ELEVATE! Is that a whale out there? A three-generation cruise to Alaska!UPDATE 8/29

6. A Little Exploring and Getting Settled In - Part 2

We all traveled by elevator up to Deck 7 to find our rooms. We immediately met our stateroom host, Clive, who was just lovely. He asked DD whether she wanted the lower bed or the bunk - she wasn’t sure, so he said he would make up both so that she could decide later. :lovestruc

Our rooms were so nice. There was plenty of room, and we couldn’t believe the amount of storage. I could have brought even more stuff! :rotfl2:

We did not have our checked bags yet, so we couldn’t really unpack. DD and I sneaked into the hall to put our magnets up. We were surprising The Judies with the magnets.
c9793010.jpg

67c8800b.jpg

086c378b.jpg

1e642c91.jpg

After that, The Judies rested in their stateroom, and DD and I explored our stateroom and watched a little TV. I took this opportunity to take some pictures for all of you.

I ordered this little surprise for everyone, and it was waiting for us when we arrived.
55090477.jpg

This couch is by the windows and glass door to the verandah.
70fa575e.jpg

Right across from the couch is this:
dd3f3757.jpg

There was tons of storage in that unit - all the drawers under the mirror and a big cabinet above the TV. The cooler (not a refrigerator) is right below the TV.

The lamps on either side of the mirror looked like this:
40b820f4.jpg

There was a nice thick curtain that separated the bed from the couch (and kid bed) area at night:
22766d64.jpg

Obviously, the bed (sorry about our junk):
29a04433.jpg

One of the lamps that sat on the tables next to the bed:
f4c47e55.jpg

This is right at the foot of the bed and is even more storage!
906313c1.jpg

And open:
1353f050.jpg

Just down the wall from the “locker” was the door to The Judies’ adjoining stateroom and then this chest of drawers (more storage!) and the closet next to that (even more storage!):
5d46052c.jpg

Inside one small portion of the closet - that is the ladder for the bunk bed:
06a52ce9.jpg

The bathroom is right across from the closet (on our left as we entered the stateroom from the hall). Here is the “potty” bathroom:
53f6d1dd.jpg

And here is the “bath” bathroom:
7ef14f2e.jpg

There was even some storage in the bathrooms, but I was still glad that I had brought my over-the-door shoe organizer thing to keep all of our products in - it was so nice to have everything stored so easily.

The view from our verandah:
426b38b8.jpg

Some of the art in our room:
b28251b1.jpg

DD’s thoughts on our stateroom: “It was great. I liked the couch and the TV and the table and your bed, Mommy.”

By this point, I had pretty much exhausted my picture-taking opportunities, so I thought I would just check outside and see if, by chance, our luggage had arrived. And it had!

Up next: 7. Sail Away!!!​

I am LOVING the pictures of the Wonder!!

The kids club is sooo cute! I especially love the pirate ship. Reid would have a field day on that thing!

And Yay! for getting into your stateroom! The magnets came out super-cute! I'm definitely going to have ask you for some pointers before our cruise in May. Didn't you just love how the seating area was close to the verandah? I have to say that I was honestly surprised by how spacious (for a cruise ship & all) that their staterooms are & how much storage there is. But, let me ask you this: Are you able to put suitcases under the bed on the Wonder? I'm just curious because that's where we kept ours on the Dream.

Looks like y'all are off to a fabulous start!

I am LOVING the pictures of the Wonder!!

The kids club is sooo cute! I especially love the pirate ship. Reid would have a field day on that thing!

And Yay! for getting into your stateroom! The magnets came out super-cute! I'm definitely going to have ask you for some pointers before our cruise in May. Didn't you just love how the seating area was close to the verandah? I have to say that I was honestly surprised by how spacious (for a cruise ship & all) that their staterooms are & how much storage there is. But, let me ask you this: Are you able to put suitcases under the bed on the Wonder? I'm just curious because that's where we kept ours on the Dream.

Looks like y'all are off to a fabulous start!
So was the kids club on the Dream totally different????? I would love to hear about it!

The magnets were very easy to make - if they weren't, I wouldn't have done it! :rotfl2: I was blown away by how much room we had; I had never cruised before, but my mom has done a Royal Caribbean to Alaska years ago, and she said that the DCL staterooms were WAY bigger.

As for the suitcases, that was one of my biggest pre-cruise fears. And probably the only cliff-hanger that this report has going for it, so you will just have to wait. :rolleyes1 :rotfl2:

So was the kids club on the Dream totally different????? I would love to hear about it!

Yeah, completely different! If you look at the very bottom of my signature, you will see a link to my TR from last year. If you go to it & hop to page 8, that starts my pics of the Dream. On page 9 is pics of the Oceaneer Club on the Dream.

The magnets were very easy to make - if they weren't, I wouldn't have done it! :rotfl2: I was blown away by how much room we had; I had never cruised before, but my mom has done a Royal Caribbean to Alaska years ago, and she said that the DCL staterooms were WAY bigger.

I have to say that even with 3 of us in a stateroom, we didn't feel overly crowded or on top of each other. Sometimes, I'd have to move stuff around but it was (overall) very spacious. I have looked at Royal Caribbean ships online & I think the Disney rooms are bigger & I love the 2 bathrooms in the Disney staterooms.

As for the suitcases, that was one of my biggest pre-cruise fears. And probably the only cliff-hanger that this report has going for it, so you will just have to wait. :rolleyes1 :rotfl2:

Intriguing! On the Dream, we could place our suitcases under the bed. And our big suitcase is BIG! I'm glad the Fantasy is the same way because it was so nice to put them there out of the way.

So great to have another Alaska TR to read! Willow is adorable and I love the picture of her with the Ariel statue. I'll be copying that pose as well!

We're off to Alaska in September, so I'm so happy there's another report to read! I noticed your room numbers - we're in 7604, right next door. Did you guys like the rooms? Was noise a problem? I noticed they're right by the aft elevators.

Keep the pictures coming, they're great! :cool1:

So much to comment on!

I'm glad you all enjoyed your lunch. I love that the CMs got your bags for you. It's the little things that sets Disney customer service apart.

I love the pic with Ariel! The Kids Club looks so fun! I would stay and play there:rolleyes1

I :love: the magnets you made! I think I want to try and make some for our next trip.

Your stateroom looks awesome and huge! I'm glad you hd plenty of storage. The surprise you ordered looks great too!

I love Willow's comments:goodvibes

amandaw said:
Yeah, completely different! If you look at the very bottom of my signature, you will see a link to my TR from last year. If you go to it & hop to page 8, that starts my pics of the Dream. On page 9 is pics of the Oceaneer Club on the Dream.

I have to say that even with 3 of us in a stateroom, we didn't feel overly crowded or on top of each other. Sometimes, I'd have to move stuff around but it was (overall) very spacious. I have looked at Royal Caribbean ships online & I think the Disney rooms are bigger & I love the 2 bathrooms in the Disney staterooms.

Intriguing! On the Dream, we could place our suitcases under the bed. And our big suitcase is BIG! I'm glad the Fantasy is the same way because it was so nice to put them there out of the way.

My computer went bonkers last night and I had to shut down. On my phone now, so I will have to check out the pics tonight! I'm very interested to see how different they are.

I really could see how a family of 4 could actually stay in one of those staterooms. I couldn't really imagine until we were there. I'm glad we didn't have 4 though (as I'm sure you were)! Haha

The kid's club looks awesome! I'm glad that Willow liked it so much

That room looks great! I'm really glad to see all of the storage, now I know I'll be able to over-pack when the time comes. :lmao:

I'm dying over the veranda. Can't wait to see more!

Joining in! So happy to see another Alaska trip report! And Willow is the same age as our youngest son, so I really appreciate the information regarding the kids club and detailed photos. Looking forward to hearing more!

DisSarahK said:
So great to have another Alaska TR to read! Willow is adorable and I love the picture of her with the Ariel statue. I'll be copying that pose as well!

When do you sail? (Sorry if it's in your signature - cant see them on my phone.)

Thanks so much for reading along!!!!!

jenf22 said:
We're off to Alaska in September, so I'm so happy there's another report to read! I noticed your room numbers - we're in 7604, right next door. Did you guys like the rooms? Was noise a problem? I noticed they're right by the aft elevators.

Keep the pictures coming, they're great! :cool1:

How exciting that you have a trip so soon!!!! :woohoo:

We loved the location. My mom has serious mobility issues, so being near the elevators was a huge plus for us. There was some noise, but not from the elevators - just kids running down the hall and stuff. I think you'd get that anywhere. DD and I sleep with white noise, so it didn't bother us at all.

Thanks for joining in!!

megan511 said:
So much to comment on!

I'm glad you all enjoyed your lunch. I love that the CMs got your bags for you. It's the little things that sets Disney customer service apart.

I love the pic with Ariel! The Kids Club looks so fun! I would stay and play there:rolleyes1

I :love: the magnets you made! I think I want to try and make some for our next trip.

Your stateroom looks awesome and huge! I'm glad you hd plenty of storage. The surprise you ordered looks great too!

I love Willow's comments:goodvibes

Thanks for continuing to follow along, Megan. The customer service on the ship was above anything I have ever experienced. We felt like royalty! Well, DD usually feels like royalty, but you know what I mean...... :rofl:

pas130 said:
The stateroom looks great, glad Willow likes the Kids Club :cool1:

We were really impressed with our home on the sea. And I am not sure why the kids club is so great, but the kids all think it is! Haha

shan23877 said:
The kid's club looks awesome! I'm glad that Willow liked it so much

That room looks great! I'm really glad to see all of the storage, now I know I'll be able to over-pack when the time comes. :lmao:

I'm dying over the veranda. Can't wait to see more!

:lmao: I was so excited about the storage! I packed enough for 4 people, and we still didn't use all the space.

The verandah was just lovely. We used them a lot, so I know that, if we did a warmer cruise, I would be out there all the time!

pixarmom said:
Joining in! So happy to see another Alaska trip report! And Willow is the same age as our youngest son, so I really appreciate the information regarding the kids club and detailed photos. Looking forward to hearing more!

Welcome!!!!!

Are you going to be cruising to Alaska too? I hope so! It was so fun, and your son will have a blast!

Welcome!!!!!

Are you going to be cruising to Alaska too? I hope so! It was so fun, and your son will have a blast!

Thanks for the welcome! Yes, we're on the August 27 Wonder to Alaska! We have three boys, ages 5, 12 and 13 by the time we sail next month. This will be our second cruise - we tried the 3-night Dream last summer just to see how we would do on a ship before we committed to the 7-night Wonder. We had a great time, but we're REALLY looking forward to Alaska.

Our youngest son loves to see photos before our trips. While we're on vacation, he gets really excited when he recognizes things from TR photos - so even little things from your TR like the port and the signs will be great for him.

I have so many questions, but I know you're just getting started, so I'll just sit tight and keep reading for now!

pixarmom said:
Thanks for the welcome! Yes, we're on the August 27 Wonder to Alaska! We have three boys, ages 5, 12 and 13 by the time we sail next month. This will be our second cruise - we tried the 3-night Dream last summer just to see how we would do on a ship before we committed to the 7-night Wonder. We had a great time, but we're REALLY looking forward to Alaska.

Our youngest son loves to see photos before our trips. While we're on vacation, he gets really excited when he recognizes things from TR photos - so even little things from your TR like the port and the signs will be great for him.

I have so many questions, but I know you're just getting started, so I'll just sit tight and keep reading for now!

Oh, your trip is coming up fast!!! I will be interested to hear how the Wonder compares to the Dream for you.

I think all your boys will have a great time. All the tweens and teens onboard seemed to be having a blast. And you know my 5 year old did! I bet they all had a great, albeit short, time on the Dream. ;) I should have lots of pics for your little guy!

If you have questions I'm not getting to, feel free to jump in and ask!

My computer went bonkers last night and I had to shut down. On my phone now, so I will have to check out the pics tonight! I'm very interested to see how different they are.

Uh oh! Hope the computer is alright now! :thumbsup2 I'll be interested to hear what you think about the differences.

I really could see how a family of 4 could actually stay in one of those staterooms. I couldn't really imagine until we were there. I'm glad we didn't have 4 though (as I'm sure you were)! Haha

Yes, I was very happy to have just the 3 of us in there! :rotfl: But, for about 20 minutes we did have 3 adults & 1 child in there. Our stateroom host had come in to tell us something & ended up playing with Reid on the floor & his new toys for about 10 minutes. And it still wasn't crowded! :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!