Epcot Construction Update Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The pictures made it seem so easy to see over the walls and see the pylons behind the wall. When I was there, I needed to be about 2.5 feet taller to see more than 1/8th of the top of the pylons. I can’t wait to see them in person.

i've seen photos and videos of the fountain in front of Spaceship Earth and it looks amazing. Can't wait to see it in April.

What the heck is taking so long to remove innoventions west? I don’t think anything will be reused, why does it take a year for a demolition project? Please don’t say COVID , not buyin that when there are high rises demolished and removed in urban areas in a fraction of the time

What the heck is taking so long to remove innoventions west? I don’t think anything will be reused, why does it take a year for a demolition project? Please don’t say COVID , not buyin that when there are high rises demolished and removed in urban areas in a fraction of the time
Well it is Covid. They had a halt on construction. Disney also always does things slower to save money and spread it across multiple years. Plans have changed for that area too. I’m sure there was consideration at one point in keeping the half of west that wasn’t torn down.

Well it is Covid. They had a halt on construction. Disney also always does things slower to save money and spread it across multiple years. Plans have changed for that area too. I’m sure there was consideration at one point in keeping the half of west that wasn’t torn down.

not buyin it, unless you tell me there is something worth saving in that steel skeleton, having guests walk by that eyesore does no one any good. I find it hard to believe removing that junk pile would cost that much where they would leave it for so long

not buyin it, unless you tell me there is something worth saving in that steel skeleton, having guests walk by that eyesore does no one any good. I find it hard to believe removing that junk pile would cost that much where they would leave it for so long
So you ask a question, get an answer, and then say you‘re not buying it. What is your source as to why it’s taking so long then? Is Disney sitting there saying, “I know what we can do, let’s take as long as possible to tear down a building just to annoy @mlayton14?” The reasoning was given to you. Disney always does demolition work slower than normal, and throw in having to stop that work for 4 months and now probably working with a reduced crew, this is what you get.

LOL ! I like answers , just not your answer. Doing something over a longer period should theoretically cost more (setup time, breakdown time, etc) , I get spreading the costs out, but the place looks like a and has for some time , maybe it’s more that they just don’t know what they are going to do with that space
No they definitely have a plan for the area, but that plan has changed since initial teardown has started. I agree that the front of Epcot does look like a war zone currently, and the path you have to take to get to World Showcase is horrible, but this is the Disney MO. They never do construction projects quickly.

Last edited by a moderator:
No they definitely have a plan for the area, but that plan has changed since initial teardown has started. I agree that the front of Epcot does look like a war zone currently, and the path you have to take to get to World Showcase is horrible, but this is the Disney MO. They never do construction projects quickly.

looking forward to knowing that plan

If you follow Bioreconstruct's photos, he often points out access ports to utilidoors in the innoventions site. Maybe the underground tunnels are slowing it down?
That’s true. I always forget that there’s a very small utilidor system at the front of Epcot.

LOL ! I like answers , just not your answer. Doing something over a longer period should theoretically cost more (setup time, breakdown time, etc) , I get spreading the costs out, but the place looks like a and has for some time , maybe it’s more that they just don’t know what they are going to do with that space
I’m literally giving you the answer. This is how Disney works.

How many of those urban highrises are demolished via implosions? That might be impractical at Epcot, even during closure. And I have no idea what might be in those buildings that might be reused....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter