Ebay closed my auction...why?

could they be worried about tampering. You are selling an open bottle of their product. maybe they don't want to run the risk that you did something to it? although again the used car analogy that someone gave would make sense. the car makers don't know what you did to the car when you had it. bet it is the picture you used.

Originally posted by momxx5
I guess I'm just amazed at what people sell and how they represent their items. AND I know most people are honest and looking to see nice unwanted items and other are happy to buy them. Its the ones who feel so upset when they cannot pull a fast one. Not meaning the OP!

ITA! Not all ebay sales are bad -- many sales are quite honest and simply intended to unload something that may be of use to someone else. But there is also a very real edge to ebay that seeks to exploit. People have made careers on ebaying -- it's amazing -- and some much less honestly than others. Take, for example, meal vouchers for Disney. If Family X buys 10 vouchers and can't use 2, I think it's lovely that ebay exists as a forum for them to unload those. I aslo suppose it's acceptable if I buy one and then post it on ebay and folks who know about Hotwire but don't want to join are willing to pay an extra buck or two to buy it from me. Fair 'nuf. But then you see the auctions for "ebooks" telling people how to buy vouchers... even going so far as to encourage these people to buy vouchers for the purpose of selling them at inflated prices on ebay to make a buck! And what, pray tell , is in this fantabulous "e-book" of wisdom they are selling for 5 bucks a pop? The HTML address and instructions to join Hotwire! I look at some auctions and am just ill at not only what gets sold, but at how many people are buying. I think about the poor soul who just bid $25 bucks for a breakfast voucher, who soon will learn that even CRT is only 19.99 per head, most other buffets are 16.99, and that the person who sold them the voucher got it for only 18.25 and that they could have, too, if instead of typing the "disney meal voucher" search words into ebay they had typed them into their internet browser instead! Of course, if someone buys an ebook off these scam artists for the purpose of scamming others -- well, what goes around comes around and they get what they paid for.

Inthe case of the original poster and the sunscreen, sounds like more of the Family X scenario -- probably the product could be posted with no product namebrand and then be sold without ebay raising a ruckus. Ebay may have jumped the gun on her, or the company may have been burned in the past and has to take a very rigid stand -- no name-calling of their product on ebay, or no sales of it, period. One could easily envision a situation that would provoke that -- say someone gets their hands on last year's product at a discount, then sells it on ebay using the company name. Now someone buys that product -- and the product stinks to holy heck because the oils have gone rancid over time. Well, now that person thinks -- Jeez, Company x makes a crappy product. Bad press for Company x. Or what if the product makes the person break out in blotchy hives? Is Company X liable? It was after all their product. And in some cases of "name-brand calling" sellers are using the name as a selling tool and in fine print then admit they don't even actually have that product -- it's "like" that product.

Sounds like you copied someone elses ad like copy and past or a picture from another ebay ad .This will get you kicked off every time

What about all the Mary Kay or Avon Reps (or used to be Reps) that are selling on-line through eBay? Does that mean that the company just does not object? Or is it OK because they take their own pictures of the items?

I'm taking a look at your link....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter