"Enjoy these moments; they are precious"-Lesley's EPIC May TR!-COMPLETED-10/2-Last stops at Flower & Garden and Wrap Up

My goal was to finally get a serving of Frushi, my favorite Flower & Garden dish which I hadn’t even tried yet this year!

AmPwciO.jpg

This is such an adorable dress! I love the way it looks with the frame and your ears!

I think that this has to be my favorite display from F&G!

Glad you got to have your beloved Frushi, it's a must-try for me!

What a beautiful afternoon in Garden View! I'm glad you all had a lovely time!

Frushi is sooooo good!

I'm glad you all had fun at tea. It's really a special experience and one I totally recommend.
Yes, it is definitely nice!
This is such an adorable dress! I love the way it looks with the frame and your ears!
Thanks! I did like this one a lot! I wore it on my cruise too!
I think that this has to be my favorite display from F&G!
I love how it was so new from the previous year!

It's always sad to reach your last full Disney day. It looks like you made the most of it!

Whew! I've run or rushed for a few monorails or busses myself and it is NOT a fun experience. I'm glad you made it!

I LOVE tea at the Garden View Tea Room! How nice that you could have another fun experience with the EPIC ladies. Both the trifle and the pastries are tasty - you really can't make a bad choice. The plate of chocolates is quite adorable.

I love your dress!! Great idea getting a pic with Belle while wearing it!

And great topiary pics!

Sounds like such a nice time at tea! This is something I really want to try one day!

Seeing flower and garden pics makes me extra bummed we missed it this year!

I love your twirling pics with Belle and that monorail shot is perfection!

The GF tea always looks so lovely. I'll probably never do it since I don't drink tea but I love reading about it!

They just buzz around and land on you and around you and ugh! So eventually I retreated back to the room.
giphy.gif

Omg… :rotfl: That is the best…and most accurate...gif ever!

And my first time at Hoop Dee Doo Revue!
DFaOE8t.jpg

I love HDDR! I can't wait to go back next July!

Of course Molly looks cute even with a bucket of ribs!
OgbekaV.jpg

Molly would look cute with a bucket of pig slop! :P

Su-Queen was a bit surprised though…
JK4yQy3.jpg

:rotfl:

We made sure to ask the waitress for mac and cheese and she said, oh, sorry – we don’t have that anymore… these were our faces.

Oh, no!

Just kidding! Oh we all just laughed like crazy and we knew our waitress totally fit in with our group!
PjtwKTw.jpg

You got me!

And of course one big group photo!

0x7kKLj.jpg

Great photo!

But, we did end up with this gem and payback when Su-Queen fell asleep on the bus!

8uaiwKT.jpg

:rotfl2:

I also ran into Belle (who had no line) and even though I normally don’t both with Character Meets, I figured I had to with my dress! She loved it and we twirled…

MyAb5fH.jpg
AZmhlLf.jpg

So cute! I love your dress!

As I approached Spaceship Earth I saw the monorail start to arrive for its circle of Epcot. Well – crap, I need to catch that monorail. So I booked it (without running, since I was in flip flops) and rushed out of the park and up to the monorail platform, and was able to catch the train, just a little out of breath! (

That is no easy feat, those ramps are a killer!

Liesa got a rose for her birthday

OQrhlvs.jpg

Pretty, both Liesa and the rose :lovestruc🌺

On the way out I saw the tiled floors so had to take photos!

oPqZq7D.jpg
fCRxqjZ.jpg

Perfect!

Sorry for the delay - just been exhausted trying to deal with work and just life!
:hug:
That's okay. We get it. :)
Today was the last full day at WDW. :sad:
booo!!!! don't do it!!!
My goal was to finally get a serving of Frushi, my favorite Flower & Garden dish which I hadn’t even tried yet this year!
I've never had this. For some reason it just doesn't appeal to me.
I normally don’t both with Character Meets
nor do I.
I figured I had to with my dress! She loved it and we twirled…
:laughing: I love that photo!
So I booked it (without running, since I was in flip flops)
I can just see you doing a very fast shuffle. :)
It was tea time! It ended up being me, Caroline, Liesa, Liesa’s mom, Kara, and Kari, which was a lovely bunch.
Nice group! I've met some of those (Liesa, her mom and Kari) and even did the tea with Liesa not so long ago. :)
I’m pretty sure I got the Golden Caramel Roobios. I don’t drink tea that often, but tend to go for the sweeter options and load them up even further with sugar and cream!
You and I would get along just fine in that department.
How to make tea: take a cup of sugar and add just enough tea to it to dissolve the sugar.
That castle – it’s chocolate, not a printed design on the plate!
whoa.
Liesa got a rose for her birthday
Awww. :)

It's always sad to reach your last full Disney day. It looks like you made the most of it!

Whew! I've run or rushed for a few monorails or busses myself and it is NOT a fun experience. I'm glad you made it!

I LOVE tea at the Garden View Tea Room! How nice that you could have another fun experience with the EPIC ladies. Both the trifle and the pastries are tasty - you really can't make a bad choice. The plate of chocolates is quite adorable.
Yes, one last EPIC experience! Sometimes when I'm at Disney parks I wish I could be wearing those sneakers with wheels in the bottom - it would make it much easier to rush around!
I love your dress!! Great idea getting a pic with Belle while wearing it!

And great topiary pics!

Sounds like such a nice time at tea! This is something I really want to try one day!
Thanks! The tea is fun - definitely best with company though! Maybe next time you visit with your mom?
Seeing flower and garden pics makes me extra bummed we missed it this year!

I love your twirling pics with Belle and that monorail shot is perfection!

The GF tea always looks so lovely. I'll probably never do it since I don't drink tea but I love reading about it!
That sucks about missing F&G this year! I love that time of year!
Omg… :rotfl: That is the best…and most accurate...gif ever!
I'm still getting the heeby-jeebies thinking about those evil things!
I've never had this. For some reason it just doesn't appeal to me.
Then more for me!
I can just see you doing a very fast shuffle. :)
Haha - yeah my feet didn't like it that much!
You and I would get along just fine in that department.
How to make tea: take a cup of sugar and add just enough tea to it to dissolve the sugar.
My sister decided to try my flavor of tea once. She couldn't get over the amount of sugar I used!

I loved your tea dress, so cute on you!

I really enjoyed the tea, it was such a nice time visiting and drinking the delicious tea!!

My goal was to finally get a serving of Frushi, my favorite Flower & Garden dish which I hadn’t even tried yet this year

See this could be why you didn't like CA Grill brunch and I would. Frushi is something that I would never consider. It is coated in coconut and both @pkondz and myself are completely adverse to this.

I stopped in France to check out those topiaries, plus some photos

I saw the BatB one and the Muppets, but I missed all the others! Those were really cute.

But still, I love my Frushi!

Did you like the DCA version as well?

I also ran into Belle (who had no line) and even though I normally don’t both with Character Meets, I figured I had to with my dress! She loved it and we twirled

Very cute!

It was tea time! It ended up being me, Caroline, Liesa, Liesa’s mom, Kara, and Kari, which was a lovely bunch.

Sounds like a fun bunch! And half of us will be back meeting up in just a few days!

I requested a second cucumber instead of egg salad, as I don’t like egg salad. I ended up liking the pear option the most (which was some people’s least favorite, so everyone can have different tastes). And I liked the caramelized onion tart, which wasn’t listed on the menu.

I don't care for egg salad either, but I'm sure that I would care for many of the other options which is why I have not opted for tea before.

You also get a caddy with traditional scone with accompaniments (Buttery golden raisin scone with Devonshire Clotted Cream, lemon curd and strawberry jam, served with a strawberry preserve tart) and a choice of dessert. For dessert I got the Delicate House-made pastries with Mousse-filled swan, French macaron, and chocolate covered strawberry.

That sounds pretty good. Maybe I could skip the tea sandwiches and just move on to dessert!

Love your flower and garden pictures, Epcot is so beautiful that time of year. Your dress is so cute and perfect for afternoon tea. I'm glad you were able to change into something more comfortable for your time at Magic Kingdom.

Oops! Looks like I first posted my reply to your other thread on here instead! Edited it now to put that reply over where it belongs! 😆

Also wanted to mention how much I loved your Mrs. Potts dress!! It looks so sweet on you, and was especially appropriate for a meet with Belle, and for your tea!

Last edited:
More delays...ugh! Should be able to knock out this TR very shortly!

WOW! That's not a bad photo. I just made it my new profile pic on FB. :)
Haha - I'm glad it turned out well!
I don't remember that pastry at all! So pretty!
Because I stuck it in my mouth the second I took the photo!
I loved your tea dress, so cute on you!

I really enjoyed the tea, it was such a nice time visiting and drinking the delicious tea!!
Thanks - I did like the dress. I actually wore it to my sister's birthday dinner since it was at a France restaurant. My sister only rolled her eyes twice... a success!
See this could be why you didn't like CA Grill brunch and I would. Frushi is something that I would never consider. It is coated in coconut and both @pkondz and myself are completely adverse to this.
Ah, yeah - different strokes for different folks!
Did you like the DCA version as well?
Actually, no! I've tried it, but it's usually just mushy (they put too much of that greek yogurt in it) and most strawberries end up being squishy. This year I didn't end up eating any of the Food & Wine dishes because none of it interested me. (I may have liked a couple but not worth the upcharge.) I do usually like the Festival of the Holidays foods though!
Sounds like a fun bunch! And half of us will be back meeting up in just a few days!
I don't care for egg salad either, but I'm sure that I would care for many of the other options which is why I have not opted for tea before.
If we had more time, we should have tried to do DLH tea! I like it more than the one at the Grand because they theme it to every event (so Toy Story, or Halloween, or Christmas). And I felt the tea sandwiches were more "normal".
The tea sounds really nice. I would love to do it one day with my mom if I can ever coordinate that.
Yeah, definitely!
Love your flower and garden pictures, Epcot is so beautiful that time of year. Your dress is so cute and perfect for afternoon tea. I'm glad you were able to change into something more comfortable for your time at Magic Kingdom.
I do like that dress - very comfy and it has pockets, which I love that all the Disney Dresses include!
Also wanted to mention how much I loved your Mrs. Potts dress!! It looks so sweet on you, and was especially appropriate for a meet with Belle, and for your tea!
Thanks! Once I saw it, I had to buy it!

Very sorry for the insane delay! Just... life! I will finish this very soon!

Day 10, Part 2 - Closing out my time at Magic Kingdom!

Last time I left this TR, Caroline had headed back to the hotel and it was time for some solo park time at Magic Kingdom!

7leTuZL.jpg
yHfOQcF.jpg
eoDAls2.jpg

8TQODzp.gif

Baby duckies

BxMRbdG.jpg

Monsters Inc Laugh Floor – I actually grabbed a Fastpass for this, which was useful to skip the standby line. I may have had to wait another show without it! This is a favorite attraction of mine, but this afternoon it wasn’t really outstanding. It really depends on the people chosen to be on camera!

9AXp1OW.jpg
EfvXH5E.jpg

Then a spin on the Peoplemover. Where I proceeded to smash a bunch of love bugs who were trying to get it on in my car. Not today bugs – not today!

x8ZqPg6.jpg
RkzLKJC.jpg
T3Q4vuW.jpg

Then, over to Adventureland for a turn on Magic Carpets of Aladdin. This was probably the worse lovebug ride experience, with them just swarming everywhere. Sooo gross!

DEJeThW.jpg
NDLJacH.jpg
SaxDg6x.jpg

It was hot and humid, so what better time for a dole whip? I mobile ordered but it seemed there was an insane backup, so basically you mobile ordered, then got in a separate pick-up line and once you got to the front you gave your order number/name and they made it. So basically like a regular line, just you didn’t have to pay or decide what you were having there. I got the pineapple-vanilla swirl, since we don’t have that in Anaheim.

6AtAkfU.jpg

I think I found a table someone was holding for their family and the mom let me sit there until they showed up (I was done before then), so that was nice.

Now, it was time to meet up again with my roomies. We sort of all found ourselves in the Pecos Bill/Tortuga Tavern seating area, which was nice and quiet and cool.

Took a plunge on Splash Mountain

0PNeNcP.jpg
43fmTLA.jpg
5m9UKmh.jpg
96tbdXW.jpg

I don’t have photos, but I think we may have gone on Big Thunder next? Or that could have just been the first day together? Sorry – they all seemed to run together at points!

Then over to Fantasyland, where I FINALLY found my first Pascal!

2qTGtgL.jpg

And Pascal’s cousins

efEFHN2.jpg

I think we probably did 7DMT next, because Molly was still with us. Though Caroline decided to sit out that ride.

50ythbj.jpg
DNxvebr.jpg

I think Molly headed elsewhere, but it was time for Caroline and I to take a ride on Haunted Mansion, including the thoughtful ride photo. I don’t think the photo is necessary, but it certainly is funny to look at the results! I think BTMR really needs a ride photo though!

SE2kpGG.jpg
nNn7NGu.jpg
OH3j4D9.jpg
EGxCEp0.jpg

Dinner tonight was at Liberty Tree Tavern. Caroline and I wanted to take the opportunity together, since Caroline’s daughter, Andi, won’t eat there, and its AYCE, so uncomfortable to do as a solo diner!

g3elvOF.jpg

We were seated in the Washington room

FgX0qHt.jpg

Menu

WNqEKQT.jpg
uKekbce.jpg
iaj8b9z.jpg

And food

K1dZ64R.jpg
hZKv7gk.jpg
SOkDrfH.jpg
C1jvJg4.jpg

At first both of us were worried about the food as some of it (mac and cheese, meats) looked pretty dry as the server set it down. Thankfully we were wrong, as it was all delicious! The Turkey was great, especially once you put gravy on it. Pot Roast was tender. Mac and Cheese was sooo yummy – not too soupy cheesy, just the right amount and flavor I like. I probably ate ¾ of the bowl! The only thing we both didn’t like was the pork tenderloin – that was a bit dry and I wasn’t a fan of the spice rub on it. The desserts weren’t really my cup of tea, just because I’m not the biggest fan of those flavors, but honestly I don’t really need those if I can stuff myself with the savory foods!

At that point, I sort of considered what I wanted to do. Despite being tired, I knew I would regret it if I didn’t try to see Illuminations one last time. So, it was back to Epcot. Caroline and I didn’t have issues catching the monorail and no security line at the front! Though I will be very happy once they reconfigure the entrance so you don’t have to go thru security again.

FGShGCX.jpg

Nighttime topiary photos

vWpXTOl.jpg
nrcKZSj.jpg
80shSyL.jpg
f1MkCmi.jpg

I had been able to grab an Illuminations FP, so went ahead to that area (I don't remember where Caroline went, but I think she watched the fireworks from the Boardwalk bridge?). Simpler than trying to find another spot right before showtime.

w6qq75n.jpg

I was happy I got to see the show again. For me, though, I don’t get emotional during it. I just don’t have the nostalgia factor. I really like the beginning and end, but the center part with the globe just loses all momentum for me.

Headed out through the International Gateway and saw this in the UK pavilion (this was the day Prince Harry and Meghan Markle had their baby)

sCjFake.jpg

More night photos

FJjirtC.jpg
zP3biiJ.jpg

Back to the room, where I had to finish packing and collecting everything, as I was leaving the next day.

Coming up - saying goodbye!

I enjoyed our dinner! It was a fun evening hanging out with you!

I feel the same way about Illuminations, however, after the DestiNations tour and the meaning of the show now explained more in detail to me, oh my, very sentimental!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!