Ebates 20% back for Orbitz tickets

I'm guessing there's no way to order thru orbitz/cheaptickets and pay with disney gift cards, huh? I know I could do it thru a travel agent last year but I assume orbitz won't do that. Correct?
No. Orbitz wants cash. They have no use for Disney GCs. A TA is different. They get paid a commission from Disney and it doesn't matter what form of payment that their client uses.

No. Orbitz wants cash. They have no use for Disney GCs. A TA is different. They get paid a commission from Disney and it doesn't matter what form of payment that their client uses.

Thanks - that's what I thought but figured it couldn't hurt to ask! I have a stash of disney gift cards to use toward our vacation but it is cheaper to get a room and tickets from outside sources. Now to decide if I pay more to use my gift cards or get a better discount and pay cash. Decisions, decisions!

Question about these tickets. I exchanged my vouchers for the tickets. Now, I am planning to use them in January, but I did not get The hoppers. I got the 5 day MYW tickets. Can I add/bridge the hoppers to the tickets? If so, will I be getting credit for gate price or only what I originally paid to orbitz? I also want to bridge 2 of the tickets to AP's for my daughters and the other two to hoppers for their boyfriends who are traveling with us. I posted a similar question on the theme park board, but thought I would ask here incase any one who had bought these tickets had done any bridging with them and how it worked for them. That way I won't get a big surprise when we are using them.

Last edited:
I tried to add one more day at our hotel and we couldn't. She said it was because we bought then from somewhere else and its not worth the hastle for the money we saved she said. That was at Boardwalk. She told us to try c.s. at m.k. Then we were told it would be a one time thing only and our names went on a list never to be aloud again. Really people we stayed 11 Days. And bought 7 day tickets and decided to go to the park another day. Not to mention the money we spent on food that day ect. It took almost 90 min to get it done so expect that it might take longer with aps

I tried to add one more day at our hotel and we couldn't. She said it was because we bought then from somewhere else and its not worth the hastle for the money we saved she said. That was at Boardwalk. She told us to try c.s. at m.k. Then we were told it would be a one time thing only and our names went on a list never to be aloud again. Really people we stayed 11 Days. And bought 7 day tickets and decided to go to the park another day. Not to mention the money we spent on food that day ect. It took almost 90 min to get it done so expect that it might take longer with aps

The hotels don't do it. The concierge will sell you tickets but they don't do this sort of adjustment.

And, did you use all seven days before you decided you needed another day? If you used up your ticket and presented it at the hotel after you left the park, that would explain your experience.

If you used up the whole ticket and they sold you another day after your ticket was dead, it would have been a nice gesture from Disney and a one time thing. People add days before the ticket has been used completely or before they leave the park.

No we decided we wernt going to do any more then the 2 days at universal that we already did, instead of the 3 we bought. So another day at disney instead. We were on day 4 on vacation. Had plenty left on our tickets add we had spent 2 days already at universal

No we decided we wernt going to do any more then the 2 days at universal that we already did, instead of the 3 we bought. So another day at disney instead. We were on day 4 on vacation. Had plenty left on our tickets add we had spent 2 days already at universal
Sorry you had such a hard time with it. I read back a few pages on this thread and found several who posted that they were able to upgrade. So, maybe it is the case of the hotels not being as good about it. Also, I remember other people posting about bridging/upgrading tickets in general saying if you went to one guest services and they couldn't do it to go to another and ask. Some CM's are more knowledgable about. But I don't think I will take a chance for my DD's thst I know I want to upgrade to AP's. I will use the tickets for the other two who at the most I would be adding hopping.

Had you used the tickets already? We're there any days left?

If you hadn't yet used the tickets, then they won't be bridged and you'll only get credit for the price that Orbitz (or whatever third-party reseller) paid Disney for the tickets. You also have to upgrade on or before the last day on your ticket. Rumor has it, if you purchase a package, you can upgrade through the last day of your package, but with separate tickets, the ticket must still be valid in order to be upgraded.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter