Election Night Online Cocktail Party

Saxton

DIS Veteran
OK, so who else is glued to the tv and checking the results online? I kept telling myself I wasn't going to start watching it until about 9:00 but obviously that didn't work.

Any news out of Florida, Arizona or California yet?

I'm watching... Have had CNN on since I got home from work, just as background noise... Now... I am watching. Yeah, I told myself... wait until later.. But you know what, there isn't anything else on anyway... So, I am surfing and watching ... :drinking1

I'm all over it! McCain leading in IN, Obama winning FL, Fl amendment was down by 1, up by 1, now is back down by 1 at 59 yes, so that's good news for now. Obama winning NC and Ohio, Mac winning virginia

Glued to the tube since 6:30pm. Drinking water and wishing my headcold would go away!

GA is looking like it's going for McCain....dangit.

I'm watching NBC and following CNN online. Things will start to get really interesting in about half an hour. I think I'm going to pour myself a glass of wine and try not to go crazy!

CNN says Obama takes Penn!

I'm making a drink!

This is just what I needed!!!

Should I throw the champagne in the freezer? :confused3

Is anyone watching CNN?? The have got some Unreal! Computer Mapping things going on, not to mention their way-cool Hologram toys they have going on there. Wolf Blitzer was able to talk to, and be on screen, side by side with a reporter from Chicago... They have got some way-cool new tools this year...:thumbsup2

OK, back to the politics...... wooo hooo Obama grabs PA.!!(Obviously projected)

Ah my stress level!!!! Obama took PA :thumbsup2 thankfully we made some headway around here!!!

My girl is at our local council meeting tonight....maybe I should go meet her for a beer. I am sure all me neighbors are celebrating :rolleyes: . (I am the only one with an Obama sign on my lawn, the rest have McCain!)

if you can find CNN's electoral map from before the election, the last one they did, you can see Obama doesn't need any of hte battleground states, all he needed was to hold the ones CNN was already projecting as leaning towards him. It will be interesting! I"m in the pride center at DBF's school watching everything. Sadly the Fl amendment is not looking good!

Whre's Rob?

I need that pre-marriage bourbon recipe of his! :thumbsup2

Some of those "Amendments" Are unbelievable.. Sometimes I have to ask myself, this is America, right?? 2008????

Too many people must have watched that Caveman show... (all 2 episodes of it)

Yeah, I've been watching the Florida amendment and the Arkansas initiative to ban gay couple adoptions. Unbelievable. On one hand I'm excited that things may be changing and on the other hand I can't believe how much hate is out there.

OK Mike, let's start with the bourbon recipe and then we'll switch to champagne later!

It went something like pour bourbon in a paper cup, lean over the sink so you sont spill it on your suit, then chug it!

I've got champagne in the freezer, will be ready shortly!

Yeah, I've been watching the Florida amendment and the Arkansas initiative to ban gay couple adoptions. Unbelievable. On one hand I'm excited that things may be changing and on the other hand I can't believe how much hate is out there.

Banning gay couple adoptions??? Being that I work in foster care/adoption this is a huge issue for me. People who vote for these things scare me...and I think if you vote that a gay person cannot adopt, you need to take in the three adoptive children that they would have made a home for! Aargh!

You know? I am seriously sick to my stomach. The flamboyant hatred has finally gotten to me.

I'm watching anything I can find. Not much on FL (here in SC). Too much unpleasantness (from my perspective, of course).

How can there still be this much opposition to a single group of people?

Too much emotion vested here. I need to distance myself a bit, I think. :confused3

Unfortunately, since I can't turn off the television, that's not going to happen.

Well, it looks like our votes DID matter locally. :thumbsup2 We have Dems leading in a lot of the local races. The state races are closer than they have been in the past, but the Republicans will win. :rolleyes:

We didn't have any hate-based initiatives this time around.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter