Entertainment Show Production PDS

Jool-e

Mouseketeer
I'm considering taking this class since it sort of fits my major, but I was wondering if we actually get to observe or participate in the production of a show. Or is it just theory? Has anyone taken or heard anything about this class?

You go backstage at Fantasmic I know. (I've been working when the groups come through the costuming area.) I'm not sure about anywhere else.

What is your major?

They have a ranking system of majors and will fill he class with Theater majors first, then Stage Management, and so on. My major was electronic media - I feel into the third tier and never made it in. It's a very popular class, so if you do not have the correct major, it's hard to get into.

As for the class - it revolves around the Creative Entertainment Production Life Cycle. What are all the steps involved with the concept, creative development, production, mounting, opening, operation, and sustainment. My understanding is that they focus on each step for a week.

My major is TV Production. Not exactly the same but producing a TV show has all the same steps as a theater show, just a different way of presenting it. I'm guessing I'd still be in the third tier though. I'm just wondering how hands on it is. If I'm just going to be sitting in a class hearing about it idk if it's worth it. Although it might look good on my resume.

When do they typically open up registration for this class? I'm a theater major doing FA so I'll already be down there in August - would I just pop over to the University and register?

I am really interested in this class!
I did not know it was so hard to get into.

I am a theatre major with stage management emphasis, does that mean I have a good chance of getting in??
I hope so!

How do they know what your major is? Do you just tell them or need to provide some documents?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter