• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Erin Moran of Happy Days Has Passed Away

Sadly a lot of child actors from that time period fell on hard times, they were sterotyped and unable to get adult roles, and they turned to drugs or booze or both. RIP

I'm only 17 years old and really don't know her much at all but have heard of Happy Days and of course The Fonz. Regardless of not knowing her work as an actress 56 years old is way too early to be gone. RIP

Sadly a lot of child actors from that time period fell on hard times, they were sterotyped and unable to get adult roles, and they turned to drugs or booze or both. RIP

Do you think it's just child actors from that time or is is child actors in general?

There were a bunch of unflattering photos of her - typically smoking. Certainly she hadn't aged well.

I saw her on Maury Povich and she stated how she and her husband were having children. Maury asked if she was pregnant and she answered, "it will happen any day now." I guess for years she tried and she could not get pregnant.

I also heard her make remarks about Scott Baio. She would not do reunions if he attended.

The autopsy showed Erin Moran likely died from stage 4 cancer (unspecified location.)

Toxicology results were negative, and no drugs were found in the mother's mobile home where Erin was living.

The autopsy showed Erin Moran likely died from stage 4 cancer (unspecified location.)

Toxicology results were negative, and no drugs were found in the mother's mobile home where Erin was living.
So sad. Prayers to her family.

I wish they would have said something about the cancer when they announced her death. Would have saved speculation. How sad.

I just read she was being tube fed, so it sounds like they knew something was wrong.

They interviewed some of her former child star friends today & she had stage 4 throat cancer. They said very few people knew that she was sick because she didn't want to make people sad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter