Enthusiastic about Genie+ touring

Yes, it works across parks including hopping. And you can buy it just for select days.
When will Genie + allow one to get access to a Park Hopping experience? For example, if we are Park Hopping to MK at 2:00 PM from HS, when will we have access for MK rides? Can we for instance get a Genie + for Tower of Terror for 10:10 - 11:10 and then at 10:11 "book" Thunder Mtn. for 2:20 - 3:20 (assuming of course that time is available). Of course these are just examples, I'm just trying to understand when does Genie + allow you to access the Park Hopping rides? THANK YOU

Well, there were downsides and losers in the FPP. The inability to book a good Tier 1 FPP less than 60+4 days ahead was a big one. Offsite being completely locked out of any good ones when their window opened up. People complain about having to start early with G+, but you had to knock your FPP reservations out early to have a chance at the same-day tier1 FPP drops. Even then, the general advice was to rope drop the tier 1 you didn't get, or wait until close. With the IA$$$ rides that will still be true. Then there was the long standby lines created by everyone using their free FPP. Not everyone has the luxury of just waiting until next trip.

This thread is hilarious. 23 pages of predominantly 1 person vigorously defending a yet to be rolled-out system against the world who has legitimate frustrations about the latest upcharge from Disney. I think we all get it.

So the people complaining have legitimate complaints, but the person defending it is somehow wrong to be?

So the people complaining have legitimate complaints, but the person defending it is somehow wrong to be?
No, of course not. But when the original post starts with " I'm shocked by the backlash" to Genie+ (which was intentionally inflammatory imo), they are going to get responses they asked for.

Also not every opinion has to be responded to, or get rebuttals. BOTH opinions can be correct because each person/family has their own circumstances - plus there's so little info released by Disney. It comes off as like the person feels like everyone is targeting their opinion, though I've observed that most are just venting and putting their personal perspectives out there.

There is a difference in defending your own enthusiasm about a system you think will benefit you, and telling everyone else just how great it will be for them because you know exactly how it will work to benefit them. Especially if that system hasn't even been rolled out at the park we are discussing.
The frustration at yet another upcharge is definitely legitimate, the OP even claims they understand that. However they also keep telling people how wrong they are for feeling that way. So, I don't know what you want to call it but I for sure know the OP is wrong about that, at least for me. I am definitely not wrong in how Genie + negatively effects any future trips I (would have) planned despite the OP claiming I am.

There is a difference in defending your own enthusiasm about a system you think will benefit you, and telling everyone else just how great it will be for them because you know exactly how it will work to benefit them. Especially if that system hasn't even been rolled out at the park we are discussing.
The frustration at yet another upcharge is definitely legitimate, the OP even claims they understand that. However they also keep telling people how wrong they are for feeling that way. So, I don't know what you want to call it but I for sure know the OP is wrong about that, at least for me. I am definitely not wrong in how Genie + negatively effects any future trips I (would have) planned despite the OP claiming I am.

I think the point was that you can literally go anywhere and find somewhere to complain about the system. There are tons of threads to do that and the OP was trying to start one that was the opposite.

As for what Genie+ is or isn’t going to do to your plans, that is for you to decide, but if the OP has no evidence to back up how it will benefit people, you also have no evidence that it will not.

No, of course not. But when the original post starts with " I'm shocked by the backlash" to Genie+ (which was intentionally inflammatory imo), they are going to get responses they asked for.

Also not every opinion has to be responded to, or get rebuttals. BOTH opinions can be correct because each person/family has their own circumstances - plus there's so little info released by Disney. It comes off as like the person feels like everyone is targeting their opinion, though I've observed that most are just venting and putting their personal perspectives out there.

Again though, there are countless threads where complaints are flying around. Coming to the thread that is optimistic to make your complaints, just makes you seem argumentative.

Again though, there are countless threads where complaints are flying around. Coming to the thread that is optimistic to make your complaints, just makes you seem argumentative.
I can almost guarantee that there would be much fewer complaints (though not entirely eliminated) had the post not started with negativity in the first place, and constantly telling people who respond to their post that they are wrong to feel a certain way. It doesn't seem like optimism, rather like superiority? Idk.

I will note, I was originally very opposed to Genie+ but became more open minded after hearing the other side. But it did rub me the wrong way how every single opinion needed a rebuttal (when the original post basically requested for them).

No, I’m speaking for myself and others who will enjoy a vastly superior experience even at the cost of losing a bad product perceived as “free.” I get that plenty of people would rather have something they perceive as “free”, even if it’s an inferior product.
See, you keep framing this whole thing as if we're all stupid. This is not an inherently superior product, it's just different. The superiority or inferiority of a system is completely relative to the end goals of the user. It's not objective.

This new system *is* inferior FOR ME because it gives me nothing I didn't already have and it costs me more money.

This new system is superior FOR YOU because it allows you to do things you couldn't before and you find value in that. That's great for you! But don't imply that I just want an inferior product because I'm scared of change or too dumb to understand that the old system wasn't actually free.

When will Genie + allow one to get access to a Park Hopping experience? For example, if we are Park Hopping to MK at 2:00 PM from HS, when will we have access for MK rides? Can we for instance get a Genie + for Tower of Terror for 10:10 - 11:10 and then at 10:11 "book" Thunder Mtn. for 2:20 - 3:20 (assuming of course that time is available). Of course these are just examples, I'm just trying to understand when does Genie + allow you to access the Park Hopping rides? THANK YOU

For now, Genie+ is strictly next available.
So let's say you get a TOT for 10:10, as per your example. You want to ride Big Thunder Mountain in the afternoon. If, at 10:10 am, the next available BTMRR is 2:20, you can book it immediately. If the next available BTMRR is 11:10 am, you'd have to wait a while, book more DHS stuff up to then.

I suspect that in most cases, the next available will be within 1-2 hours. So if I'm right (we will need to wait and see), then you wouldn't really think about booking rides for 2:00 pm until after noon.

I made no comment about the legitimacy of either viewpoint. I was simply observing the beautiful absurdity of it. If I didn't know any better I would say this has the appearance of someone inside Disney being tasked with pumping up enthusiasm for Genie + and failing miserably.

See, you keep framing this whole thing as if we're all stupid. This is not an inherently superior product, it's just different. The superiority or inferiority of a system is completely relative to the end goals of the user. It's not objective.

There are objective and subjective differences. If it allows the guest to get more passes overall on average, if it allows guests to spend less time in line, on average, overall.. then that is objectively a superior product. (Whether it's worth the price, becomes a more subjective valuation. Whether it's better to lock down every plan months in advance or to have flexibility on the day is subjective).

We will need to wait and see how it plays out. But if it gives guests more availability than FP+, gives guests the ability to get more passes than they could under FP+, and if it results in less time in line than FP+, then I will conclude it is a superior product.
Doesn't mean it is superior for all people all the time. If you're a person who has an anxiety attack if you don't have a fastpass in hand for It's a Small World 60 days before your trip, it probably isn't going to feel like a superior product to you. If you opt not to pay the fees, you certainly won't find it a superior product for you.

There are objective and subjective differences. If it allows the guest to get more passes overall on average, if it allows guests to spend less time in line, on average, overall.. then that is objectively a superior product. (Whether it's worth the price, becomes a more subjective valuation. Whether it's better to lock down every plan months in advance or to have flexibility on the day is subjective).

We will need to wait and see how it plays out. But if it gives guests more availability than FP+, gives guests the ability to get more passes than they could under FP+, and if it results in less time in line than FP+, then I will conclude it is a superior product.
Doesn't mean it is superior for all people all the time. If you're a person who has an anxiety attack if you don't have a fastpass in hand for It's a Small World 60 days before your trip, it probably isn't going to feel like a superior product to you. If you opt not to pay the fees, you certainly won't find it a superior product for you.
Which guest? Because I'm not concerned with how many passes Joe Schmoe can get. I'm concerned with my own experience. I've never claimed this system would be better or worse for other people, only that it will be worse ***for me***.

I don't need the ability to get more passes than I got under FP+. I already didn't get all the passes I *could* have because I didn't need to and it wouldn't have helped me have a better trip. My trips were great and I always got to do everything I wanted.

Oh, I don't have anxiety attacks, I will (begrudgingly) pay the fees where I think it necessary, and it still won't be a superior product ***for me***.

I hope that works out for you.

Now do one for people who would prefer not to get up at the crack of dawn in order to get out the door for rope drop. FP+ was a much more acceptable option for those people, even offsite guests who had to wait until 30 days prior to their visit in order to book them. I'm not sure why you're shocked that people may not like this change.
There's no system, real or hypothetical, where "person who likes to sleep in" can do as much as "person who gets to the park while other people are sleeping in."

To the bolded: Just one example of hundreds at this point, where you are intentionally inflammatory and insulting. It’s extremely off-putting.

The title of the thread is optimistic, but the OP set the tone in the first paragraph of post 1. It does come off as condescending. This thread is almost 3 weeks old now and many people are still responding to it in a negative way.

If the OP wanted positive responses, they should have considered deleting that first paragraph.

There's no system, real or hypothetical, where "person who likes to sleep in" can do as much as "person who gets to the park while other people are sleeping in."
Under the old FP+ system, you didn't need to get up early every morning, while on vacation, to book 3 guaranteed line-skipping passes for every park day. I'd consider that a lot better than waking before 7 AM every morning while on vacation for the privilege of paying for 2 line-skipping passes IF you're staying in a Disney Resort. The offsite guests can't even book theirs until they arrive at the park.

Very true, however, at least with FP+, "person who likes to sleep in" could enter the park with 3 FPs already booked. That's an excellent start.
Old world: Book FPs for 11, 1, and 3, 60 days in advance.

New world: wake up at 10, book a G+ for 11. Ride it. Book a G+ for 1. Ride it. Book a G+ for 3. Ride it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter