Every Mile is a Miracle

Congrats on a great race!

So this is stupid: I never knew what 'double track' meant until I saw your picture. It's really stupid, because it looks like my driveway. Seems like somewhere along the line, I would have been able to put 2+2 together and come up with 2.

I had an amazing mead at one place...

What was it? I love meads. Nectar Creek Sting changed my life. Not sure if it was for better or worse.

What was it? I love meads. Nectar Creek Sting changed my life. Not sure if it was for better or worse.
Arizona has an amazing meadery called Superstition Meadery. I have yet to have anything by them I don't like. The one I had that night was like all kinds of crazy. It was a Barrel Aged Belgian Dark Strong Mead that they aged on Coffee, Cacao Nibs, Cinnamon, and Chiles. It was sooooo good.

Monday 8/27
  • Running - None
  • Steps - 3813
  • Cross Training - None
  • Life - Back to the Grind
    • Wishing I was still in the mountains...
3O1A6729.JPG
  • Overall Stress Level - 16/100
    • Just a Monday...

Tuesday 8/28
  • Running - Plan: 5 mi @ EB (10:58) / Actual: 5 mi @ 10:58
    • The mornings are finally cooling down, but for some reason this run felt harder to breathe in than when I was running up i Flagstaff. There was also some head wind up the hill on the way back.
    • Splits: 10:40, 10:12, 11:37, 11:43, 10:42
  • Steps - 12,578
  • Cross Training - None
  • Life - Meh
    • We have some friends in town, so we ended up meeting up with a group of people when I got off work. It was fun, but we were out later than I wanted to be (and with the Bay!!) plus Brad had to work some, so that sucked. It was a good time but I knew I would be hurting the next morning...
  • Overall Stress Level - 28/100
    • Not too bad.

Wednesday 8/29
  • Running - Plan: 1 mi @ WU (12:24) + 2 x 1.5 mi @ T Pace (9:04) w/3 min RI + 1 mi @ CD (12:24)
    • As expected, staying up late and booze definitely affected me waking up, but I did it. I was at the track by 5:45am. Around 6am, the middle school track team showed up and I just happen to know both coaches, so I got to stay on the track.
    • I totally nailed this workout and afterwards I thought to myself, could I hold this pace for 13.1 miles??...... Props not. But a girl can dream.
    • Splits: 1 mi @ 11:11, 1.5 mi @ 8:52, 1.5 mi @ 8:54, 1 mi @ 11:00
  • Steps - 14,630
  • Cross Training - None
  • Life - Sucks
    • It was a tough day at work and just a tough day mentally. I was irritable and my anxiety was high. Work was crazy. I raised my voice to Bay a few times and I hate when I do that. It was just a tough day that I ended with shopping and ice cream.
  • Overall Stress Level - 25/100
    • TBH, I am surprised it is this low. I am telling you today was not a good one.

• I totally nailed this workout and afterwards I thought to myself, could I hold this pace for 13.1 miles??...... Props not. But a girl can dream.

Congrats on nailing the workout! Just remember ... T pace is not something you're supposed to hold for 13.1 miles. You're supposed to hold it for an hour, which is about 6.5-7 miles. So you can do that sub-1hr 10K no problem!

Overall Stress Level - 25/100
  • TBH, I am surprised it is this low. I am telling you today was not a good one.

I find that Garmin has my stress score lower than I expect when I'm having a really bad day. I don't know where this stress score comes from, but apparently it doesn't measure some people's stress so well.

Sorry you had a rough day :( I hope today is better!

Just remember ... T pace is not something you're supposed to hold for 13.1 miles. You're supposed to hold it for an hour, which is about 6.5-7 miles. So you can do that sub-1hr 10K no problem!
Oh yeah. I know. But one day maybe that pace won't be my T Pace..... you know?

Sorry you had a rough day :( I hope today is better!
Thanks. I cried within 10 minutes of being at work. Outlook not good, but trying to stay positive.

#ThrowbackThursday

This week's throwback is in honor of the Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend that should be happening this weekend (RIP). Four years ago I ran my first runDisney race, which was my first 10k race and also the farthest distance I had ever ran in my life. (I was never really good at training.) This is still my favorite race I have ever done. It was the #HappiestRaceOnThePlanet to me. The perfect distance and the perfect course.
Not only that, this was Bay's first trip to Disneyland!! She was 2 and half and full of wonder and joy. I had said a lot of things that I wouldn't do as a parent, such as "I am never going to take my baby to a grocery store until she is like 10 years old!" LOLOLOLOLOLOL. But I also didn't want to take Bay to Disneyland until she was like 5 years old because I just thought it would be a waste and she wouldn't remember it and it would be hard. But she has gone to a Disney property (Land and World) at least once a year for the past 4 years and I wouldn't have it any other way. Every trip is different from the last and I love that so much. Anyway, here are some pictures from our first family trip to Disneyland in 2014. <3

Her first Disney ride was the Tea Cups!
IMG_8107.JPG

One of my favorite family pictures, despite Brad's face, haha.
IMG_8108.JPG

Those are some big gloves to fill...
IMG_8106.JPG

Thursday 8/30
  • Running - Plan: 5 mi @ EA (11:45) / Actual: 5.01 @ 10:57
    • Oops, totally thought this was supposed to be at EB (10:58) but didn't realize until right as I finished. Go figure.
    • I have been struggling with this route lately. It is pretty hilly on the second half and most of the time I have to mantra myself up the worst part of the hill, but today I didn't even notice it until I was at the top.
    • Splits: 10:44, 10:17, 11:45, 11:12, 10:47
  • Steps - 13,815
  • Cross Training - None
  • Life - (still) Sucks
    • I feel so lost right now in nearly every aspect of my life and it's really getting to me. Siiiiiigh.
  • Overall Stress Level - 14/100
    • Reaaaallllyyy low for having cried at work today. Weird.

Just catching up. Congrats on your trail race! That looked like a really beautiful course.

I hear you no it being dark in the mornings now. I am not really prepared for that and really wish winter wasnt coming.

August Summary:
This year has been so weird. This month is no exception. I am in a funk currently, so I will just leave it at that. I skipped a lot of runs this month, my total should have been higher, but I did what I did and I can't fix it now. I am at the end of this training plan with my next race in sight. Just a few more hard workouts and then taper and then race time. It will be here before I know it.

August Numbers:

Total Miles - 96.4
Total Time - 17:50:24
Average Pace - 11:06
Elevation Climb - 12,714 feet
YTD - 780.7 miles! (I already hit my goal for the year of 750, so I am hoping to hit 1000 miles now!)

September Goals:
This whole time I have had a number in mind for my half this month, and I know that number would have been in the bag if I didn't slack on training. So I am going into September with a goal that isn't number related, although who am I kidding the number will still be there, lingering, taunting... All I want to do is give 100% of myself to this race. Whatever that may be. When I finish, I want to be on empty. I want to know that I gave everything I got in me to this race and hopefully in return the number will be close to what I wanted.
Other goals include: not eating so terribly, not drinking so much, reading more, staring at my phone less. The usual stuff.

Other Random Things:
- I found out that my dad was getting his heart biopsy done today..... ON FACEBOOK. So that was cool. He has been having a lot of health problems and has been going to UCLA pretty frequently for stuff. I knew this was coming up, but I am still salty at my mom for not telling me at least via text that it was happening today.
- We decided to just go for it and book our Mickey's Halloween Party for October 9th! It's during Bay's fall break and a fun way to break up a work week. The tickets were $115 each and gives us access to DCA & DL from 3-6pm, then the party at DL from 6-11pm. I am super excited to see the Nightmare Before Christmas Haunted Mansion Overlay as I ALWAYS would miss it during the Disneyland Half weekend.
- I have 19 miles to run collectively over Saturday and Sunday, which is really close to the amount of doing a runDisney 10k/Half Challenge (19.3), so I think I am going to make it a 19.3 and dub it a faux Disneyland event because that's where I should be this weekend running.
- I brought all my stuff to go swimming during lunch, but I only have another hour to commit to going before I miss my chance and I am NOT feeling it today. I'll probably skip it since I have so much running to do this weekend.

:hug: sorry to hear you're having a rough time.

All I want to do is give 100% of myself to this race. Whatever that may be. When I finish, I want to be on empty. I want to know that I gave everything I got in me to this race and hopefully in return the number will be close to what I wanted.
What a great attitude! I know you will be amazing!

• Life - (still) Sucks
    • I feel so lost right now in nearly every aspect of my life and it's really getting to me. Siiiiiigh.
:hug:

All I want to do is give 100% of myself to this race. Whatever that may be. When I finish, I want to be on empty. I want to know that I gave everything I got in me to this race and hopefully in return the number will be close to what I wanted.

You’ve got the right attitude!

I found out that my dad was getting his heart biopsy done today..... ON FACEBOOK. So that was cool. He has been having a lot of health problems and has been going to UCLA pretty frequently for stuff. I knew this was coming up, but I am still salty at my mom for not telling me at least via text that it was happening today.

Ugh. Why are parents like this? When FIL passes away we’ll probably get informed with an obituary clipping in the mail. I don’t get it.

We decided to just go for it and book our Mickey's Halloween Party for October 9th!

Fun! So jealous of th HM overlay.

Elevation Climb - 12,714 feet

This number scares me a lot.

This whole time I have had a number in mind for my half this month, and I know that number would have been in the bag if I didn't slack on training. So I am going into September with a goal that isn't number related, although who am I kidding the number will still be there, lingering, taunting... All I want to do is give 100% of myself to this race. Whatever that may be. When I finish, I want to be on empty. I want to know that I gave everything I got in me to this race and hopefully in return the number will be close to what I wanted.

Stuff happens. But you can't change the past, and I think you have a great attitude. Just give it the best you've got. Go out there and run. And maybe you will surprise yourself and get closer to that magic original number than you thought you would.

- I found out that my dad was getting his heart biopsy done today..... ON FACEBOOK. So that was cool. He has been having a lot of health problems and has been going to UCLA pretty frequently for stuff. I knew this was coming up, but I am still salty at my mom for not telling me at least via text that it was happening today.

Sounds like my family. What is with people not telling families about important medical things? Ugh. I hope the results of the biopsy come back ok!

- We decided to just go for it and book our Mickey's Halloween Party for October 9th! It's during Bay's fall break and a fun way to break up a work week. The tickets were $115 each and gives us access to DCA & DL from 3-6pm, then the party at DL from 6-11pm. I am super excited to see the Nightmare Before Christmas Haunted Mansion Overlay as I ALWAYS would miss it during the Disneyland Half weekend.

Yay Halloween Party!
Also ... I've never been on Haunted Mansion at Disneyland. Just never got around to it. Oops?

- I have 19 miles to run collectively over Saturday and Sunday, which is really close to the amount of doing a runDisney 10k/Half Challenge (19.3), so I think I am going to make it a 19.3 and dub it a faux Disneyland event because that's where I should be this weekend running.

I love this! Enjoy your Fake Dumbo Double Dare (or whatever the challenge was called...)!

Saturday 9/01
  • Running - Plan: 8 mi @ EB (10:58) / Actual: 8.05 mi @ 10:38
    • The weather was beautiful, I was feeling good, a little fast, could have ran forever.
    • Splits: 10:32, 10:14, 10:21, 10:37, 10:51, 12:19, 10:06, 10:08
  • Steps - 18,526
  • Cross Training - None
  • Life - Pool Day
    • After I ran, we went to my in laws house for breakfast, which was nice. My husband's grandparents got dropped off at their house unexpectantly last week so we have been helping them a bit all week.
    • Bay let us take a nap for almost 2 hours while she played by herself in her room. Bless her.
    • Then we had some friends meet us at my in laws house so we could all go swimming together.
    • My FIL watched Bay that night so we could go out and support my husband's cousin at his first DJing gig at a local bar on a holiday weekend! It was a big deal for him and I was glad we could go support him. I didn't drink because I had a big run Sunday morning I couldn't skip.
  • Overall Stress Level - 22/100
Seen on my run.
IMG_8135.JPG

Last Busy Weekend for the lake/summer!
IMG_8133.jpg

Sunday 9/02
  • Running - Plan: 3 mi @ WU (12:24) + 6 mi @ HM Tempo (9:24) + 2 mi @ CD (12:24) / Actual: 3 mi @ 11:27 + 6 mi @ 9:40 + 2 mi @ 12:18
    • This was my last really important back to back workout and the only one I have done in the past few months, but I did it.
    • Waking up after 5 hours of sleep was hard.
    • I am pretty sure I under fueled for this but we didn't have any good pre-run options. I took a Gu at mile 3 right after the warm up. I had some energy beans at mile 7. But that was about it.
    • The first 3 miles of the HM Tempo 6er was awesome, I felt great! I kind of lost speed after that. I took a break at mile 7 to fuel, use the bathroom, and get some water. It refreshed my legs a little bit but I was noticeably slower. I was just proud of myself for finishing.
    • Splits: 11:18, 11:22, 11:41, 9:14, 9:22, 9:31, 10:11, 9:48, 9:54, 12:32, 12:05
  • Steps - 21,335 (as of 4:30pm)
  • Cross Training - None
  • Life - Thankful for a 3 day weekend
    • Husband had to work today but after we are going to a friend's house for some pizza and hangs.
    • Bay is staying the night at her best friend's house.
    • I am so happy tomorrow is a holiday and a rest day!!
  • Overall Stress Level - 31/100
    • Running 11 miles is stressful. Haha.
Today is Bay's half birthday!
IMG_8168.jpg

OK. That picture of baby Bay with the gloves and ears is just too much. Ahh! So cute!

I think you are going to rock your race- go girl!

Super exciting about the Halloween Party- I'm not going to pretend I'm not MEGA jealous!!

Way to go on the 11 miler!

I love anything to do with birthdays... Happy 1/2 Bay!

Congrats on your great runs - I think you're in awesome shape to crush this race!

Waking up on minimal sleep is really really hard. But kudos to you for doing it and going out and having a good run despite the lack of sleep.

Happy half birthday, Bay!

Great job on those runs! You are going to do great on your race, I know it. Happy half birthday to Bay!

OK. That picture of baby Bay with the gloves and ears is just too much. Ahh! So cute!

I think you are going to rock your race- go girl!

Super exciting about the Halloween Party- I'm not going to pretend I'm not MEGA jealous!!

Way to go on the 11 miler!

I love anything to do with birthdays... Happy 1/2 Bay!
Baby Bay pictures always make me want a time machine. I would have another baby, but Anberlin is perfect and I could never recreate anything close to her. Haha.
Thanks for the encouragement! I am starting to get nervous.
I don't even know HOW I convinced my husband to let us go to Disneyland again when we were JUST there, but I did. I also got my mom to join in, which means we have someone to hang out with Bay so we can ride Guardians of the Galaxy!

Congrats on your great runs - I think you're in awesome shape to crush this race!

Waking up on minimal sleep is really really hard. But kudos to you for doing it and going out and having a good run despite the lack of sleep.

Happy half birthday, Bay!
I love sleep so much. Haha. I slept in today and missed my morning run opportunity so I'll be back here this evening to complain about how much it sucked running in the evening sun and heat.

Great job on those runs! You are going to do great on your race, I know it. Happy half birthday to Bay!
Thank you!!!

Bay is so adorable. I hear ya on the time machine. Rob looked at me Sunday night and asked what are we going to do when they are gone? Eliana was at a sleepover and Nick was gaming, but abnormally quiet. I nearly burst into tears.

You are going to crush your half. Do you know yet if we can track you?

Bay is so adorable. I hear ya on the time machine. Rob looked at me Sunday night and asked what are we going to do when they are gone? Eliana was at a sleepover and Nick was gaming, but abnormally quiet. I nearly burst into tears.
I am so thankful I have YEARS before I will be crying about that. And as of right now, Bay wants to live next door to us forever... Ahhh sweet 6.5 year old innocents. Haha.

You are going to crush your half. Do you know yet if we can track you?
Thank you! And YES! I think it's only through their app though, not on the website. I will post more about that next week probably.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter