Epcot Resort or Monorail Resort

zad's mom

Mouseketeer
I need your advice, please. We are leaving in a about a week and I still can't decide on where to stay!

I'm trying to decide between staying at the Beach Club CL, Yacht Club CL, Poly CL, and GF CL. We currently have reservatiosn at the YC GV CL.

We have stayed at Poly CL (loved it), GF CL (loved it), and BC GV.

My first choice is to stay at the GL CL but with the construction going on I'm not so sure. The quiet pool is supposed to close in the middle of our stay and so would Gasparilla Grill.

My second choice is the Poly CL, but I'm not sure of the condition of the rooms since from what I hear they will be renovated at the beginning of next year. I just don't want to be stuck with a room that is not in good condition.

My third choice (and logical choice) is either the BC CL or YC CL, since we'll be going to Epcot and HS on this trip. But I have not read a lot good reviews of the CL in both resorts, and BC just did not "click" with me when we stayed there the last time. The location is very convenient, but it seemed too busy for me. And, we only visited the YC and did not see any of the rooms. Are the rooms at the BC and YC in good condition?

The room conditino is important to us because my husband, who has foot and back problems, will be more than likely spending more time in the room than DS and I. My DS and I will be going around Epcot and HS during the day, but will be spending the evenings at the resort with the DH. :hug:

Can you please, please, please help me decide? :confused3

Thank you!

leaving in a week? :thumbsup2 No ressies? :eek:

So much for the planning phase. :rotfl:

After reading your post through, I think the key comment was that you and your boy would be going to HS and Epcot. To me, that narrows your search to an Epcot resort because while monorail resorts are great, after all they are MK resorts. I think a CL room at the Boardwalk would be most convenient for your situation, but you really can't go wrong with YC or BC either.

I need your advice, please. We are leaving in a about a week and I still can't decide on where to stay!

I'm trying to decide between staying at the Beach Club CL, Yacht Club CL, Poly CL, and GF CL. We currently have reservatiosn at the YC GV CL.

We have stayed at Poly CL (loved it), GF CL (loved it), and BC GV.

My first choice is to stay at the GL CL but with the construction going on I'm not so sure. The quiet pool is supposed to close in the middle of our stay and so would Gasparilla Grill.

My second choice is the Poly CL, but I'm not sure of the condition of the rooms since from what I hear they will be renovated at the beginning of next year. I just don't want to be stuck with a room that is not in good condition.

My third choice (and logical choice) is either the BC CL or YC CL, since we'll be going to Epcot and HS on this trip. But I have not read a lot good reviews of the CL in both resorts, and BC just did not "click" with me when we stayed there the last time. The location is very convenient, but it seemed too busy for me. And, we only visited the YC and did not see any of the rooms. Are the rooms at the BC and YC in good condition?

The room condition is important to us because my husband, who has foot and back problems, will be more than likely spending more time in the room than DS and I. My DS and I will be going around Epcot and HS during the day, but will be spending the evenings at the resort with the DH. :hug:

Can you please, please, please help me decide? :confused3

Thank you!

YC GV CL is very nice.

There is a wonderful Yacht Club/Beach Club thread here at the DIS. :cool1:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2970473
You can find tons of information there, and lots of friendly people to answer questions. I think your DH would love spending time relaxing at the Yacht Club. He might enjoy riding the boat to HS and Epcot, too. :thumbsup2

I've done CL at both BC and YC. I would pick YC. I loved our garden view. I also thought the lounge was nicer. The offerings are the same at both BC and YC but for the lounge itself, it felt that the YC's was nicer.

Another factor, especially considering your husband will be spending a lot of time in the room, is that 50% of BC rooms do not have balconies. We have stayed in 2 separate club level rooms, neither of which had a full balcony.

I haven't done CL at the YC but have stayed there and the BC, I FAR prefer those over the Poly and it'd be neck and neck with the GF. Honestly, CR is my favorite monorail hotel though as the rooms appeal to me more visually. That said, its honestly, probably been 2009 since we stayed away from the Epcot resorts:) I'm sure you'll love the area!

We're also those weird people that prefer the Swan/Dolphin. Sometimes its cheaper to stay at WDW place though if they are having a conference and an alcove balcony room is $700! I do think that's the strangest thing about the S/D, sometimes we get that room (we always book standard and then upgrade at check in, the deals are incredible and we don't HAVE to have a certain room) for like $250 a night, sometimes way more or I'm even hoping less for our Sept. trip as we only paid like $130 for our room and our last upgrade charge was maybe $30 bucks a night? It was awesome. If you're not doing the dining plan you might consider it as its the most quiet/relaxing WDW hotel I've been too because it caters more to the business crowd. Your husband might really enjoy that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter