Ever see anything totally shocking and unexpected on a cruise?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by JRLINK3, Nov 7, 2004.

1. Club Disney Chandler

Club Disney Chandler DIS Veteran

Carnival Liberty

2. EASchechter

EASchechter Writer. Homeschooling Mom. Tired

Nope. According to LLL, natural age of child-led weaning is anywhere from three to SEVEN. Mine weaned at four.

3. scgustafson

scgustafson DIS Veteran

After reading through this entire thread, I have one thing to say to most of the past posters - pictures or it didn't happen. :)
    Also, most of the picture links from the first 8 years are dead.

scottb8888 likes this.
  4. Avatar

DIS Sponsor Let Dreams Unlimited Travel plan your perfect Disney vacation!

to hide this advert.
  5. Dug720

Dug720 DIS Veteran

The only time I have ever heard of them finding someone who jumped from a ship was off the fathom Adonia a few weeks ago. College-age kid with his family had some kind of mental breakdown and jumped. And survived to fight the rescuers.

The ship is TINY by today's standards - 704 passenger max capacity, and the pointed bow of the Magic reaches her bridge level. I guess that is what made it a survivable jump. He and his family were medically disembarked in Cuba due to his mental state more than anything physical.

(Yes I know it happened. I met someone last week who was on that cruise and witnessed it.)

6. apple9117

apple9117 Mouseketeer

Some great laughs here!

wombat_5606 likes this.
  7. cgolf

cgolf DIS Veteran

On our last trip on the FOS we were on our way back to our room with my wife in the lead and as we turned to go up the single lane portion of the staircase an older man dressed in only a towel wrapped diaper style was coming down the middle of the staircase. He started to give us a crazy story about how he parked at his brothers and made a wrong turn trying to find or coming from the bathroom, the details are hazy. As my wife was trying to help him figure out what was what, I left;), started looking down hallways hoping to find anyone to help this gentleman out. If he had an ID on him we didn't want to know, and the whole time we were praying the towel would stay put.

Once he got near the bottom of the steps, he had moved enough to the side that we could move past, as we heard another group of people coming up the steps. We heard him give them the same story. This was likely an older gentleman with memory issues, or one heck of prank. This happened on our first night on a new line, one heck of a first impression;)

Club Disney Chandler likes this.
  8. scottb8888

scottb8888 Mouseketeer

9. RedSox68

RedSox68 DIS Veteran

Thanks. So sad.