Ever see anything totally shocking and unexpected on a cruise?

I must be missing something -- I don't see any pictures unless they were removed :confused3
Yup it’s gone. It wasn’t a clear shot (and by that I mean the photo was potato quality) quite sure his personal view was clear as a moon.

I was on the Thanksgiving cruise in 2010 and the water had been so rough that the pools and the entire deck 4, 9 & 10 had been closed 4 of 7 days. Water was crashed again the 3rd floor windows, and people zigzaged through the halls. I literally “bumped” into a lot of people that week. But the only unexpected thing that I saw was the goofy pool waves crashing to the 10th floor deck. Sliding from the front of the pool to the back of the pool as I stood by the elevators on the 10th deck were they a couple of chairs in the glassed in area. That area might’ve been turned into a coffee shop now?

More sad than shocking but when boarding this past Monday there was a mother standing next to the ropes before walking through the boarding line in the cruise terminal openly and loudly telling her family they were losers as they had boarding number 15. Never associated our boarding number with being a loser (we were 22 our last cruise booked last minute with a late PAT) and was shocked the negativity she openly flung upon her group having to wait maybe 15 minutes to board.

Can I just say, I am British, 2 kids (not sure if you'd call me European) and this is abhorrent and certainly not something I would ever expect to see in the UK and never have. Also having been to the Netherlands, France, Belgium and Spain quite a bit I have never seen this. I wonder which country, if indeed has this culture towards children as I am quite shocked!
very common thing in Iceland.

Here's a story.

Dec 2016 on the Fantasy last night I was looking thru our Shutter's photo album. My wife was in line to buy the photos that we wanted. The album I was looking thru was the ones we were discarding.

I took it over to a table that another lady was using so we were sharing the table. She had her beer bottle on the table. As I was looking thru the pictures (album on the table) someone bumps (not me since I was standing a good foot away) the table knocking her beer all over her own pics. She looks at me and starts screaming at me that I ruined her pictures. I calmly explain to her that I didn't bump the table and its not my beer. Nevertheless she grabs the remaining beer in her bottle and upends it over the pictures and holder of the pictures that I was looking at and then her significant other comes over and starts getting in my face. My only thought was, "I am going to find out if Disney actually has a brig!"

So instead I walked away to the counter service (there was a huge line, (last night of cruise) but my wife was watching the whole thing unfold and let me in front so that I could just hand over the ruined binder and pics. The counter staff saw what was going on and was very apologetic. I just then turned and went back to the cabin and had to shower to get the smell of beer off of me (it wasn't much).

But I thought wow that would have been really weird to get thrown in the brig the last night. Then my thought was Disney may never let me back on the ship.

So now I look around when there is alcohol involved.

Joe

Here's a story.

Dec 2016 on the Fantasy last night I was looking thru our Shutter's photo album. My wife was in line to buy the photos that we wanted. The album I was looking thru was the ones we were discarding.

I took it over to a table that another lady was using so we were sharing the table. She had her beer bottle on the table. As I was looking thru the pictures (album on the table) someone bumps (not me since I was standing a good foot away) the table knocking her beer all over her own pics. She looks at me and starts screaming at me that I ruined her pictures. I calmly explain to her that I didn't bump the table and its not my beer. Nevertheless she grabs the remaining beer in her bottle and upends it over the pictures and holder of the pictures that I was looking at and then her significant other comes over and starts getting in my face. My only thought was, "I am going to find out if Disney actually has a brig!"

So instead I walked away to the counter service (there was a huge line, (last night of cruise) but my wife was watching the whole thing unfold and let me in front so that I could just hand over the ruined binder and pics. The counter staff saw what was going on and was very apologetic. I just then turned and went back to the cabin and had to shower to get the smell of beer off of me (it wasn't much).

But I thought wow that would have been really weird to get thrown in the brig the last night. Then my thought was Disney may never let me back on the ship.

Joe
Wow! Glad it wasn't me in your shoes. I'd be in shock. And it was her own beer! She shouldn't have had it by the pictures anyway. Glad you didn't have to find out about the brig.:scared:

Here's a story.

Joe

There is very little chance I would have actually hit the husband, but when he got in my face I guarantee you I would have been loud enough to get security called on us. Good job letting cooler heads prevail!!!

Sliding from the front of the pool to the back of the pool as I stood by the elevators on the 10th deck were they a couple of chairs in the glassed in area. That area might’ve been turned into a coffee shop now?

I think the area you're referring to is the Concierge Lounge (Deck 10, in the vicinity of the forward funnel).

I think the area you're referring to is the Concierge Lounge (Deck 10, in the vicinity of the forward funnel).
At the time it was an open space with maybe 4 chairs in 2010. Was that made into a lounge during one of the Later Remodling plans? What years have there been remodeling? I’m still upset that beautiful Golden marble hallway where the shops were has been taken down. And Beat Street was a wonderful Hallway. They both were like living in art. Strong Art Deco opulence, I really really miss a lot.

I was totally shocked on my Disney Wonder cruise that departed Feb. 18 to learn from my dinner companions that there would be 2 nights for each of the main musical shows, Golden Mickeys, Frozen, & Dreams with a movie on the other night. So, there would be no evening performances in the Walt Disney Theatre from the featured entertainers at all! It never occurred to me that Disney might do something this unexpected so I hadn't even looked at the Navigator! It elevated the need for planning in order to try to see all of the shows to the level that I usually reserve for the parks and resulted in a much more stressful cruise experience... :( Definitely needed the phone app to look at the days ahead and try to plan out when we could attend the various shows.

I was totally shocked on my Disney Wonder cruise that departed Feb. 18 to learn from my dinner companions that there would be 2 nights for each of the main musical shows, Golden Mickeys, Frozen, & Dreams with a movie on the other night. So, there would be no evening performances in the Walt Disney Theatre from the featured entertainers at all! It never occurred to me that Disney might do something this unexpected so I hadn't even looked at the Navigator! It elevated the need for planning in order to try to see all of the shows to the level that I usually reserve for the parks and resulted in a much more stressful cruise experience... :( Definitely needed the phone app to look at the days ahead and try to plan out when we could attend the various shows.
There was some talk about this yesterday and one of the rumors as to why is that the new ships will have smaller theaters and wil need to run shows this way. I SURE HOPE NOT!!! Please, Disney, no! Might keep us from cruising on the new ships.

There was some talk about this yesterday and one of the rumors as to why is that the new ships will have smaller theaters and wil need to run shows this way. I SURE HOPE NOT!!! Please, Disney, no! Might keep us from cruising on the new ships.
Well, they could put some of the less popular shows on those ships, that'll keep the crowds small......

Why would they skimp on the theatres? Disney is an entertainment company. If they are putting in a smaller theatre, then what are they doing to compensate? ie: will there be other activities to compete with the shows, like water slides, for example?

I'm not sure where this rumor about smaller theaters came from. I saw one "what if" comment on a thread and it seemed to snowball from there. Is there anything else to it?

Last edited:
Why would they skimp on the theatres? Disney is an entertainment company. If they are putting in a smaller theatre, then what are they doing to compensate? ie: will there be other activities to compete with the shows, like water slides, for example?

Yeah, a bigger ship with a smaller theater seems counterproductive for an entertainment company! Hope that is just a rumor.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter