epcot thank-yous

Lynnyl

Mouseketeer
I loved the Greetings in Epcot board, I am going to use it with my children as we travel the world! I was interested in a similar translation of how to say "thank-you" in all of the world showcases. I am especially having a hard time finding the translation into Arabic for Morocco. Can anyone help me with this?
Lynn

hi
i went to travlang.com/languages and got a lot of phrases in all the different languages. you can even hear the pronunciation.

i believe the arabic term for thank you is shokran (prononced shu cran) i don't have my little cheat sheet with me at work!

i typed out all the words for hello, goodbye and thank you for each country and put them on index cards so my kids can use the phrases at each kidcot station.

Thanks for the site! This is what I found so far:
Arabic:
Thank-you: Shokran
Hello: Ahalan
Goodbye: Ma'a ElSalama

German:
TY: Danke
Hello: Gutentag
GB: Auf Wiedersehen

Norwegian:
TY: Takk
Hello: Hallo
GB: Ha det

Italian:
TY: Grazie
Hello: Ciao
GB: Arrivederci

Japanese:
TY: Arigato
Hello: Kon-chichiwa
GB: Sayounara

French:
TY: Merci
Hello: Bonjour
GB: Au Revoir

Mandarin (Chinese):
TY: Xie Xie
Hello: Ni hao
GB: Zai jian

Spanish:
TY: Gracias
Hello: Hola
GB: Adios

If anyone has pronounciation help I'd appreciate it!
Lynn

lynn
the website i listed above allows you to listen to the pronunciation on your computer.

Thank-you, but I was also hoping to have a phonetically spelled version of the words as an aide for both the kids and I! Does anyone have that? Otherwise I'll just do my best spelling them out on my own!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter