Ebates 20% back for Orbitz tickets

anyone with experience with ebates.... are they reliable with their rebates? like, is this 20% back in my account a sure thing?

anyone with experience with ebates.... are they reliable with their rebates? like, is this 20% back in my account a sure thing?
I've been a member since the year 2000. They've been around a long time and have been very reliable. I did have a problem getting my cashback for this deal last year, but their terms clearly state that you do not get credited for your cashback until 40 days following the completion of your travel. In my case, that meant waiting 6 months for it to credit. Other people were getting their cashback credit right away, which made me rather unhappy. But I eventually did get my credit and I cannot fuss about it too much since they did state the terms very clearly on their website. I just wish I was one of the lucky few who got credit right away instead of having to fight for it half a year later.

And for everyone doing this deal, I cannot stress this enough:

Save your Orbitz confirmation email until you have received your Ebates credit!!!!
You will need it to submit to Ebates in the event that you do not get credited properly!!!!

I've used them before and received my check. With Orbitz though; they say that "cash back pending" might not show up until 40 days after your trip. Then they will pay you out when the next date is.

Thanks again to the original poster for posting this!! There was a great deal on buy 3 days get 2 free base tickets on top of 20% cash back ebates.

so... what happens in I input dates of,say, July 2014, but can't actually travel till dec 2014? say my plans change? advice?

The only issue I see with this is with your FP+ reservations. Since they are tied to days of tickets, you would only be able to do 5 days worth ahead of time...that is what is keeping me from doing a 5 day and later upgrading to an 8 dayz

That is a good point and not something I had considered. This is assuming we would be able to link these in advance anyway. Our tentative plan at this point is to do MK, MK, EP, rest day, AK, EP, MK. So being that the last day is our 3rd day at MK, I think I'd be willing to risk having to book FP+ after we upgrade on day 1. I've been waiting for airfares to go down, but doesn't look like that's going to happen. The savings alone would cover more than one of our RT flights, so I can justify it that way. LOL.

would universal and seaworld tix also apply for this 20% off?

so... what happens in I input dates of,say, July 2014, but can't actually travel till dec 2014? say my plans change? advice?

You have to put a range of dates when you will be able to pick them up at "will call" which means picking them up at one of Disney World's Guest Services- they have one in DTD, and then any of the 4 theme parks (MK, Epcot, HS or AK). So if you aren't traveling until December 2014 that is the date you put in. When you get there to pick up the tickets, it's a regular ticket where you have 14 days to use them FROM the date that you first use/activate them. I was even thinking of buying an extra 5 day passes for my family and I for another trip since this deal was so good. But I just don't know about dropping around $2k on tickets all at once.

I understand about the pickup date, but what happens if my plans change- what would happen to these vouchers? I wouldn't do it on purpose, but sometimes life intervenes...esp. if planning months ahead.....would I be able to get them on a later date if I had to?

:thumbsup2
I know the linking of the Orbitz vouchers has been a debate on many threads but I have had success linking the tickets. i have spoken with 4 different CM that have replied without hesitation that the vouchers could be linked. Here's what I did:

Purchased a WDW B3G2 ticket from Orbitz. Waited 4 days and called the My Disney Experience help desk and asked them to link my tickets (It takes a few days for the Orbitz confirmation number to enter the Disney system). I gave them the voucher number and the CM said he would work with his tech support to try to link the tickets. At the end of the call he was not able to link the tickets. Two days later I received an email that stated my ticket had been added to MDE. I checked my account and indeed the the 5 day MYW ticket was added and attached to my name. I called the help desk just to verify and the CM said that the ticket was linked and I could begin selecting FP+ at my 60 day window.

What I learned is that it may take 7-10 days for the Orbitz confirmation number to enter the Disney system so I will wait at least that long before I call and try to link the tickets I purchased today.

This was my experience. Others may not have been successful but it can be done!

So it is 100% certain you don't get the cash back until 40 days after you travel?
Those are the terms as stated on Ebates' website. Some people were fortunate and got their cashback credited to their account within a couple days of making their purchase. But you really cannot argue with them (Ebates) if they make you wait until 40 days after the completion of your travel. Those are the terms of the deal and you really don't have a leg to stand on.

It should also be noted that even though your Ebates account gets credited, you won't see your "Big Fat Check" until the end of the quarter in which the credit was applied. You cannot just cash out and get your money any time that you feel like doing it. The next "Big Fat Check" will be sent on on May 15, 2014 for credits earned between Jan. 1 - Mar. 31, 2014.

Yes but the universal tickets have to be used by May 9 and must be used up before May 22, 2014.

Just the buy 2 get 1 free Universal tickets have the deadline on them. If you put a travel date after that time, orbitz gives you options without the deadline.

aha,thank you! my biggest question right now is what if plans change,and I couldn't pick them up on my chosen date? anybody know?

Has anyone ever ordered Universal tickets through Orbitz? We are going in March and were planning on doing the Buy2Get1 tickets. Can the vouchers be redeemed at the resort (Royal Pacific)? Thanks!

aha,thank you! my biggest question right now is what if plans change,and I couldn't pick them up on my chosen date? anybody know?

I'd like to know this also!

Can you purchase these vouchers if you are not 100% sure about your trip dates? We may go December 2014 but if not, it won't be until the fall of 2015. Would this work for us to buy these?

For those asking about Ebates, i also have been a longtime user. I always get my cashback but many times I have to request it which is why Marionnette says KEEP YOUR ORDER CONFIRMATION!! They will not give you the cash back if you aren't able to submit that. And I would not plan on having the cash back until 40 days after traveling. You could get lucky but that would not be my experience with them. And they pay cash back once a quarter. So you may be credited your cash back 40 days after returning but then you would still need to wait until the payout period to actually receive your paypal or check.

Why not contact Orbitz for an answer? They should be able to tell you whether your voucher is redeemable after your travel dates have ended.

haha because disboards is faster!:rotfl2: I looked on the site....according ti the fine print, it says non refundable, but I don't want a refund, I just want to use them on my dates..... I am going to assume that I would lose them if I had a date change (bad) but I will try calling later to ask also....

Gosh....I'm hesitant to pull the trigger on our WDW tickets, because of the FP+ issue. Ugh, hate to miss the deal. I did buy DL tickets this way, love the savings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter