ENTERTAIN code invalid at Dollar?

Could someone tell me what you need to reserve to get a PT Cruiser??? What is it considered or were you all upgraded???

Thanks!

We reserved an intermediate car. By the looks of things, there were a lot of PT Cruisers on the road at Disney. Must be a popular rental car nowadays.

We just got back last night and used the Entertain code at Dollar for a rental last week. The person at the desk was nice, but kept insisting that we needed more room and an intermediate wasn't big enough.

Finally, I convinced him that I wanted the intermediate and he gave me my paperwork. We went out to the lot, got the keys and went to the parking spot. In the spot was an Intrepid, which is a full size. The keys worked and we left with it. I looked at the paperwork later that night and it still said intermediate but they gave me a full size.

I think they are overbooking the intermediate cars, so if they are really pushing the upgrade (for $7/day) to a full size, stand your ground and insist on the intermediate. You may end up with a full size after all.

My friend used Dollar her last trip and booked a compact. They didn't have any compacts available so they gave her a minivan at no extra charge. I agree, stand your ground and maybe you'll be upgraded. They asked us on our last trip if we needed a bigger car. There is only 2 of us and had a full size reserve. No grounds for an upgrade there.

I just had to book a rental out of Columbus Ohio for two weeks picking up on the 11th.While playing around on the Dollar site, popped in a rate code(it was "supposed" to be a good Airline rate discount) and it came back with $400 base rate for a compact.Took the code out and got a $237 base rate!LOLDidn't check to see what it would be in MCO. I guess some "codes" penalize you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter