End of March/Start of May

Personally, I would choose the beginning of May, although both times are fairly good times to go. DW and I like to lounge around the pool, a couple of days or so, while we are there. Some of the hotels close their pools for the season. Depending on the weather usually depends on when they open them back up. I've gone in March and have seen them closed. Not all of them, but some of them.

Also, the nights can still get a little bit cool in March. Even though its the desert, it does get cold at night. DW and I also like to walk around at night. In May, the nights cool down enough to be comfortable and to walk around without a jacket/coat of any kind.

I'd agree to push it back to May. May would be much better weather wise. Not summer hot, not cold days. It's more likely a time to tan by the pool and wear short and t-shirts. It can get very windy and when it's cool it will feel cold, so bring a jacket to be prepared.

I think it depends on what you want to do. If you're walking around the strip and sight seeing, I would do March, only because it will be cooler out. With all the concrete out there, the strip gets hot, so although May is usually 85-90 degrees, it feels much warmer on the strip.

However, if you're looking to lounge by the pool in the day, I'd wait until May, just because that's when it will be warmer.

Also, keep in mind, most kids will have spring break Mar 25-29 (that's when we're out in Vegas.) So the pools will be open by then, but it may be busier at the pools because of people traveling with kids and because here in Vegas, locals can pay to access most of the pools on the strip, and tend to do so during spring and summer break :)

Thank you for your reply's. We will be traveling with our 2 adult children and they definitely will want pool time but also my 67 year old mother so I'm torn as to when to go. I guess we will have to put it up for vote and majority rules. There are 9 of us total going and it's hard to find a perfect time for everyone. No matter when we go fun and relaxation will be the goal!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter