pier because we missed doing that last time.

IMG_8890.jpg

Brad wanted to grab a beer, so he stopped at Bayside Brews and got me a Pomegranate Margarita – yum! While we were waiting for him we checked out the Coco area. We started to get stuck because a parade or show was starting and my mom was pissed. We found our way out and headed to Carsland.

IMG_8898.jpg

IMG_8895.jpg

IMG_8902.jpg

Mickey’s Halloween Party at Disneyland Trip Report – Part Two
October 9, 2018

I love how they decorate Carsland for the holidays!

IMG_9037.JPG

IMG_8908.jpg

IMG_8903.jpg

First stop in Carsland: PUMPKIN SPICE CHURRO!!! They were cute, they had little ghost sprinkles, but they could have used more pumpkin.

IMG_8906.jpg
IMG_8907.jpg

Radiator Spings Racers is Bay’s favorite ride and we haven’t been able to ride it the last few times we were here. So lemme cue up that disappointment…. The wait was 95 minutes. We tried to do single rider but the CM duped me into saying how old Bay was because I didn’t realize the age was 7 for single rider and she is 6. Poor parenting alert: we tried to get her to lie about her age but she is a pure soul who cannot tell a lie to strangers even if it means getting on your favorite ride at DCA, so once again no RSR for us. Womp, womp. Instead we rode Mater’s Junkyard JamBOORee. Same ride, add Halloween music. Then it was time to say so long to DCA and get to Mickey’s Halloween Party!

Ahhh, there is nothing like Disneyland during Halloween.

IMG_8917.jpg
IMG_8918.jpg

We checked the ride times and decided to start with the Haunted Mansion. We have never been able to ride it with the Nightmare Before Christmas overlay (gosh, can you even call it an overlay?) We had watched the movie again a few days before in preparation. However comma pause my child insisted on sobbing like crazy through the whole line and the ride. It was awful. And NOW she won’t stop watching the movie or making me play the soundtrack for her, but that ride is a no go. Which sucks because it needs a solid 3-4 ride-thrus to catch all of it’s amazing detail. Ah well, maybe next year….

IMG_8921.jpg
IMG_8922.jpg
IMG_8925.jpg

Mickey’s Halloween Party at Disneyland Trip Report – Part Three
October 9, 2018

By now it was dark and crowded and we were all getting hangry. Not a good combo. I am actually not a fan of trying to maneuver through the park when it is dark out. It gives me so much anxiety. I was in a really terrible headspace right about now worrying about getting everyone food they wanted and liked. I wanted to stop by the Mint Julep Bar and get some Pumpkin Spice Beignets, but I had a heck of a time finding the place. We finally did and realized that their food options were not good for the group. Both Bay and my mom are terribly picky. So we decided on the Red Rose Tavern. I thought it would be better to mobile order so our food would be ready right when we got there. Well, first off, they didn’t have all the menu items on the mobile ordering menu, which means my husband didn’t get the poutine that he wanted. Then the Grey Stuff wasn’t on there either, so I was sad. We get to the tavern and end up having to wait for like 10 minutes for our food and there wasn’t even a LINE when we got in. My mom went up and ordered the Grey Stuff and had it before the rest of our food was done. I was SO OVER LIFE at this point. Also, the pumpkin spice beignets were terrible. Like I know it just says pumpkin SPICE but my brain expects actual pumpkin flavor too so I was thoroughly disappointed.

IMG_8931.jpg
IMG_8932.jpg

Now that we all were fed, we headed to more rides: up next Peter Pan. The line was probably 30 minutes long. Brad left us to go get Bay’s jacket because she was cold, which meant he had to cut everyone in line to get back with us. Sorry people. Then we went to Big Thunder Mountain because 5 minute wait. THEN, finally, we went and got some candy. Bay had her bag and I just walked up requesting certain things I saw. Haha. We went through 3 trails I think and Bay was happy. We checked out wait times and Space Mountain was only 15 minutes so we tried to head over there – BUT WE WERE STUCK IN FANTASYLAND. We couldn’t make it to Tomorrowland at all. We had to watch this dumb parade (sorry parade people) and we were all soooo upset. That wasted probably 15 minutes for us which sucks. We finally make it out alive and head to Space Mountain. We didn’t tell Bay about the Ghost Galaxy overlay though… Needless to say, she hated it. I loved it. It was fun.

IMG_9052.JPG

We still had probably 45 minutes left so we did Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters, Pirates of the Caribbean, Small World, and Tea Cups. (Totally poor planning all around, really.)

IMG_8934.jpg
IMG_8935.jpg
IMG_8950.jpg
IMG_9035.jpg

So yeah, not my favorite trip to Disneyland. Lots of anxiety the whole time. Next year we are going to do Disneyland during Christmas, so hopefully that will be better.

That picture of SM reminds me of how I didn’t tell anyone what It’s Tough to be a Bug was really like. Bugs Land was so tame, right? How bad can it be? Well, our youngest was only 4 and she screamed the whole time. And then the seats wriggled. Took us 4 years before we could convince her to go in it again!

Sea World was super lame. I am just gonna be honest. I am glad the tickets were free.
I haven't been to Sea World since 1986 or so. I almost went for a day a few years ago with some friends, but was exhausted and had car trouble on the actual day itself, so I had to back out.

I'd love to do the Halloween party some year. But with the professional demands I have in October, that may never happen. But I really love Christmas at Disneyland, so that trade works for me.

I love SpiderBay!!

Sorry your day at DL was such a bust. We did early December a few years back and the Christmas stuff was nice. Cars Land was awesome. Hopefully that'll make for a better trip for you guys! (Just maybe invite me instead of your mother? Is that too mean? I promise not to spend the whole time complaining about the fact that the IASW holiday overlay should be called a Christmas overlay because that's the only holiday they celebrate)

I promise not to spend the whole time complaining about the fact that the IASW holiday overlay should be called a Christmas overlay because that's the only holiday they celebrate)
Yeah, that one is pretty Christmas centric. I probably didn't realize that until you mentioned it though.

I know they have a menorah on Main Street to honor a Jewish man who has a window on Main Street and there's the dreidel segment during the holiday fireworks. I've taken the holiday tour twice. It was pouring rain one year, so I took it again the next year to experience it in nice conditions. And honestly, that worked out great for me as year number 2 featured special holiday tour pins with Prince Phillip and Princess Aurora.

Out of curiosity, are you happy with how Disney acknowledges your faith in December or do you wish they did more? I think I learned more about Hanukkah from the holiday tour than I knew beforehand, but it's also not something I really knew much about aside from the Adam Sandler song, which may not be a completely accurate representation of the deeper meaning it has for you.

Out of curiosity, are you happy with how Disney acknowledges your faith in December or do you wish they did more? I think I learned more about Hanukkah from the holiday tour than I knew beforehand, but it's also not something I really knew much about aside from the Adam Sandler song, which may not be a completely accurate representation of the deeper meaning it has for you.

I don't care whether or not Disney acknowledges holidays other than Christmas (including Hanukah). I'm just offended that they call it "holiday" when they mean "Christmas" ... to me, holiday implies that you're celebrating the whole holiday season and not just one holiday. I would have no problem with them calling it "its a small world christmas."

DL Halloween decorations blow WDW away. Wow!

It’s stressful traveling with some family members. I’ve traveled with MIL & SIL and we always have so much fun. Next year my mother is going on a cruise with us and I’m nervous because she can be very unpredictable in the things she says and does in social situations.

The decorations looks great! I love the coco-car and of course, the Mickey pumpkin!! Bae looked cute (as always!) and I think I need to get a denim vest after seeing how cute you look in yours! Traveling with others is tricky.. but even a so/so DLR trip is still better than no DLR trip I hope!

That picture of SM reminds me of how I didn’t tell anyone what It’s Tough to be a Bug was really like. Bugs Land was so tame, right? How bad can it be? Well, our youngest was only 4 and she screamed the whole time. And then the seats wriggled. Took us 4 years before we could convince her to go in it again!
HA! We actually never did that one at DL but we did at WDW. I guess the one at DL was "creepy/crawlier".

I haven't been to Sea World since 1986 or so. I almost went for a day a few years ago with some friends, but was exhausted and had car trouble on the actual day itself, so I had to back out.

I'd love to do the Halloween party some year. But with the professional demands I have in October, that may never happen. But I really love Christmas at Disneyland, so that trade works for me.
I feel like next year if I come to see Halloween I will just do a full day and not the party. But I am looking forward to doing Christmas time next year instead.

I love SpiderBay!!

Sorry your day at DL was such a bust. We did early December a few years back and the Christmas stuff was nice. Cars Land was awesome. Hopefully that'll make for a better trip for you guys! (Just maybe invite me instead of your mother? Is that too mean? I promise not to spend the whole time complaining about the fact that the IASW holiday overlay should be called a Christmas overlay because that's the only holiday they celebrate)
SpiderBay was just costume number one for this year. She is going to be a Frakenstein's Monster and Zombie mash up for actual Halloween.
I invited my mom to an event this weekend and had the same stress going on, so no you were not being mean. Haha. Let me know when you head to the west coast and we can do Sea World and DL together!

DL Halloween decorations blow WDW away. Wow!

It’s stressful traveling with some family members. I’ve traveled with MIL & SIL and we always have so much fun. Next year my mother is going on a cruise with us and I’m nervous because she can be very unpredictable in the things she says and does in social situations.
Oh yeah, I definitely feel you there. My mom yelled at the gate guards this weekend for an event we went for and it was just embarrassing.

The decorations looks great! I love the coco-car and of course, the Mickey pumpkin!! Bae looked cute (as always!) and I think I need to get a denim vest after seeing how cute you look in yours! Traveling with others is tricky.. but even a so/so DLR trip is still better than no DLR trip I hope!
You are so right. I am glad I was able to go and have some fun even if it wasn't the best fun. Haha. And definitely get yourself a denim vest!!

What a busy and crazy weekend. My husband works for a brewery called Hangar 24. They are out of Redlands, California but opened a brewery/restaurant in Havasu 2 years ago. Every year they do an Air Show in Redlands and in Havasu. Ours was this past Saturday. My parents came up for it, which was nice because they would watch Bay for me so I could wander the beer fest part. After the Air Fest we went out and I threw on my Halloween costume and we closed down the bars. It was a ton of fun. The hangover the next morning, not so much, but at least I didn't have a run scheduled. ;)

Monday 10/22
  • Running - Plan: 3 mi @ EA (11:21) / Actual: 3.04 mi @ 11:14
    • DAY ONE OF DOPEY TRAINING!!!
    • Splits: 11:10, 11:24, 11:07
  • Steps - 9,844
  • Cross Training - None
  • Life - Nothing exciting
    • Overall Stress Level - 13/100
Tuesday 10/23
  • Running - Plan: 3 mi @ EB (10:36) + Strides / Actual: 3.05 mi @ 10:31
    • I was really bad at doing my strides last training plan, so I am making sure I remember them this time.
    • Splits: 10:23, 10:46, 10:17
  • Steps - 11,017
  • Cross Training - Strength arms & abs during lunch
  • Life - Taste of Havasu
    • Our city had an event that showcased some food places around town. We decided to go spur of the moment and really enjoyed it.
    • Overall Stress Level - 39/100
Wednesday 10/24
  • Running - Plan: 4 mi @ EA (11:21) / Actual: 4.01 mi @ 11:15
    • Struggled a little bit mentally on this one. Even the short, easy ones can get to me.
    • Splits: 11:04, 11:02, 11:45, 11:12
  • Steps - 12,537
  • Cross Training - None
  • Life - Nothing exciting
    • Overall Stress Level - 28/100
Thursday 10/25
  • Running - None
    • Rest day!
  • Steps - 3,979
  • Cross Training - Yoga at lunch
    • My office started offering free Yoga once a week during lunch.
    • It was 30 minutes long but better than nothing.
  • Life - Trivia Night!
    • We went to trivia at my husband's work and won 1st place!
    • Overall Stress Level - 16/100
Friday 10/26
  • Running - Plan: 5 mi @ EB (10:36) + Strides / Actual: 5.01 @ 10:44
    • Pace felt hard but my legs were kind of sore.
    • Splits: 10:27, 10:14, 11:22, 11:07, 10:30
  • Steps - 12,478
  • Cross Training - None
  • Life - Pumpkin Patch with Bay
    • Met up with some friends and took our kids to the pumpkin patch.
    • Bay played in the bounce houses and sang karaoke!!
    • Overall Stress Level - 25/100
Saturday 10/27
  • Running - Plan: 5 mi @ LR (10:19) / Actual: 5.01 mi @ 10:29
    • I had a really terrible night of sleep, so I was already exhausted at wake up.
    • Got angry during the podcast I was listening to and had to walk some so I could vent about it to some friends.
    • Splits: 9:59, 10:09, 12:01, 9:59, 10:14
  • Steps - 18,831
  • Cross Training - None
  • Life - Hangar 24 Airfest!
    • Watching the planes made me miss the Navy a lot.
    • Overall Stress Level - 54/100 (Drinking always makes my stress level skyrocket.)
Sunday 10/28
  • Running - NONE
    • Hello, glorious Sunday rest day!
  • Steps - 5,271
  • Cross Training - None
  • Life - Naps & Margs
    • Overall Stress Level - 19/100
Weekly Totals:
Miles Ran - 20.1
Time Spent - 3:37:39
Average Pace - 10:50

Week one of Dopey training is done. WHEW. This week the fun begins!

Training Schedule for the week:
Monday - 4 mi @ EA 11:21 BLIND
Tuesday - 4 mi @ EB 10:36 + Strides
Wednesday - 1 mi WU + 4 x 1 mi @ MS 9:18 w/ .5 mi RI + .5 mi CD
Thursday - OFF
Friday - 5 mi @ EB 10:36 + Strides
Saturday - 7 mi @ LR 10:19
Sunday - OFF

Last edited:
giphy.gif

Welp, I just paid way too much money to run the Strip at night, but Rock N Roll Las Vegas here we come!
I am doing the Half and my husband is doing the 10k.
Pinky promised Coach I wouldn't race it, so I am definitely stopping some for booze. ;)
At least the medal is awesome.

rnrlv_070218_halfsmall.gif

I'm not a Vegas person, but I think that's a well designed medal. Did you ever Avenge the Strip when that was a thing? And maybe will be a thing again someday. Hopefully.

Love the medal. I want to run that someday!
I'm hoping one day we can get a Dis group together to do it!
Also, the cards move on the medal and I love it soooo much!!

I'm not a Vegas person, but I think that's a well designed medal. Did you ever Avenge the Strip when that was a thing? And maybe will be a thing again someday. Hopefully.
I lived here for 5 years, so it has a tiny place in my heart. And no, I never did Avenge the Strip! I don't feel like I could do a back to back half in one day. WOOF. Haha.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter