Escape reception - FTW or Catered Events?

rspencer38

Mouseketeer
We are looking at doing an escape wedding with a reception (buffet and bar) at Isola West Epcot. Would would be book the reception through Fair Tale Weddings or Catered Events? Is there any difference (cost or benefits) between either?

If you book through Disney Catered Events, they will not let you have anything wedding-like—no wedding cake, no wearing your bridal attire inside the park—because they want to prevent people from trying to have a Wishes wedding without paying for one. If you book through your Escape planner it will be a 2-hour meal (so your buffet and bar will work) rather than a full-on reception with DJ and dancing (which would have to take place after the park closed anyway). But two hours with fireworks and food will be plenty entertaining!

The only cost difference is that DFTW requires you to pay a $10/guest viewing fee even for guests who have park admission, whereas DCE will only charge you for those without park admission.

So am I able to book through DFTW or will they insist on a wishes package? I know the bride would probably like to wear her wedding attire.

If I understand correctly, DFTW would be through our escape planner, whereas we would book catered events directly through them??

If I understand correctly, DFTW would be through our escape planner, whereas we would book catered events directly through them??

Exactly. So when you book your Escape package, tell your assigned sales consultant (NOT the first person who answers the phone at DFTW) that you want to add a catered meal to your Escape package.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter