"ENCHANTED TALES with ROB" - A Birthday/Christmas DISer Celebration! **NEW TR LINK**

Nice you went to DHS. I never had that cupcake but have had the peanut butter one.

LOL! The CM on TOT sounds great. The face of the one girl in the front is hysterical (not stone faced one).

I always find it amazing how a seatbelt holds you in when you drop.

Cute Yoda dolls.

Fantastic final thoughts. it is great all the Dismeets you had.

Wishing you a magical trip (I know your there now as I saw it on FB) and look forward to hearing about it.

I can't believe your TR is over :sad1: I also cannot fathom that you had never been to Starring Rolls before! Rob! HOW?!

Great job with the TR I had a blast reading along! Can't wait to read future TRs!

Caught up on the ending on my departure FOR Disney day and you are already back!! Makes reading the ending much better and not so sad!! :cool1: I know this trip was so great for you on so many levels and will be hard to beat but one thing I love about trips to WDW...each one is special in its own way and no need to try to duplicate a past trip because it never is the same! And thanks for sharing the Ontario trip!! Enjoyed every minute of your TR and ready to hear about the next one!!

Okay, finally caught upon Canadia's Wonderland and the wrap-up.

I haven't been to Canadia's Wonderland since sometime around 1983, give or take a year. My sister took me because she wouldn't go on rollercoasters, and her hubby wouldn't go on spinny-rides, so I got to go on everything. :laughing: I don't remember enough of what it looked like to even tell you if it's changed at all.

Wow, a coaster of 90mph? I didn't even know they did that!

I had to laugh at the picture of that jumping ride for little kids. I had to do that one, I think it was called "the frog hopper" at a local kiddee park near here. I had to accompany one of my kids, can't remember if it was James or Marlene at the time, as they had to have me go with them. Suffice it to say, I was the only one over 3 1/2 feet tall on the ride. :rotfl2: I was so embarrassed, couldn't wait for it to end.

Great wrap up Rob! :worship: I'm glad that it was such a great trip for you.

So sad your TR is over!! :worried:

It was a pleasure reading along with your TR's Rob, and I'm so glad I stumbled along this one to be the first of your's to follow along with!

Can't wait to hear about your upcoming trip, and I so hope that you do a TR for that one as well when you return!:wizard:

Once again Rob, your trip report brought tears to my eyes. I enjoyed this as much as your previous one. Thank you so much for sharing you trips with us, your perspective, and your words. Can't wait for the next one! Hope you have a great trip!:hmghost:

Rob I just want to say thank you so much for sharing you trip with us! It has truly been an honor to follow you along in your adventures and I am only sad that it's officially complete because that means it's over. I especially enjoyed your mini TR with your trip to the falls with Carrie and her family and so glad that you decided to share that with us also! I really hope that you are enjoying your trip right now to WDW and I hope hope hope that you will soon start a TR for this trip too, otherwise I will have Rob TR withdrawals!!! Please don't make me suffer like that lol :) Seriously though thank you so much and it has been a pleasure to get to know you here on the disboards and I hope that Disney friendship can continue on and we will be able to follow each other along on our Disney adventures.....and maybe, just maybe, one day our TR's will collide with a meet :thumbsup2

My DD and I have really enjoyed reading and viewing your trip reports! Please, keep them coming! My DH and I are surprising DD, Christmas morning, with a WDW Christmas Trip, so your report has been very inspirational to me! Thank you!:thumbsup2

My DD and I have really enjoyed reading and viewing your trip reports! Please, keep them coming! My DH and I are surprising DD, Christmas morning, with a WDW Christmas Trip, so your report has been very inspirational to me! Thank you!:thumbsup2

Hi Rob,

I'm just back from an amazing non-Disney trip to New York, Chicago and Las Vegas (we're from Scotland). I was definitely suffering from the post-holiday blues but the end of your TR definitely cheered me up!

You are so right in saying that it's spending time with special people that counts the most. My boyfriend and I got engaged whilst we were away so our trip was extra-special but your words reminded me that it's spending time together *anywhere* that matters. I went home from work last night after reading the end of your trip report (on my lunch, of course :rolleyes1 ) and totally appriciated just sitting watching television with him.

Thanks for sharing your experience with us and for putting so much time, effort and heart into your report. I hope you have a fantastic time in Disney and can't wait to hear all about your forthcoming adventures!

Rob-Sorry we missed you yesterday! That rain totally derailed our plans for the day! Can't wait to hear how the trip went!

Sad this TR is all over but so happy that you shared it with us all. Wonderful last day in the park and great wrap up.

Looks like things are going well on your current trip so I am hopeful that it will be TR worthy. Love reading your reports.

Thanks again for sharing this epic trip. :goodvibes

Roooooobbbbb!!!! This was so awesome!

I just have to say that reading your trip reports has made me realize how very considerate, kind, and just plain nice you are. You really seem to be one of the sweetest and thoughtful people I have come to 'know'.

It was so nice to see your mini-trip highlighted here too. Seeing/meeting Carrie's wonderful family was a joy, and I've never personally met them! Her girls are just lovely and it was a 'shock' to see how much Riley had changed and grown in just a matter of months. I have a 14 year old son, and I am seeing those growth spurts first hand. Both Riley and Hailey are really pretty girls and I'm sure they will be gorgeous young ladies (only too soon, it appears. sigh.) Also, in all of your pics at the Falls, every time I saw a pic with "Ripley's Believe it or Not", I kept reading it as "Riley's......" oy.

I am following along on your current trip, so I am looking forward to a new trip report from you.!!!!!

Disney. Gotta love it. (I know I do.)

Well done, my man. Well done. {Where is the little smiley with clappy hands? hmpf.}

Ah, I know I am coming in at the very end, but just had to say how much I loved this TR! I'm a bit of a lurker but have been following along and loving each installment. December is my favorite month and the holidays are my favorite time of year and Disney at that time just has this magic to it... which you completely captured! Your wrap-up is just like - yes, this is what Disney is all about - more than just amazing rides and shows and gorgeous theming...so hard to put into words but all about the people and the memories and happiness! And what a sweet ending. Thank you for sharing.

Hope you have an amazing trip! I'll actually be in the Magic Kingdom this Friday - I am a bit shy but if I see you I'll try to say hi :)

Can't wait to read the next one! Please let it come soon!!

The end, the beginning, it's all good. I'm just so delighted you posted now so I can say THANK YOU!!! I'm so appreciative of you for following along. December really is a wonderful time to be there and I certainly recommend everyone do it at least once.

Thank you for your kind words. Disney is a special place and I'm so glad I was able to capture a bit of that.

Thank you for the well wishes.

Thank you again!! This trip was very different and I wasn't sure Trip Report worthy (despite some wonderful meets), but on my last night I had that necessary defining moment, so hopefully I can start a new TR soon.

Just wanted to add my thanks for a great trip report. I don't post much, but had to tell you how much I enjoy all your trip reports. You truly capture the spirit of Disney in your writing. Can't wait to read the next one ! :)

Thank you SO MUCH!!!!! You have no idea how much statements like that mean to me.

Thank you for a fantastic trip report, Rob! I'll be looking forward to the next one!

Thank YOU Annie.

Hi Rob, just catching up after my trip! What a great end to your trip, I like how you decided to go to HS for a last hooray before you left!

The Tower of Terror girls... that is awesome! I swear the happiest people visit Disney!

I hope you have a good time on your trip, and I can't wait to hear about it!:cool1:

Thank you Megan. It's too bad our recent trips didn't cross. I did feel the need to ride a tower one last time.

OMG they were so fun too.

Thank you so much again!!! It was different, but with many great moments along the way.

Haligonian weighing in here! :wave2:

Love the trip report, Rob. I hope your anticipation for your upcoming (current?) trip got better as you got closer. Hard to top such an emotional and fun experience...but I'm sure that new memories are waiting (happening?). Look forward to the next report!

Awww YAY!!!!

Thank you SO MUCH!!! The anticipation did get better, but it was hard to top that last trip. But yes, there were some wonderful moments and thankfully some trip defining moments as well.

Nice you went to DHS. I never had that cupcake but have had the peanut butter one.

LOL! The CM on TOT sounds great. The face of the one girl in the front is hysterical (not stone faced one).

I always find it amazing how a seatbelt holds you in when you drop.

Cute Yoda dolls.

Fantastic final thoughts. it is great all the Dismeets you had.

Wishing you a magical trip (I know your there now as I saw it on FB) and look forward to hearing about it.

It just felt necessary seeing as I was so close. And that cupcake is GOOD!

She was awesome!! Perfect even. And the girl's ride photo was indeed hysterical.

Haha, you're so right!

Right?? Too cute.

Thank you Scott. I was so fortunate to have those DISmeets and thankfully more on the recent trip.

Thank you again!!!

