Embassy Suites Anaheim South Review W/Pics

Thank you so much for this review !! Sounds like a wonderful place, but does sound like more money now for car and for internet. I hate to pay for this extra's. the rooms look nice, as do the grounds thank you for sharing with us :).

Thank you so much for the review and great pictures. My family of four will be staying here Dec 19-26 !! And I can not wait.

I believe the parking was just added in March because when she said parking was $6, I pointed to our reservation paper that said parking $0. I knew to make sure to bring this because I remember someone posting here about Garden Grove charging a parking fee now. She said since we reserved before March, they would comp us the fee.

The parking in the front of the building was crowded but there was always room on the side and behind the building.

That was me who posted after our stay at the Hilton Garden Inn in March. What a shame. This triplex of Hilton hotels are quite the gems.

Love your pictures! Your breakfast looked exactly like our breakfasts at the HGI. We received a complimentary hot breakfast there too with our bed & breakfast rate.

Well, thanks for the heads up about that. I knew to watch for that because of what you said. Yes, that's a nice place. Easy drive to and from the parks. I think our next trip we will try Candy Cane Inn. I'd like to try a walking distance park since we've never done that. We've also stayed at Holiday Inn Express in Garden Grove and that was nice too. I like to try out different places. :)

Thanks for the review and pics! I'm thinking about staying here w/my Dad in December. I like that all the rooms are suites, so you can have separate space if necessary. My Dad doesn't sleep much, and his laptop sometimes keeps me up at night..so it would be nice if he could go somewhere else to use it at night.

Isn't there a private shuttle for this hotel now? I thought they provide one.

Isn't there a private shuttle for this hotel now? I thought they provide one.

When we stayed there a couple years back, we had to take ART to get to the parks. There was an ART stop right outside the hotel. Very convenient!

We loved staying there and would happily stay there again if we weren't trying out the DL Hotel this time around.

There was no shuttle when we went. The ART bus was right out front. We never took that because we liked to drive ourselves and not have to worry about busses.

I loved having two rooms. When I woke up early with one of my bad headaches I was able to go out to the living room and watch tv without waking up DH. That sofa is also a hide away bed, so it is also like two bedroom.

If you don't mind being about a mile from the park, it is a great deal for a very nice place.

There was no shuttle when we went. The ART bus was right out front. We never took that because we liked to drive ourselves and not have to worry about busses.

I loved having two rooms. When I woke up early with one of my bad headaches I was able to go out to the living room and watch tv without waking up DH. That sofa is also a hide away bed, so it is also like two bedroom.

If you don't mind being about a mile from the park, it is a great deal for a very nice place.

You know what, it's probably the Embassy Suites North that has their own shuttle. I am just getting so confused, trying to keep track of all the different hotels in the area! Some have private shuttles, some don't, etc. Thanks for your responses re:ART.

You know what, it's probably the Embassy Suites North that has their own shuttle. I am just getting so confused, trying to keep track of all the different hotels in the area! Some have private shuttles, some don't, etc. Thanks for your responses re:ART.

We also love Embassy Suites South. It gives us lots of room and my 16 year old DS and DH love the breakfast! We've stayed there about 3 times now. We usually drive, so shuttles are not an issue. (we get the AAA parkhoppers so parking at DL is free). They use the ART though. I've read elsewhere on this board that Embassy Suites North (an older property) has their own shuttle.

I'm really sorry to hear that they're charging for parking now though:sad2:. That may be a deal breaker for us. It just irritates me. I'm tempted to stay on property next time anyway with all the deals they're offering. I'd be willing to pay the resort fee to be in a Disney hotel:cloud9:.

We also love Embassy Suites South. It gives us lots of room and my 16 year old DS and DH love the breakfast! We've stayed there about 3 times now. We usually drive, so shuttles are not an issue. (we get the AAA parkhoppers so parking at DL is free). They use the ART though. I've read elsewhere on this board that Embassy Suites North (an older property) has their own shuttle.

Do you usually find that it takes longer or shorter to drive and deal with parking, etc, than walking? I have a Premium AP which includes parking, but it always seems to take so darn long to deal with parking, the tram, etc. That's why I prefer to be walking-distance (and it seems the Embassy Suites South isn't walking distance). I just wish they were closer to the park!

I haven't stayed walking distance before because it seems like all the nicer hotels are further away. I'm going to try it next time though. Anyway, we have never found parking/tram to be too long. Even when we went on crowded days we never waited for more than one tram, and usually we were able to get on the next available one. We only had to wait longer once or twice out of several trips. We do get to the parks early and were able to go in the Pinocchio entrance instead of through the parking garage. I'm sure walking is quicker, but for our anniversary we wanted to stay somewhere very nice. I wouldn't let parking stop you from trying out a new hotel. :)

Although, I refuse to take the bus. Did that too many times when I was younger and never liked it. That was before ART, but I just didn't like trying to catch the shuttle with a zillion others also trying to get back. There was no line, and people just squished in. Never again! :eek:

About parking in Garden Grove- I had thought that it was the city that imposed it, not the hotel. But not sure.

Do you usually find that it takes longer or shorter to drive and deal with parking, etc, than walking? I have a Premium AP which includes parking, but it always seems to take so darn long to deal with parking, the tram, etc. That's why I prefer to be walking-distance (and it seems the Embassy Suites South isn't walking distance). I just wish they were closer to the park!
You're right that the parking thing can be a hassle. I've heard it's even more so now with the changes going on. That's why we're looking at onsite next time. In the past, we just preferred hotels to the motel like properties that are closest to the park, and found that the nicest ones with the most reasonable rates were down in Garden Grove.

Thanks to all that have posted on this thread. I am SOOO glad I read this. I just booked our first trip to DL and for budget reasons needed to go off site. Picked Embassy Suites for the room size and the breakfast. I think we will be just fine now that I read all the posts. Thanks again. CAN'T WAIT!!!!!

Thanks to all that have posted on this thread. I am SOOO glad I read this. I just booked our first trip to DL and for budget reasons needed to go off site. Picked Embassy Suites for the room size and the breakfast. I think we will be just fine now that I read all the posts. Thanks again. CAN'T WAIT!!!!!

Another great choice very similar to Embassy is Homewood Suites - Also a Hilton property, beds are a little bigger (queen vs double) and plenty of room.

Breakfast is just as good with one exception that they don't have made-to-order omlets. I also loved the free internet. I don't think you can go wrong with either property to be honest.

Glad this helped. Let us know what you thought when you get back. When you compare all you get at Embassy with what you get at a resort hotel, Embassy is a good deal. Now if only I could pick up the hotel and move it closer and it would be nearly perfect. ;)

i booked the embassy south for our 1st trip to DLR for june this year looks brilliant thanks for the review

We stayed at the Embassy Suites South last summer (May/June 2010) and LOVED it! When we were going to Disney, we actually stayed at the Fairfield (I may have to do a review on that too) just because we wanted to be within walking distance of the parks. The Embassy was exactly what we needed after being "cooped up" in smaller one room hotel rooms! We opted to have the King bed in the bedroom, loved that we could close the door! The kids (teens) slept on the pull out sofa, and had their own tv. The bathroom was very roomy, especially compared to the Fairfields. The full breakfast was wonderful, with choices galore! We took advantage of the manager's reception too, with the free drinks and snacks. Another plus was a delicious restaurant called Buca De Beppo's that was right in front of the hotel! It was nice to be able to walk over and back after eating a hearty meal! We loved it so much, we ate there twice. If someone would tell me how to post pictures here, I will find ours and post them. Thanks! ;)

I've never eaten at Buca de Beppo but saw it there and wondered what it was.

To post pics you need to get a photo hosting account somewhere. I use photobucket. You can always use the preview feature when you post to see how they turned out in your post.

Thanks PinkBudgie! We loved that restaurant, it was so festive & fun, and the food was delicious! It's served "family style" where the food is brought out in bowls and everyone shares. I loved it! Ok, I found out that I have a Photobucket account, so I'll post some pics after I upload them later!
Kelly

Great, now I have another restaurant to try next trip. :rotfl: I was told we had to take our boys to Bubba Gumps next time. I think they have one around there.

Looking forward to seeing your pictures. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter