Email from Disney Destinations

denecarter

OKW 2003
Haven’t seen anyone else mention this… I got an email on Friday from Disney Destinations titled “Important information about your upcoming visit to Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa, Ko Olina”.

Here’s the relevant part:
“We wanted to make you aware that during your stay at Aulani Resort we will also be welcoming a national television production. This television production will utilize a portion of Ko Olina beach at Aulani Resort from February 9 –16, 2022 for filming. Aulani beach activities and amenities will be provided along the rest of the beach.

During the dates listed above, it is possible that you may see or hear production taking place. We appreciate your patience and understanding, and hope you will enjoy being at Aulani Resort during this exciting time.”

The last time one of our Disney trips coincided with any filming was when Hannah Montana was filming at Typhoon Lagoon… and we said “who?”

I recall they filmed American Idol at Aulani a few years ago. Eight days is a long time. I hope it’s not disruptive to your trip.

Thanks! Shouldn’t be a problem, though. We’re there 2/5-2/13 and no littles or young ones this trip. It will be me (57) and my parents (77 & 78). First trip to Hawaii for all of us. 🥰

There have been times where Hawaii Five-O filmed in the Ko Olina bays. I have also started watching Doogie Kamealoha, M.D. and in the first couple episodes there have been a couple scenes in the Ko Olina bays.

Could be any number of shows filming.

We were there Feb 2020 and it was American Idol filming while we were there. We must have arrived on their last days because I recall seeing the stage on the beach but it was gone the next day. Thankfully, it did not disrupt our trip but again they must have been leaving as we were arriving.

We were at Aulani in 2014 while they were filming a Disney show - Jessi's Hawaiian (something) that closed part of the beach access for an evening? There was also a radio station broadcasting from there for three days. That was more disruptive because the area near the snorkel pool was blocked off.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!