I can't believe your TR is over :sad1: I also cannot fathom that you had never been to Starring Rolls before! Rob! HOW?!

Great job with the TR I had a blast reading along! Can't wait to read future TRs!

All over Grace. But RIGHT???? How is that even possible???? But I guess that just shows that there is ALWAYS something new to experience in Disney no matter how many times you go. That is a great thing.

Thank you SO MUCH Grace!! I'm so appreciative to have you here.

Caught up on the ending on my departure FOR Disney day and you are already back!! Makes reading the ending much better and not so sad!! :cool1: I know this trip was so great for you on so many levels and will be hard to beat but one thing I love about trips to WDW...each one is special in its own way and no need to try to duplicate a past trip because it never is the same! And thanks for sharing the Ontario trip!! Enjoyed every minute of your TR and ready to hear about the next one!!

Yep, at this point I was ready to head out to MK. This trip was so very special and one I will never ever forget. But you're right. The recent trip, while not on the same level, did have some wonderful memories and one on the final night that truly made it special. Thanks so much Tisa for being here. It's been a pleasure.

Okay, finally caught upon Canadia's Wonderland and the wrap-up.

I haven't been to Canadia's Wonderland since sometime around 1983, give or take a year. My sister took me because she wouldn't go on rollercoasters, and her hubby wouldn't go on spinny-rides, so I got to go on everything. :laughing: I don't remember enough of what it looked like to even tell you if it's changed at all.

Wow, a coaster of 90mph? I didn't even know they did that!

I had to laugh at the picture of that jumping ride for little kids. I had to do that one, I think it was called "the frog hopper" at a local kiddee park near here. I had to accompany one of my kids, can't remember if it was James or Marlene at the time, as they had to have me go with them. Suffice it to say, I was the only one over 3 1/2 feet tall on the ride. :rotfl2: I was so embarrassed, couldn't wait for it to end.

Great wrap up Rob! :worship: I'm glad that it was such a great trip for you.

Awesome Glenn. I've been waiting...

This being my first time I have no point of comparison, but I'm willing to bet it's changed a little.

I know!!!! The fastest I'd been on at that point was around 65. Oddly though, it didn't feel that fast. I wonder if they're lying.

I was thinking reading this that it must have been a while ago since they're decidedly taller than 3.5 feet now. Riley's not a fan of "thrill rides", but as you can see, even she was pretty bored. You're a good sport and a good dad Glenn!

Awww geez :blush: I remember way back on my first TR being so honoured that you would follow along, so this means such a great deal to me. Thank you!!

So sad your TR is over!! :worried:

It was a pleasure reading along with your TR's Rob, and I'm so glad I stumbled along this one to be the first of your's to follow along with!

Can't wait to hear about your upcoming trip, and I so hope that you do a TR for that one as well when you return!:wizard:

I'm kinda sad as well.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! I'm so glad you stumbled as well.

I was honestly considering not doing one this time, but I realized there were enough good and great moments to hopefully make it worth while. So hopefully in the next little while there will be.

Once again Rob, your trip report brought tears to my eyes. I enjoyed this as much as your previous one. Thank you so much for sharing you trips with us, your perspective, and your words. Can't wait for the next one! Hope you have a great trip!:hmghost:

Awww THANK YOU!!!! This trip really was easy to write about, it was just that special. The trip just completed, while not on quite the same level, did have some memorable moments that hopefully I can describe properly. The final night alone was worth it.

Hey Rob, let us know when you start your next trip report! Can't wait to read about your newest trip!

As long as this thread is still active, I will for sure post a link. And THANK YOU!

Rob I just want to say thank you so much for sharing you trip with us! It has truly been an honor to follow you along in your adventures and I am only sad that it's officially complete because that means it's over. I especially enjoyed your mini TR with your trip to the falls with Carrie and her family and so glad that you decided to share that with us also! I really hope that you are enjoying your trip right now to WDW and I hope hope hope that you will soon start a TR for this trip too, otherwise I will have Rob TR withdrawals!!! Please don't make me suffer like that lol :) Seriously though thank you so much and it has been a pleasure to get to know you here on the disboards and I hope that Disney friendship can continue on and we will be able to follow each other along on our Disney adventures.....and maybe, just maybe, one day our TR's will collide with a meet :thumbsup2

Thank YOU Jenn for being here. It's been a real pleasure getting to know you and your family by way of the DIS. "Rob TR withdrawals", you're too cute. I too hope we can one day have trips that cross over because it would be such a pleasure to meet you in person. Thank you for your kind words my friend.

Awww thank you!!! I love that you read together. That's so lovely. OMG a Disney Christmas surprise!!!! That is awesome!!!! THANK YOU for following along.

Hi Rob,

I'm just back from an amazing non-Disney trip to New York, Chicago and Las Vegas (we're from Scotland). I was definitely suffering from the post-holiday blues but the end of your TR definitely cheered me up!

You are so right in saying that it's spending time with special people that counts the most. My boyfriend and I got engaged whilst we were away so our trip was extra-special but your words reminded me that it's spending time together *anywhere* that matters. I went home from work last night after reading the end of your trip report (on my lunch, of course :rolleyes1 ) and totally appriciated just sitting watching television with him.

Thanks for sharing your experience with us and for putting so much time, effort and heart into your report. I hope you have a fantastic time in Disney and can't wait to hear all about your forthcoming adventures!

Helloooooo right back!!

Awww thank you!!! I hope your trip to those wonderful cities was a fun one... even if it's not Disney.

This was the trip that really put things into perspective for me and what a Disney vacation is truly about. OMG congratulations on your engagement! That is so wonderful!!! That is such a sweet story. Thank you for sharing. Love it!!

Aww gee THANK YOU SO MUCH for that. That means so much to me, it really does.

Rob-Sorry we missed you yesterday! That rain totally derailed our plans for the day! Can't wait to hear how the trip went!

Oh lord it was a rough day. That rain was never ending and almost completely ruined MNSSHP. I don't blame you for staying away. Thankfully it turned out ok in the end.

Were u down at boardwalk on Wednesday eating a cupcake?

Why yes I was indeed. A Boardwalk Bakery strawberry cupcake was recommended, so I had to stop and sample.

I'm guessing you were nearby. You should have stopped. I would have loved that!!!

Sad this TR is all over but so happy that you shared it with us all. Wonderful last day in the park and great wrap up.

Looks like things are going well on your current trip so I am hopeful that it will be TR worthy. Love reading your reports.

Thanks again for sharing this epic trip. :goodvibes

I'm a little sad finishing this one up as well. But the memory will always be with me.

Aww thanks. There were some periods where I just didn't feel I could make a whole TR out of it. But then there were some great moments too. It will likely be different and not as long, but hopefully I can pull out enough stories to make it work.

Thank YOU for reading!!!

Roooooobbbbb!!!! This was so awesome!

I just have to say that reading your trip reports has made me realize how very considerate, kind, and just plain nice you are. You really seem to be one of the sweetest and thoughtful people I have come to 'know'.

It was so nice to see your mini-trip highlighted here too. Seeing/meeting Carrie's wonderful family was a joy, and I've never personally met them! Her girls are just lovely and it was a 'shock' to see how much Riley had changed and grown in just a matter of months. I have a 14 year old son, and I am seeing those growth spurts first hand. Both Riley and Hailey are really pretty girls and I'm sure they will be gorgeous young ladies (only too soon, it appears. sigh.) Also, in all of your pics at the Falls, every time I saw a pic with "Ripley's Believe it or Not", I kept reading it as "Riley's......" oy.

I am following along on your current trip, so I am looking forward to a new trip report from you.!!!!!

Disney. Gotta love it. (I know I do.)

Well done, my man. Well done. {Where is the little smiley with clappy hands? hmpf.}

THANK YOU LINDA!!!

Oh wow, my goodness, how sweet of you to say that. Thank you! I`m truly touched. This just made my day.

Thank you. It still amazes me that I actually took a trip to visit people I met in Disney. They really are the most amazing kids. And on Riley growing up, tell me about it. But she's still and always will be my Disney Kid. They are all just wonderful and I'm blessed to have them in my life. Riley's Believe it Or Not! I like that!

I'm hopeful to start at least putting something together soon.

Oh me too!

Aww thank you again for following along.

Oh lord it was a rough day. That rain was never ending and almost completely ruined MNSSHP. I don't blame you for staying away. Thankfully it turned out ok in the end.
I feel sorry for you if you were at the Halloween party last Tuesday night. We have heard many tales about the torrential rain that day. :(
Why yes I was indeed. A Boardwalk Bakery strawberry cupcake was recommended, so I had to stop and sample.
We were at the Boardwalk Bakery on Wednesday afternoon, around 2:30 pm. I was looking for you in the Epcot area, hoping I'd catch sight of you. I hope you had a great time. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter