EPCOT Segway Tour - CANCELED

Toulouse

Ladies don't start fights but they can finish them
It appears that EPCOT has completely canceled the EPCOT Segway tour of the World Showcase. We had one booked for April 7th and they called to advise they have refunded our money, and now it is no longer listed on the Tours page on the website....

Anyone hear anything about this?

Yes, this was talked about quite a lot last week. Unfortunately the search function is down at the moment. So far no word as to whether or not this is permanent or not.

There was speculation last week that the elimination of the EPCOT/Segway tours was a direct result of the settlement of a lawsuit involving park guest use of privately owned Segways in the parks. In a nutshell, some folks who own Segways wanted to use them in the parks, Disney allegedly said no, they're too dangerous, and the Segway side sued (under ADA? not sure).

Anyway, the supposed result was that either Disney won the lawsuit but was advised to discontinue the SEGWAYS in Epcot, or as part of a settlement (without a legal finding in the suit) agreed to eliminate them. Either way, the Segway tours were gone from Epcot.

Yes, this was talked about quite a lot last week. Unfortunately the search function is down at the moment. So far no word as to whether or not this is permanent or not.

There was speculation last week that the elimination of the EPCOT/Segway tours was a direct result of the settlement of a lawsuit involving park guest use of privately owned Segways in the parks. In a nutshell, some folks who own Segways wanted to use them in the parks, Disney allegedly said no, they're too dangerous, and the Segway side sued (under ADA? not sure).

Anyway, the supposed result was that either Disney won the lawsuit but was advised to discontinue the SEGWAYS in Epcot, or as part of a settlement (without a legal finding in the suit) agreed to eliminate them. Either way, the Segway tours were gone from Epcot.

Thanks so much everyone - I wanted to search but yeah, the function was down. Interesting! And here I thought I had the scoop.... :P

We're disappointed, but it's nice to suddenly have that money back to spend on other things now I guess!

I'm bummed about this. Although I have never done an Epcot Seway tour, it was on my list of things to get to one day.

Huge bummer. DH and I are doing big weight loss and a gift to ourselves was this in April 2014 when we go w/o kids. Guess not :(

That's a shame, it always seemed to be a very popular tour and a great thing for Epcot.

If you have a car or will be renting a car there is a Segway Tour of Celebration that is $100 and lasts 2 hours. It is on Celebration. Unless Disney has also canceled it, there is a Segway Tour of Fort Wilderness. $90 for 2 hours. To me, either of those would be better than the Epcot tour because all of the reviews I ever read about the Epcot Segway tour complained that it was basically just a tutorial about the countries in World Showcase and you would only be driving the segway very minimally from country to country and stopping at each country getting a lesson about the country and shops Disney offers. The other 2 tours you really get to spend a good bit of time actually driving around on the Segways. You can find videos of the Celebration tour on YouTube. I think I remember there is also videos of the Fort Wilderness tour. The Segway tour of Celebration is run by a company called EZ Tours or something like that. You can find it by simply googling "segway tour of celebration"

MinnieLovesMickey12 said:
If you have a car or will be renting a car there is a Segway Tour of Celebration that is $100 and lasts 2 hours. It is on Celebration. Unless Disney has also canceled it, there is a Segway Tour of Fort Wilderness. $90 for 2 hours. To me, either of those would be better than the Epcot tour because all of the reviews I ever read about the Epcot Segway tour complained that it was basically just a tutorial about the countries in World Showcase and you would only be driving the segway very minimally from country to country and stopping at each country getting a lesson about the country and shops Disney offers. The other 2 tours you really get to spend a good bit of time actually driving around on the Segways. You can find videos of the Celebration tour on YouTube. I think I remember there is also videos of the Fort Wilderness tour. The Segway tour of Celebration is run by a company called EZ Tours or something like that. You can find it by simply googling "segway tour of celebration"

The Celebration one would be cool!

What about the off road one at wilderness lodge as an alternative. Looks like good fun but I'm guessing its going to e popular since the Epcot ones are gone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter