ELEVATE! Is that a whale out there? A three-generation cruise to Alaska!UPDATE 8/29

amandaw said:
Though, I must say that I'd pick Donald over Goofy any day.

True, she is very good at rescuing. But, you do have a point about those princes. Well, at least she might save Reid for me. :lmao:

Can I vent real quick about the Little Mermaid? Thanks, here it goes: I LOVED that movie when it came out. It came out in 1989 & I was going from 5th to 6th grade. I was obsessed with that movie & the music! I still love it as an adult. However, I must say that as a grown woman, I am now very troubled that King Triton let his 16 year old daughter just run off with this prince who is basically a stranger & get married!!! :faint: No one at Disney thought it might be better to make her a little bit older? :confused3

Oh, I hear you!!!! I was out of the age group when TLM was released, so I had never seen it before I got it for Willow. I watched in amazement and dismay. It is my least favorite princess movie - the old ones at least have the excuse of the time they were made. What were they thinking with the TLM story line in the 1980s????? Amazing. I like the soundtrack, and I absolutely understand how irresistible a mermaid is to a little girl. But the rest - ack - not my favorite! Sorry all you TLM lovers!!!

Oh, I hear you!!!! I was out of the age group when TLM was released, so I had never seen it before I got it for Willow. I watched in amazement and dismay. It is my least favorite princess movie - the old ones at least have the excuse of the time they were made. What were they thinking with the TLM story line in the 1980s????? Amazing. I like the soundtrack, and I absolutely understand how irresistible a mermaid is to a little girl. But the rest - ack - not my favorite! Sorry all you TLM lovers!!!

The music is the absolute best part of that movie! I've actually always liked Ursula more than Ariel. :rotfl:

ETA: So glad I'm not the only who feels this way about that movie.

Hi girls!

I couldn't agree more guys. I think most of the princess stories could use a little tweaking in the age department. I hate thinking about the conversations that I'll have when Maddie figures out that they're 16. Luckily, for now she thinks that 16 is light years older than her. And we've told her that she's not allowed to get married until she's done with grad school. :rotfl2:

amandaw said:
The music is the absolute best part of that movie! I've actually always liked Ursula more than Ariel. :rotfl:

ETA: So glad I'm not the only who feels this way about that movie.

Hahaha Ursula is an awesome villain!!!

It did just occur to me that maybe mer-folk have a much shorter life expectancy than humans and therefore must marry much earlier. :shrug: That will be my parental explanation!!!

shan23877 said:
Hi girls!

I couldn't agree more guys. I think most of the princess stories could use a little tweaking in the age department. I hate thinking about the conversations that I'll have when Maddie figures out that they're 16. Luckily, for now she thinks that 16 is light years older than her. And we've told her that she's not allowed to get married until she's done with grad school. :rotfl2:

I'm so glad that Willow is still torn about whether she wants to marry me or her best friend Mabel. :rotfl2:

I'm so glad that Willow is still torn about whether she wants to marry me or her best friend Mabel. :rotfl2:

That's fantastic! Mads wants to marry her cousin JD. He's 16. :lmao:

She hasn't even put the pieces of the puzzle together yet--she wants to be a princess but doesn't consider a prince to be part of the equation.

shan23877 said:

She hasn't even put the pieces of the puzzle together yet--she wants to be a princess but doesn't consider a prince to be part of the equation.

Same with Willow - princess has nothing to do with prince. :lmao:

However, she definitely crushes on boys - when she met Flynn Ryder, a waiter we had on a trip who sang with her and stuff, and a certain young man on the Wonder. ;) I will have my hands full when she hits the teen years!!!!

The Little Mermaid conversation cracked me up. It's true though! I guess I never thought about that. I did notice in Sleeping Beauty that she's 16 but I guess that was made a while ago. In the Snow White fairy tale she is VERY young like 12-14 I think. Don't know how old she is in the movie though.:confused3

I did notice in Tangled they bumped Rapunzel up to 18 at least.:lmao:

I think it's unfair the Magic gets Mickey too! was it the first one? Maybe that's why.

Hi girls!

Love it! I haven't given Reid an age yet when he can get married. But, when he asked why some people kiss on the lips, I told him that only married people are allowed to do that. :rotfl:

Hahaha Ursula is an awesome villain!!!

It did just occur to me that maybe mer-folk have a much shorter life expectancy than humans and therefore must marry much earlier. :shrug: That will be my parental explanation!!!

True....that explanation could work. But, does her life expectancy alter when she becomes human? :confused3

:rotfl2:

Too cute! Reid always says he's going to marry me. The other day I told him that he can't. I told him that he'll grow up to marry some other girl & he won't live with me & Daddy. He literally almost started crying. He said he always wants to live with me.

I like that - an independent princess! She doesn't need no stinkin' prince! :lmao:

Same with Willow - princess has nothing to do with prince. :lmao:

However, she definitely crushes on boys - when she met Flynn Ryder, a waiter we had on a trip who sang with her and stuff, and a certain young man on the Wonder. ;) I will have my hands full when she hits the teen years!!!!

That's so cute! I have a feeling you will have some sleepless nights when she is a teenager.

The Little Mermaid conversation cracked me up. It's true though! I guess I never thought about that. I did notice in Sleeping Beauty that she's 16 but I guess that was made a while ago. In the Snow White fairy tale she is VERY young like 12-14 I think. Don't know how old she is in the movie though.:confused3

I'd like to see them make a princess movie where the princess is in her 20's. Although, now that I think about it, how old is Tiana? She's got to be in her 20's, right?

I think it's unfair the Magic gets Mickey too! was it the first one? Maybe that's why.

I had to google it but I found out: Yes, the Magic was first & began operating in 1998. Then, the Wonder began operating in 1999. Good guess! :thumbsup2

megan511 said:

:rotfl2: I'm sticking to me mer-folk life expectancy theory. It makes sense - they're half fish. I don't think fish live very long. So a sixteen-year-old mermaid is probably the equivalent of a 29-year-old human. ;)

You know, I was thinking the Magic must have been first too. Still, it just doesn't seem fair. :confused3

amandaw said:
Love it! I haven't given Reid an age yet when he can get married. But, when he asked why some people kiss on the lips, I told him that only married people are allowed to do that. :rotfl:

True....that explanation could work. But, does her life expectancy alter when she becomes human? :confused3

:rotfl2:

Too cute! Reid always says he's going to marry me. The other day I told him that he can't. I told him that he'll grow up to marry some other girl & he won't live with me & Daddy. He literally almost started crying. He said he always wants to live with me.

I like that - an independent princess! She doesn't need no stinkin' prince! :lmao:

That's so cute! I have a feeling you will have some sleepless nights when she is a teenager.

I'd like to see them make a princess movie where the princess is in her 20's. Although, now that I think about it, how old is Tiana? She's got to be in her 20's, right?

I had to google it but I found out: Yes, the Magic was first & began operating in 1998. Then, the Wonder began operating in 1999. Good guess! :thumbsup2

Okay, here is how it works. When a mer-person becomes human, he or she is human at what would be his or her human-equivalent age and then has a human life expectancy from there. I am, apparently and quite suddenly, an expert on the mer-world!

You let that sweet boy live with you forever!!!!!! Willow cried when I told her she would go away to college someday like a teen friend of ours. A couple of years have passed since - I'm guessing she's looking forward to it now! :rotfl2:

I think Tiana is a pretty mature princess. I'd put her at mid-20s at least, wouldn't you?

I'd say Tiana is in her 20s. I like her character a lot. She has goals, she works hard & then she finds her prince.

:rofl: I'm sticking to me mer-folk life expectancy theory. It makes sense - they're half fish. I don't think fish live very long. So a sixteen-year-old mermaid is probably the equivalent of a 29-year-old human. ;)

You know, I was thinking the Magic must have been first too. Still, it just doesn't seem fair. :lmao2:

:lmao: that must be it!

I know, how do you top Mickey?

Okay, here is how it works. When a mer-person becomes human, he or she is human at what would be his or her human-equivalent age and then has a human life expectancy from there. I am, apparently and quite suddenly, an expert on the mer-world!

You let that sweet boy live with you forever!!!!!! Willow cried when I told her she would go away to college someday like a teen friend of ours. A couple of years have passed since - I'm guessing she's looking forward to it now! :rofl:

I think Tiana is a pretty mature princess. I'd put her at mid-20s at least, wouldn't you?

Love the mer-persons life expectancy theory. I fully intend to steal that (as long as you don't mind of course).:rotfl:

Maddie would like to live with me forever. She must intend to all of her college courses online.:confused3

I think you're right about Tiana. Has to be in her early 20s. Of course, my daughter never wants to be dressed up as the hard-working/has a mind of her own princess. Not sure why, cause she's got an amazing dress!

You are one smart lady! :thumbsup2 I like that explanation a lot. Now, you may have to think up an explanation for Snow White. :scratchin

You let that sweet boy live with you forever!!!!!! Willow cried when I told her she would go away to college someday like a teen friend of ours. A couple of years have passed since - I'm guessing she's looking forward to it now! :rofl:

:rotfl: I'm sure he'll get over it in a few years. I actually know a few grown-ups who are single & still live with their parents. I always said I would never let my child do that. He's welcome to live with me if he's going to school or if he's going through a rough patch & trying to get back on his feet. But, if he's got a job & most things in life going for him....sorry son, get out there like a grown-up & learn to make it on your own. I'm such a mean mommy, I know. :worried:

I would think she is, especially since she's opening a restaurant.

I'd say Tiana is in her 20s. I like her character a lot. She has goals, she works hard & then she finds her prince.

I think she is, too. I really like Tiana. When they were first coming out with that movie, I was a little worried. Since I'm from Louisiana & live here, I didn't know how they would depict it in the movie. But, I really love that movie! Especially all the music! Disney did a fantastic job portraying our state & culture. :thumbsup2

Love the mer-persons life expectancy theory. I fully intend to steal that (as long as you don't mind of course).:rotfl:

Maddie would like to live with me forever. She must intend to all of her college courses online.:confused3

I think you're right about Tiana. Has to be in her early 20s. Of course, my daughter never wants to be dressed up as the hard-working/has a mind of her own princess. Not sure why, cause she's got an amazing dress!

Tiana does have the prettiest dress! I love her work ethic but I can see where that doesn't appeal to little girls. :rotfl:

megan511 said:

:lmao: that must be it!

I know, how do you top Mickey?

It's totally not fair to the other ships!!!! I am going to file a formal complaint! :lmao:

shan23877 said:

I may publish my mer-study - you are welcome to employ it to your full advantage. :rotfl:

I think I have some good pics of Willow in the dress coming up in this TR - maybe we can sell Maddie on it.

amandaw said:
You are one smart lady! :thumbsup2 I like that explanation a lot. Now, you may have to think up an explanation for Snow White. :scratchin

:rotfl: I'm sure he'll get over it in a few years. I actually know a few grown-ups who are single & still live with their parents. I always said I would never let my child do that. He's welcome to live with me if he's going to school or if he's going through a rough patch & trying to get back on his feet. But, if he's got a job & most things in life going for him....sorry son, get out there like a grown-up & learn to make it on your own. I'm such a mean mommy, I know. :worried:

I would think she is, especially since she's opening a restaurant.

I think she is, too. I really like Tiana. When they were first coming out with that movie, I was a little worried. Since I'm from Louisiana & live here, I didn't know how they would depict it in the movie. But, I really love that movie! Especially all the music! Disney did a fantastic job portraying our state & culture. :thumbsup2

I'll have to work on SW. To date, I've written her off as a product of her times. Maybe there is a better theory to be uncovered.....

Totally agree with you on the live-at-home stuff. :thumbsup2 I have a feeling it won't be much of an issue for Miss Independent-I-know-Everything, but we shall see. I'm not above booting my kid in the booty if she needs it! :lmao:

Willow and I are big fans of Tiana and the music from that movie. It plays in our car a LOT.

I'll have to work on SW. To date, I've written her off as a product of her times. Maybe there is a better theory to be uncovered.....

It's been so long since I've watched Snow White. Do they show them getting married at the end? If not, you could say that her Prince had to court her until she was 25. :confused3

Totally agree with you on the live-at-home stuff. :thumbsup2 I have a feeling it won't be much of an issue for Miss Independent-I-know-Everything, but we shall see. I'm not above booting my kid in the booty if she needs it! :lmao:

Yeah, I know Reid will change his mind once he's older. It is sweet though that he thinks (right now) that he always wants to live with us. :goodvibes

Willow and I are big fans of Tiana and the music from that movie. It plays in our car a LOT.

The music really is great. Anytime I'm cleaning or cooking, I put it on a Disney channel on Pandora on my phone & Reid & I sing & dance.

It's totally not fair to the other ships!!!! I am going to file a formal complaint! :lmao:

We should! Can you imagine the look on the Guest Relations CMs face when they are flooded with complaints that thy are being unfair to the other ships by putting Mickey on the Magic?:rotfl2:

The music really is great. Anytime I'm cleaning or cooking, I put it on a Disney channel on Pandora on my phone & Reid & I sing & dance.

I'm glad you approved of Disney's depiction of LA! I love the music from that movie too. It's so catchy! As far as I know the only Disney movie set in VA is Pocahontas. Talk about inappropriate, the real Pocohontas was like 11 or 12! But as we all know Disney took some liberties with that movie!:lmao: My personal favorite moment is when John Smith sails into the sunset even though VA is on the EAST coast:rolleyes1:rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter