"ENCHANTED TALES with ROB" - A Birthday/Christmas DISer Celebration! **NEW TR LINK**

No Rob, Thank YOU! This has been the best trip report EVER. Sorry Jess, it passed the CP by just a hair. Like any great novel, I couldn't wait to read the next chapter, but dreaded reading the final page because that meant it's over. But in this case, I feel sure that I will see another trip report from my favorite DISer from Canadia. Thanks again & Best Wishes !

Thank you for sharing your fabulous trip with us! I really enjoyed reading about your adventures. Can't wait to hear all about your next trip!

I'm glad you went ahead and stopped at DHS before your flight! Sounds like it was a great TOT experience!

Always sad to see your trip reports come to an end! But it was a beautifully written last entry :) I'm glad you got to spend time with so many amazing people; I know you will always hold this trip near and dear to your heart. Thank YOU for sharing with us and spreading your Disney enthusiasm!! :goodvibes

Only TWO more days until you return. Though I know it may seem like nothing can top this last trip, I KNOW you will have a great time. MNSSHP!!! :yay::yay: I am certainly expecting a new TR from you soon :) Have a GREAT and FABULOUS time!! pixiedust:

First off Rob, it is definitely us who need to thank you for sharing this TR report - and sharing your experiences and your wit and most importantly your heart with us.

142j_b1e_udpu1.gif

Definitely no way you could just relax on your last day! Great morning in MGM and glad you got to Starring Rolls for the first time!

Funny ToT story - and her friends face in the ride photo is classic!

Wonderful summary of your trip and so happy for you that you got to experience all of that.

Lots of vacation destinations have amazing view and other theme parks have great rides ... but nothing has the feelings of Disney :goodvibes

And so many wonderful DISmeets - and really, meeting Carrie and Riley which is way more than a DISmeet.

There is a quote from the Bible that says "For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them" .... I like to think that when two or more Disney fans are together then Walt is in the midst of them.

.... and to think - you are only days away from your next trip! Wishing you all the best for that!

Wow, they have a lot of different animals at that zoo! Looks awesome. And I'm loving the picture of a the hippo standing - a rare sight indeed! Giraffes are my favorites too, although when I was at the Philadelphia Zoo I saw the giraffes there do something really gross. So I'm not a huge fan of those giraffes!

I do enjoy a good Chinese buffet once in awhile, and that looks like a nice one. Those milkshakes look delicious! And nice work on your mashed potato "fail" - way better than I would do!

I'm excited to hear about Canada's Wonderland. I just saw it's one of the Cedar Fair parks, and we've enjoyed all of the Cedar Fair properties we've been to. They're certainly no Disney, but they always seem to have good roller coasters, are kept pretty clean, and usually decent service/workers. Better than our Six Flags experience at least. I'm actually thinking about writing a series of posts for my blog about other theme parks, for when you can't always visit Disney World.

It is definitely a bummer about their fast pass equivalent though. Super expensive and not even all the rides are included?! Ugh. We never buy it because it would be crazy for two of us, but in your case it totally makes sense. I just pray that Disney never ever goes that route.

I've been on a couple of those standing coasters, and they are unique, but not really a favorite of mine either. The first time I did one a couple of years ago my legs were on pins and needles afterward! We did one a couple of weeks ago in Virginia and my legs were fine that time - maybe due to actually have leg muscles now that I've become a runner ;)

They had that same Backlot Stunt Coaster in Kings Dominion (where we just were a couple of weeks ago) and I also noticed the similarities to Rock n Roller Coaster. It was fun! I am glad that they theme their rides/areas and make it a theme park and not just an amusement park. I appreciate some good themeing! DH and someday want to buy the annual pass that gets you into all Cedar Fair parks and take a big road trip to hit up as many as possible. I imagine they share some similarities but we love roller coasters so I think it would be a fun thing to do!

What a lovely way to end your Disney trip. I've really enjoyed following along! And I would be sad that it's ending, but I know you have another trip coming up so I can look forward to another TR from you!

I finally made it back here only to find that the TR is over. :sad1: But then I saw that you are leaving for another trip in 2 days! :cool1: I do hope I will be able to follow along better on the next TR!

So I was somewhere around 40 (yes 40!) pages behind so I really can't comment on everything but here are a few random observations in no particular order.

I saw the Big Al mug when you posted it on Facebook and that same day I hopped on Ebay and got one for myself. So looking forward to meeting him in December so Disney better have him out for the Christmas Party this year!

I really enjoyed the Niagara Falls photos. The college I went to was only about 4 hours from there and we used to hop up for the weekend. I haven't been back since 1999 but it's amazing how much is the same!

If you really like A Cappella singing, check out the group Straight No Chaser (you may have already seen that in my TR where I've mentioned them at least a thousand times). I can't wait to see them in concert for the third time this December!

So cool that you had so many DIS meets on your trip! I'm sad that you are going next week and not when I will be there in October or December. Maybe someday our paths will cross! But until that time I'll be stalking your trips on Facebook. :rotfl: Have a wonderful, magical trip!

What a great trip! I always feel blessed every time I leave Disney.

So glad you made life long friends. It is definitely a wonderful thing.

It was and, while a sad time, I couldn't agree more.

And even more blessed this time leaving with such wonderful friendships. Thank yoo SO MUCH for reading.

Thank you Rob for bringing us along for the ride! I can see, hear and feel the Disney magic in your TRs and I look forward to hearing more soon!!! Safe travels and take care!!!

Thank YOU Jeremy for being on the ride. I truly appreciate that so very much!

Hey Rob!

This TR absolutely deserves my very first post on this board, since I'm reading here for months now.

Reading it I felt about every emotion possible, it is written in such an emotional and lovely way, I often had tears in my eyes.

I hope to experience such magical moments in WDW, too, as I'm planning a trip for autumn 2015.

Looking forward to reading more of you!

Greetings from Germany to Canadia ^^

Florian

Hello Florian!!!

Oh my goodness, I am so very honoured to be your first post. Welcome to DISboards!!!!

Awww THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!!! I appreciate that more than you'll ever know. That is so kind, thank you.

I hope you do too. The secret is to just keep your mind and heart open and you'll find magic in the most unexpected places. I'm actually hoping for an Autumn 2015 trip as well, probably October.

Thank you again... from Canadia to Germany!! :)

Thank you so much for the wonderful trip report Rob! I am so sad that its over! Thank goodness you have another trip soon :) I cant wait to read all about it. I feel that we have such similar "Disney" personalities.. I get so emotional over everthing while I am there too. Its such a special place. Want to hear something pretty neat? Even though I live down here in FL, all of our family on my mothers side lives in Nova Scotia! Some in Halifax and some in MIddleton. Small world huh?!

Believe me, it was my absolute pleasure. Thank YOU for following along. I love hearing that you get emotional there too. I understand people who don't I guess, but once you see the "real" Disney, that's when everything really opens up. OK, that is AWESOME cool. It really is a small world. And despite my phobia of the actual ride... I wouldn't have it any other way.

Thanks Rob for sharing your trip with us! I hope you have a wonderful trip!!!

Thank you Tina, it's been my pleasure.

No Rob, Thank YOU! This has been the best trip report EVER. Sorry Jess, it passed the CP by just a hair. Like any great novel, I couldn't wait to read the next chapter, but dreaded reading the final page because that meant it's over. But in this case, I feel sure that I will see another trip report from my favorite DISer from Canadia. Thanks again & Best Wishes !

Wow. I don't even know what to say. Thank you doesn't seem to be enough. This really made my day. There are times when it's hard to keep motivated to continue, and it's comments like that that make it so much easier. Thank you SO MUCH!!!

Thank you for sharing your fabulous trip with us! I really enjoyed reading about your adventures. Can't wait to hear all about your next trip!

Thank you so much!! This was a trip I really enjoyed writing about. Thank you for being here!!!

I'm glad you went ahead and stopped at DHS before your flight! Sounds like it was a great TOT experience!

Always sad to see your trip reports come to an end! But it was a beautifully written last entry :) I'm glad you got to spend time with so many amazing people; I know you will always hold this trip near and dear to your heart. Thank YOU for sharing with us and spreading your Disney enthusiasm!! :goodvibes

Only TWO more days until you return. Though I know it may seem like nothing can top this last trip, I KNOW you will have a great time. MNSSHP!!! :yay::yay: I am certainly expecting a new TR from you soon :) Have a GREAT and FABULOUS time!! pixiedust:

Thanks, it would have been so stupid not to take advantage of the later flight, even if just for a couple of hours.

Aww Thanks Alexis. It was such a memorable trip and I genuinely saw Disney in a completely different way this time. And that is a great thing. Even thought the trip and now TR are done, the memories live on.

It has come up so quickly. The only thing I'm really dreading is the heat. It's finally starting to cool a little at home, and I'm loving it. I am excited for MNSSHP if for no other reason than it will be my first dress up. Plus Mine Train and Harry Potter, so some new stuff too.

Thank you for the well wishes and most of all THANK YOU for following along and all the lovely comments along the way.

First off Rob, it is definitely us who need to thank you for sharing this TR report - and sharing your experiences and your wit and most importantly your heart with us.

142j_b1e_udpu1.gif

Definitely no way you could just relax on your last day! Great morning in MGM and glad you got to Starring Rolls for the first time!

Funny ToT story - and her friends face in the ride photo is classic!

Wonderful summary of your trip and so happy for you that you got to experience all of that.

Lots of vacation destinations have amazing view and other theme parks have great rides ... but nothing has the feelings of Disney :goodvibes

And so many wonderful DISmeets - and really, meeting Carrie and Riley which is way more than a DISmeet.

There is a quote from the Bible that says "For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them" .... I like to think that when two or more Disney fans are together then Walt is in the midst of them.

.... and to think - you are only days away from your next trip! Wishing you all the best for that!

Aww geez Phil... THANK YOU for this. I truly appreciate it. I didn't even notice at first that Mickey was personalized. That is awesome!!! I don't even know what to say.

Yeah, the stupidity only lasted briefly. And it worked out really well too. Starring Rolls plus ToT!

It was a great ride overall, and yup, her face is (intentionally) hysterical.

Thank you. It was quite tough to try and summarize everything without basically rewriting the entire report. It worked I think.

That's it exactly. No doubt others can equal Disney for technology or even pure fun. But I haven't found anywhere yet that makes me feel like I do within the Disney gates.

It was a pretty good haul for my firsts. Yeah, they were definitely special.

Ooooh, I really like that, very beautiful. I always like to think Walt is always present.

Thank you Phil. For your lovely comments and your well wishes. I appreciate it all so very much!!

Wow, they have a lot of different animals at that zoo! Looks awesome. And I'm loving the picture of a the hippo standing - a rare sight indeed! Giraffes are my favorites too, although when I was at the Philadelphia Zoo I saw the giraffes there do something really gross. So I'm not a huge fan of those giraffes!

I do enjoy a good Chinese buffet once in awhile, and that looks like a nice one. Those milkshakes look delicious! And nice work on your mashed potato "fail" - way better than I would do!

I'm excited to hear about Canada's Wonderland. I just saw it's one of the Cedar Fair parks, and we've enjoyed all of the Cedar Fair properties we've been to. They're certainly no Disney, but they always seem to have good roller coasters, are kept pretty clean, and usually decent service/workers. Better than our Six Flags experience at least. I'm actually thinking about writing a series of posts for my blog about other theme parks, for when you can't always visit Disney World.

It is definitely a bummer about their fast pass equivalent though. Super expensive and not even all the rides are included?! Ugh. We never buy it because it would be crazy for two of us, but in your case it totally makes sense. I just pray that Disney never ever goes that route.

I've been on a couple of those standing coasters, and they are unique, but not really a favorite of mine either. The first time I did one a couple of years ago my legs were on pins and needles afterward! We did one a couple of weeks ago in Virginia and my legs were fine that time - maybe due to actually have leg muscles now that I've become a runner ;)

They had that same Backlot Stunt Coaster in Kings Dominion (where we just were a couple of weeks ago) and I also noticed the similarities to Rock n Roller Coaster. It was fun! I am glad that they theme their rides/areas and make it a theme park and not just an amusement park. I appreciate some good themeing! DH and someday want to buy the annual pass that gets you into all Cedar Fair parks and take a big road trip to hit up as many as possible. I imagine they share some similarities but we love roller coasters so I think it would be a fun thing to do!

What a lovely way to end your Disney trip. I've really enjoyed following along! And I would be sad that it's ending, but I know you have another trip coming up so I can look forward to another TR from you!

It wasn't too darn bad. The standing hippo was a HUGE highlight for sure. Much better than the normal sleeping hippo. I love giraffes. HAHAHA, yeah, I think if I saw gross I'd like those giraffes a bit less too.

It was really good since they had loads of options, not just Chinese. Just make sure to have an appetite. Those Milkshakes were awesome. Haha, it was such a fluke, but I would have felt awful if I had dumped potatoes on Riley. It took skills.

Yup, it is indeed a Cedar Fair park. It was originally owned by Paramount way back when. It's true it's no Disney, but they never claim to be either I guess. What they do they do well I think. Lots and lots of rides... and a fairly clean and safe park. No complaints from me.

It seems to be the thing now. For just double the admission price, you can actually get to ride some of the rides. But yeah, in my case I was glad it existed because I would have either missed most rides, or would have missed spending time with the crew. Neither would be good. At this point I'd honestly be surprised to see Disney go that route. On the other hand, I wouldn't really be surprised if they did either.

Yeah I agree. It looks pretty cool, but I didn't really find it all that fun. It didn't bother me or anything, but just nothing special. I would imagine leg muscles adding to one's enjoyment though.

I really liked this one, my second favourite of the day. You're right, they do a pretty good job of theming overall with various lands and whatnot. They have amazing AP prices too. That would be a blast travelling around comparing and contrasting the various things. I love that idea.

Thanks Becky and THANK YOU SO MUCH for following along. This trip was such a blessing and I'm so honoured that so many enjoyed it. I head back in just a couple of days and I'm just hoping for even a fraction of the beauty of this past trip. That alone would be enough.

I finally made it back here only to find that the TR is over. :sad1: But then I saw that you are leaving for another trip in 2 days! :cool1: I do hope I will be able to follow along better on the next TR!

So I was somewhere around 40 (yes 40!) pages behind so I really can't comment on everything but here are a few random observations in no particular order.

I saw the Big Al mug when you posted it on Facebook and that same day I hopped on Ebay and got one for myself. So looking forward to meeting him in December so Disney better have him out for the Christmas Party this year!

I really enjoyed the Niagara Falls photos. The college I went to was only about 4 hours from there and we used to hop up for the weekend. I haven't been back since 1999 but it's amazing how much is the same!

If you really like A Cappella singing, check out the group Straight No Chaser (you may have already seen that in my TR where I've mentioned them at least a thousand times). I can't wait to see them in concert for the third time this December!

So cool that you had so many DIS meets on your trip! I'm sad that you are going next week and not when I will be there in October or December. Maybe someday our paths will cross! But until that time I'll be stalking your trips on Facebook. :rotfl: Have a wonderful, magical trip!

Haha, well it had to end some time, lol. And you have been a busy bee.

Hey, I'm just impressed you stuck with it. Honestly, I probably would have given up.

OK, that is awesome!!! Like seriously awesome. I hope they get him back out too. They keep changing so much that you just can't seem to plan ahead.

Thanks Arianna. It really is beautiful and so spectacular.

Oh I do love great A Capella singing. I can't wait to see the Voices later this very week.

I know, it was amazing to look back at them all at the same time. I know, part of me wishes I had held out for December but I was just dying for Halloween again. Oh course in regards to December... never say never.

Thank you so much for sharing your trip with us! Your love for Disney and the sheer joy being there gives you is contagious, and makes trip reports like yours so much fun to read. When I first started reading along I had just changed my trip dates from Halloween to the first week of November and was kind of bummed. After a few of your updates I realized how much fun it's going to be in Disney for some of the holiday stuff and I'm so excited, so thank you for that too! So glad you had such an incredible trip.

I loved reading about your mini trip--I've never been to Canada (or Canadia either, for that matter!), so it was really cool to see all that! And how awesome that you made such good friends with someone off of a meeting like that! It says a lot about the type of person you must be. I hope to read another trip report by you in the future, because I thoroughly enjoyed this one! Have a blast on your upcoming trip (I guess in 2 days!) and safe travels!

I made myself take a DIS hiatus while I was getting back into "school mode," and I missed the ending!!!

Yeah, if you have an AP burning a hole in your pocket and that much time to spare, you've gotta hit a park!

UGHHHH I'M SO GLAD YOU LIKED THE CUPCAKE!!! It is so perfect. I missed it on my last trip in favor of an Anna cupcake but rest assured I will be back again to enjoy the red velvet.

What an awesome wrap up to one of the best TRs of all time. THANK YOU for taking the time to share these stories with us!!! Your writing and humor are unparalleled and as I've said many times over inspire me to write my own TRs. I hope your trip back to the World is absolutely magical and I can't wait to hear all about it!

You did it! You were able to stretch out your TR for us so we will not have to go too long before you start your next one! Each trip is unique, and while the one you have coming up may not be exactly the same, I know you will find new magical moments! Thank you so much for taking the time to do these reports. I literally laugh out loud! When I did the Safari at AK this week, and the CM said "There is a Cheetah next to 'that tree'" I was really hoping for Chester.

Safe travels from Canadia to Florida!

I... just. ((HUGS))

Your ending just about made me cry. Thanks for sharing your wonderful trip with us. :goodvibes

Thank you so much for sharing your trip with us! Your love for Disney and the sheer joy being there gives you is contagious, and makes trip reports like yours so much fun to read. When I first started reading along I had just changed my trip dates from Halloween to the first week of November and was kind of bummed. After a few of your updates I realized how much fun it's going to be in Disney for some of the holiday stuff and I'm so excited, so thank you for that too! So glad you had such an incredible trip.

I loved reading about your mini trip--I've never been to Canada (or Canadia either, for that matter!), so it was really cool to see all that! And how awesome that you made such good friends with someone off of a meeting like that! It says a lot about the type of person you must be. I hope to read another trip report by you in the future, because I thoroughly enjoyed this one! Have a blast on your upcoming trip (I guess in 2 days!) and safe travels!

Awww THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! I'm so glad you enjoyed it and I really really appreciate your lovely words. Oh my goodness, YES, you will love Disney at Christmas. Nobody does it better. I love Halloween there as well, but they really go all out for Christmas and it is just beautiful. Have no fear, you'll love it.

Thank you. I really enjoyed Niagara Falls and Canada's Wonderland, but it was the special friends that made it wonderful. It does seem so strange that a year ago, I didn't even know them, and just a few months later was actually travelling just to visit. It's kind of surreal. Thank you again for all your lovely words; it means a great deal to me. Hopefully soon I can start making some new memories that will bring new stories to share.

I made myself take a DIS hiatus while I was getting back into "school mode," and I missed the ending!!!

Yeah, if you have an AP burning a hole in your pocket and that much time to spare, you've gotta hit a park!

UGHHHH I'M SO GLAD YOU LIKED THE CUPCAKE!!! It is so perfect. I missed it on my last trip in favor of an Anna cupcake but rest assured I will be back again to enjoy the red velvet.

What an awesome wrap up to one of the best TRs of all time. THANK YOU for taking the time to share these stories with us!!! Your writing and humor are unparalleled and as I've said many times over inspire me to write my own TRs. I hope your trip back to the World is absolutely magical and I can't wait to hear all about it!

Sometimes a break is necessary Courtney, especially this time of year when it's so busy.

Oh yeah, absolutely. I don't even know why I even considered not going. Stupid.

OMG it was SO GOOD!!!! I totally understand all the stories now. And well, sometimes you have to try something new, and anything "Frozen" has to be tried.

Oh Courtney, you are way too sweet. THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!!!!! It's people like you that keeps me motivated to keep writing, believe me. I'm so glad you first posted all that time ago as you are genuinely one of my fav DISers. Thank you!!!

You did it! You were able to stretch out your TR for us so we will not have to go too long before you start your next one! Each trip is unique, and while the one you have coming up may not be exactly the same, I know you will find new magical moments! Thank you so much for taking the time to do these reports. I literally laugh out loud! When I did the Safari at AK this week, and the CM said "There is a Cheetah next to 'that tree'" I was really hoping for Chester.

Safe travels from Canadia to Florida!

Haha, almost like it was planned that way, lol. I really so hope so Elena. At this point, I just want to get the travel part over with. Then maybe once I'm there, things will be better. Aww thanks, I'm so glad you're here following along. OMG, did the CM really say that??? Who knew it was a script, lol?

Thank you!!!

I... just. ((HUGS))

Your ending just about made me cry. Thanks for sharing your wonderful trip with us. :goodvibes

Aww thank you Dani.

I guess in truth I was kinda going for that. ;) Thank you so much for following along.

Ah, I know I am coming in at the very end, but just had to say how much I loved this TR! I'm a bit of a lurker but have been following along and loving each installment. December is my favorite month and the holidays are my favorite time of year and Disney at that time just has this magic to it... which you completely captured! Your wrap-up is just like - yes, this is what Disney is all about - more than just amazing rides and shows and gorgeous theming...so hard to put into words but all about the people and the memories and happiness! And what a sweet ending. Thank you for sharing.

Hope you have an amazing trip! I'll actually be in the Magic Kingdom this Friday - I am a bit shy but if I see you I'll try to say hi :)

Can't wait to read the next one! Please let it come soon!!

Just wanted to add my thanks for a great trip report. I don't post much, but had to tell you how much I enjoy all your trip reports. You truly capture the spirit of Disney in your writing. Can't wait to read the next one ! :)

Hi Rob, just catching up after my trip! What a great end to your trip, I like how you decided to go to HS for a last hooray before you left!

The Tower of Terror girls... that is awesome! I swear the happiest people visit Disney!

I hope you have a good time on your trip, and I can't wait to hear about it!:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter