Elevator access for those in wheelchairs

sueernieb

Earning My Ears
The high ramps at Magic Kingdom and Epcot monorail stations would be very hard for my husband to push me up or down them. I have seen elevators at Epcot, Magic Kingdom and Contemporary. Has anyone had experience using them and are there any others. I know busses are available but I would like a choice. Thanks. Sue

I have only seen them at EPCOT not MK but I could be wrong you can always ask a CM if there are elevators

The high ramps at Magic Kingdom and Epcot monorail stations would be very hard for my husband to push me up or down them. I have seen elevators at Epcot, Magic Kingdom and Contemporary. Has anyone had experience using them and are there any others. I know busses are available but I would like a choice. Thanks. Sue

I am someone that uses a mobility scooter, so, your experience may vary. I have observed that the elevator at the Contemporary is oddly placed. When going up to the monorail platform, it dumps you in a place that could have you bumping into people. I encourage you to be very careful on that trip up. The trip down via the elevator isn't a big deal. The elevator at the monorail platform at Epcot has always worked fine for me. I don't recall there being a monorail elevator at the MK. I have always just gone up and down the ramps. I will say that it's not a long walk back to the Contemporary from the MK. It can actually be a shorter trip during busy periods than taking the monorail. It's relatively flat the entire way.

I hope that helps. :-)

The resorts that are on the monorail do all have elevator access to the monorail loading areas.
I agree with DJ! about the elevator at the Contemporary.
The 'awkwardness' of it is because the elevator was added later. When Contrmporary was built, the monorail was not accessible. The elevator was added later and the sort of strange way it's set up is because they had to fit it into the space avaiable.

For readers who may be wondering about elevators:
Monorail stations at Ticket and Transportation Center and MK do not have elevators.
Monorail Station at Epcot has a small elevator to get up to the station. Going down, you use the ramps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter