Ebates 20% back for Orbitz tickets

Has anyone who is staying on-site and linked the tickets to your Magic Bands even bothered to pick up the tickets at will-call? I know you don't need to, but should you?

Has anyone who is staying on-site and linked the tickets to your Magic Bands even bothered to pick up the tickets at will-call? I know you don't need to, but should you?

We picked ours up. We were there in March and even though I had the code, I wanted to pick up the tickets because we are not using the tickets until our next trip in December. So, I just felt better having them for that reason. If I was using the tickets during that same stay I probably would not have bothered to pick them up.

Woohoo, got my ebates!!! And linked my tickets for our trip. Hopefully there will be good fast passes left...

Hi,

I know this is an old thread, but don't know where else to ask. I was suppose to pick up my tickets in July, but something came up and we were not able to go. I would like to know if any has picked up there tickets after the date they specified when ordering through Orbitz a while back. I am unable to find out when these tickets expire as well.

thanks

I bought the 5-day park hoppers from Orbitz during the 20% rebate promo:cool1:. I already linked them to the MDE account and booked our FP+ yesterday. We are going in October and we are also planning on going again in May 2015. Since we are DVC members, it is a no-brainer to upgrade to AP's. By my calculations, it should only cost me about $560 to upgrade all 4 tickets:cheer2:.

In order to "bridge" the tickets properly, I know that I have to use them first to enter the park and then upgrade them after they've been used at least once. We arrive early on Sunday morning and I was thinking about upgrading them on Wednesday since we have no morning plans that day. My question is...do I have to physically pick up the tickets to do the upgrade? Or will the MB suffice? Also, if I have to present the actual tickets to upgrade them, can I do that AFTER I've already used the MB to access the parks? Does any of this make sense?:confused3

I bought the 5-day park hoppers from Orbitz during the 20% rebate promo:cool1:. I already linked them to the MDE account and booked our FP+ yesterday. We are going in October and we are also planning on going again in May 2015. Since we are DVC members, it is a no-brainer to upgrade to AP's. By my calculations, it should only cost me about $560 to upgrade all 4 tickets:cheer2:.

In order to "bridge" the tickets properly, I know that I have to use them first to enter the park and then upgrade them after they've been used at least once. We arrive early on Sunday morning and I was thinking about upgrading them on Wednesday since we have no morning plans that day. My question is...do I have to physically pick up the tickets to do the upgrade? Or will the MB suffice? Also, if I have to present the actual tickets to upgrade them, can I do that AFTER I've already used the MB to access the parks? Does any of this make sense?:confused3

When we did it in June, I did NOT need the actual tickets. I never even picked up the tickets!

You can use both the MBs and physical tickets interchangeably. In fact, it's a good idea to pick up and keep the hard copy of your tickets with you in case the MDE system goes down (it has happened at least once!).

It won't be necessary to have a hard copy of the ticket in order to do an upgrade. My sister and brother-in-law had tickets on their MBs and added a day without having to show their hard copies. The CM just scanned their MBs and did the upgrade without a problem (and that was during the testing phase last fall). The same should work for upgrading to APs. The AP will be tied immediately to your MDE accounts. You will also be issued a hard copy of your AP to show for discounts and parking. Don't forget to bring your DVC membership card(s) and photo IDs so that you can get your discount on the APs!

When we did it in June, I did NOT need the actual tickets. I never even picked up the tickets!

You can use both the MBs and physical tickets interchangeably. In fact, it's a good idea to pick up and keep the hard copy of your tickets with you in case the MDE system goes down (it has happened at least once!).

It won't be necessary to have a hard copy of the ticket in order to do an upgrade. My sister and brother-in-law had tickets on their MBs and added a day without having to show their hard copies. The CM just scanned their MBs and did the upgrade without a problem (and that was during the testing phase last fall). The same should work for upgrading to APs. The AP will be tied immediately to your MDE accounts. You will also be issued a hard copy of your AP to show for discounts and parking. Don't forget to bring your DVC membership card(s) and photo IDs so that you can get your discount on the APs!

Thank you, both:goodvibes. Will changing the ticket media on my MDE mess up my FP+ choices? I'm not terribly worried because the only one we really wanted was A&E and there aren't any available:sad:.

My parents are planning to do the exact same thing with their Orbitz tickets - upgrade them to DVC AP since they are going again in May. Unfortunately they also aren't doing this till Oct as well. Hope it goes smoothly for you and them!

I know they do plan on picking up the tickets since they have to go get my family's Orbitz tickets anyway (too pregnant to go on this trip).

Hi,

I know this is an old thread, but don't know where else to ask. I was suppose to pick up my tickets in July, but something came up and we were not able to go. I would like to know if any has picked up there tickets after the date they specified when ordering through Orbitz a while back. I am unable to find out when these tickets expire as well.

thanks

They never expire. You should be able to pick them up any time. But, if you get the code from Orbitz, you can link them to your MDE account, and, if you are staying on-site with a magic band, you'll never even need to pick up the tickets.

They never expire. You should be able to pick them up any time. But, if you get the code from Orbitz, you can link them to your MDE account, and, if you are staying on-site with a magic band, you'll never even need to pick up the tickets.

i tried several times to get this code. either the representative didn't know what i was taking about or said that disney changed there policy and i should call them. of course disney doesn't know what i am talking about since i did not buy the ticket from them and said i should call orbits. Has anyone tried to get the magic code from disney directly? if so what verification number did you give them to look up the voucher.

thanks

But people say you need to use one day of it before you can upgrade it. But I don't think I have read anywhere about upgrading an ap they already have. I would post that question by itself and see if someone answers it

Can you use tickets to upgrade to AP renewal?

i tried several times to get this code. either the representative didn't know what i was taking about or said that disney changed there policy and i should call them. of course disney doesn't know what i am talking about since i did not buy the ticket from them and said i should call orbits. Has anyone tried to get the magic code from disney directly? if so what verification number did you give them to look up the voucher.

thanks

... are these Disneyland or Disneyworld tickets?

thanks

Try emailing orbitz instead of calling, that is how I got my code.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter