Ever see anything totally shocking and unexpected on a cruise?

I was amazed at the amount of thongs and teenie non-*** covering bikinis. Don't get me wrong, I wore a bikini but my *** was snugly tucked in.
Really? I've never seen anyone wearing a thong any any Disney or Carnival cruise I've been on. However, on one of our Disney cruises there was a really hairy, 60ish dude sporting a white speedo the entire cruise.

Really? I've never seen anyone wearing a thong any any Disney or Carnival cruise I've been on. However, on one of our Disney cruises there was a really hairy, 60ish dude sporting a white speedo the entire cruise.

Oh Lordy, that may be worse. I saw at least several Moms in ones like these and skimpier:

5029218_Kaloea_mirimiri_black.jpg

I was surprised on my last Disney cruise (Feb '17) that they were on board. One was a mother of two small kids and one was a teen about 13-14 with their parents.

I was surprised on my last Disney cruise (Feb '17) that they were on board. One was a mother of two small kids and one was a teen about 13-14 with their parents.

I saw a few girls in really skimpy swimsuits also. I'm not a prude, but there's no way I'd let my young teen daughter wear something that skimpy. I just don't think your bikini should cover less than your underwear. :P

Oh Lordy, that may be worse. I saw at least several Moms in ones like these and skimpier:

I have no problem with whatever bathing suit anyone decides to wear. Body shaming goes in all directions - and American sensibilities are quite different when it comes to bodies and pools/beaches.

I'm much more concerned with folks being kind and considerate. I'd rather spend the day at the pool sitting next to a NICE obese hairy man in a speedo (or a KIND fit mom in a thong) than suffer next to an ****** in a "respectable" bathing suit.

I'm much more concerned with folks being kind and considerate. I'd rather spend the day at the pool sitting next to a NICE obese hairy man in a speedo (or a KIND fit mom in a thong) than suffer next to an ****** in a "respectable" bathing suit.

That's very true! Rudeness is always offensive.

I have no issue with swimsuits in general. If you want to go nude on a nude beach - have at it! Topless beach? Whip those ladies out. You're at Sandals with the S.O. ? Thong all day long! I just thought that the Splash Zone bending over a Dewey Duck water feature was an odd choice for showing off the bum.

Yeah, this woman pulls it off but, sadly, a lot of the people we have seen wearing this should not be wearing this for any reason!

Thank you for this exemplary example of body shaming. Well done.

You betcha. I am no skinny minny and I wouldn't be caught dead in a 2-piece, let alone something that has about two inches of material :lmao:

For me it's not about the body of the woman who is wearing the suit, it is about being cognizant of the comfort level of the people around you and respecting that.

That. Thanks. There are just some body parts that end up hanging out that just don't fit that I prefer not to have to see ;)

For me it's not about the body of the woman who is wearing the suit, it is about being cognizant of the comfort level of the people around you and respecting that.

I am not trying to be argumentative, but you cannot take care of anyone's comfort level but your own. People come from so many different backgrounds that something comfortable to you may be offensive to me and vice versa.

A bikini body is achieved by putting a bikini on one's body. No more action is required.

Spend enough time at midwestern waterparks, and you learn not to judge the swimwear, but the ill-considered tattoos. If you have a giant back tattoo that is misspelled, THAT I will judge.

Changing the subject - I have an "unexpected" one.

I was surprised that there were some key kids activities so late. The going away party the last night with all the characters was at 10:15. I really wanted our youngest to go, but he was just to tired by then. I get that this works for a lot of folks, but it surprised me. On the other hand, the family pool closed at 10:00 when our middle child really wanted to relax in the pool/whirlpool and catch some late night Funnel vision. My 11 year old had a slide show final goodbye in The Edge that didn't start till 10:30.

The times seemed a little off. (However if you are used to Pacific Time the kid activity would probably work well)

Changing the subject - I have an "unexpected" one.

I was surprised that there were some key kids activities so late. The going away party the last night with all the characters was at 10:15. I really wanted our youngest to go, but he was just to tired by then. I get that this works for a lot of folks, but it surprised me. On the other hand, the family pool closed at 10:00 when our middle child really wanted to relax in the pool/whirlpool and catch some late night Funnel vision. My 11 year old had a slide show final goodbye in The Edge that didn't start till 10:30.

The times seemed a little off. (However if you are used to Pacific Time the kid activity would probably work well)

This happened when my daughter was using both the pre-teen club and the teen club -- some of the activities (we thought) were very late. One of the teen activities didn't end until 2 a.m. -- and we had an excursion the next day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter