Epcot Segway Tour cancelled - all of them

The 2013 books need to be written probably half way through (or earlier) 2012 in order to get published and shipped in time. That's why I didn't buy one for this year's trip because everyone I looked in only had speculations for the new Fantasyland and other goings on which really don't help.

I'm not sure what books you were looking at but the ones I've been checking out all week have very accurate information about New Fantasyland and other changes for 2013. Most of the changes had already been made to New Fantasyland in 2012 before the books were published. Also, if it was announced that the Segway exhibit in Innoventions was to close in Fall of 2012, it would have been reflected in the 2013 books. That's why I'm saying that it must have been a sudden decision.

Hope it's not permanent, loved the Epcot tour, was planing on it again.

Are people still seeing rolling cancellations on the Segway tour? I wouldn't expect to hear anything yet from Disney as we're not vacationing until August but it would be good to hear from others

I called again this past weekend about our tour scheduled for March 24 and was told that we should be expecting a call about a cancellation soon. Its less than a week away now and though I KNOW it will be cancelled, I am confused as to why the CM I spoke to, saying it was not going to run, wouldn't have canceled it and tried to re-book me on something else. I will only be there on a day trip really, so scheduling another tour isn't something I would want to do so I am willing to wait and see what their response will be. Strange.
I hope they run it again someday, I was really looking forward to it!

Maybe they are just finishing up some that they had booked?

I doubt it, they cancelled them all without notice and refunded everyone.

Could be some sort of test for re-introducing the Segway tours though, if they've resolved whatever issue it was which stopped them?

Andre

I am confused as to why the CM I spoke to, saying it was not going to run, wouldn't have canceled it and tried to re-book me on something else. I will only be there on a day trip really, so scheduling another tour isn't something I would want to do so I am willing to wait and see what their response will be.

I was thinking the same thing reading some of these posts. That they wait until 2 weeks away to cancel isn't good for rebooking another tour and getting people to spend money. I get that they're probably trying to make money on the interest before giving it back to you, but c'mon...

From what I understood a couple weeks ago, they had cancelled all of the tours through May 1. Maybe they meant April 1? Are there still April tours that haven't been cancelled? Are there April tours that have?

They were definitely cancelling them in batches. And they weren't doing it too far ahead. So the assumption from that was that they might come back on and they didn't want to cancel just in case.

If someone actually saw a tour running in Epcot that bodes well. mine is May 3.

My April 29th tour was cancelled several weeks ago and the money refunded to my credit card. It would be nice if they did reinstate the tours to give those of us who had tours cancelled a chance to rebook before opening it up to the general public.

I though Disney had announced they were getting rid if the tour and creating a new one. Maybe they are play testing the new one.

I though Disney had announced they were getting rid if the tour and creating a new one. Maybe they are play testing the new one.

Make sure that you aren't looking a last year's news about a new tour.

Yes StitchesGr8Fan look at the date of that announcement. When this first popped up without any other sites reporting it I found probably the same article and though I found the answer.

Hmmm my tour is booked for 4/24/13 and I haven't been told it's cancelled yet... but someone who has a tour booked 4/29/13 has been cancelled and refunded.. anyone see a problem with that?!?! Wonder when I'll be cancelled and refunded??

~Nannette

We have a June tour scheduled and when I called the other day the CM said it was still on no worries....:confused3:confused3

Hmmm my tour is booked for 4/24/13 and I haven't been told it's cancelled yet... but someone who has a tour booked 4/29/13 has been cancelled and refunded.. anyone see a problem with that?!?! Wonder when I'll be cancelled and refunded??

~Nannette

Our April 22 Segway tour was canceled. I just don't get it. Wish Disney was more forthcoming in the reason.

Ok just got a reply back from IPO this is what they said As of right now, we are still being told The Keep Moving Forward Segway Tour is cancelled indefinitely. We have not been given any information on if or when it will resume. I do apologize for the inconvenience." My refund is now forthcoming. :mad:

~Nannette

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter