ECV's and Diability Access

Uncle Mikey

Mouseketeer
I will be bringing a fairly good sized group next summer (eight people total). Among the group are two ladies who will require the use of ECV's. I was wondering if anyone could share some tips and their experiences using the ECV's and disability access to the attractions at the theme parks. Both ladies tried the ECV's for the first time last year at Disneyland and believe that with their walking limitations this is the only way to go. One of the ladies had knee replacement last year and the other has Rheumatoid Arthritis (a byproduct of Lupus). I would like to make sure these ladies have a wonderful experience, so any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to our little home here on the DIS.
I'm sure you will get advice from some of our posters who use ecvs. I'll give you a link to information about which rides they can stay in their ecvs and which ones they will need to get out to start you out.
DIS disabilities information If you scroll toward the bottom, you will find the information.

A lot depends on if you are staying on- or off-property. The most important suggestion would be to use an off-site company and rent the ECVs for the entire stay. You get better ones, the cost is less than from Disney, and you are sure of having them. If on-property almost all of the buses are lift-equipped. If off-property you would need two cars, as we have found that you cannot get two ECVs even in a Cadillac. There are at least three companies (Care, Walker, and Randy's) that do rentals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter