Eleventh Circuit panel stays lower court’s decision to block CDC cruise-ship regulations

Back to square one, but the cruise lines knew it. Changed much their plans didn't - in the words of Master Yoda.

Now, NCL is suing Florida, so the law prohibiting cruise lines from requiring vaccination proofs should also be a goner soon.

The 11th Circuit just vacated its grant of a stay pending appeal, so I think that means that the CSO is back to non-binding guidance rather than regulation.
Thanks for keeping us up to date.

Holy Cow!! This would be huge news if it weren't for DCL's protocol announcement this morning! It's kind of like doing something bad and fearing that you'll get in the news and something much worse happens and you're relegated to page 6A. 😂

I am confused on why that have to go to the supreme court if the stay of the injunction was vacated.

Maybe they don’t want the 11th circuit to change their mind? No idea, really!

I am confused on why that have to go to the supreme court if the stay of the injunction was vacated.
Florida petitioned the Supreme Court before the 11th Circuit vacated its own ruling, so my guess is that it's just weird timing and that the request is moot because they only asked the Supreme Court to review that single decision. (As far as I can tell at least--I'm no expert.)

Why would they? I doubt they would do anything different without the CSO in place.

It just seems like if they *wanted* to sail under the CSO restrictions...they would have announced their protocols much sooner.

Plus, I don't want to have to wear a mask - haha - so it's mostly wishful thinking :)

This ruling changes nothing for cruise lines for at least the next few months. I guess the only change is that they don't have to do a test cruise, however I expect them to run tests with all of their ships

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!