Eating ALL THE THINGS! 1/9 - 1/17

Your reports are great- thanks for sharing! Two questions about V&A- you described the venison as “fake meat”- what did you mean by that? Maybe a typo for game meat? And it sounded like you had a fabulous experience but did you feel at all out of place as a solo diner? You seem pretty fearless about that and I too am brave but maybe not as much as you🥰🤞

Your reports are great- thanks for sharing! Two questions about V&A- you described the venison as “fake meat”- what did you mean by that? Maybe a typo for game meat? And it sounded like you had a fabulous experience but did you feel at all out of place as a solo diner? You seem pretty fearless about that and I too am brave but maybe not as much as you🥰🤞
Oh, dear (or, I suppose, deer). That is indeed supposed to be "game meat". I'll fix it in the original.

I did not feel out of place at all. Dining solo probably is a little more conspicuous there than other places since it has a bit of a date night feel, but there were parties of 2, 3, and 4 in the room I was in and I didn't feel like I stood out. Everyone's paying attention to the food and the servers and maybe the harpist, but I doubt they were paying any attention to me.

I had asked about whether Chef's Table was back yet - it is! - and made some comment about how it would be a bit silly to do the Chef's Table solo, and the server said, "I've waited on solo diners there before - nothing silly about it." Just very perfunctory, like - of course if you are solo and want a chef's table dinner you should do it. She just made it seem very normal to have a solo diner there.

Last edited:
Really enjoying your report- nice detail, those of us at home get a really good idea of the experience and consistently great pictures! (Mine are always more shall we say, hit or miss 😉) Thanks for taking the time to share!

After lunch/dinner yesterday I went on Jungle Cruise, Big Thunder, and finally Splash (which had been down most of the day). I got SOAKED on splash. Like ten times wetter than I’ve ever gotten on it before. On the first small drop a wave came up over the side of the boat and I was soaked from shoulder to butt. Worth it for one last ride on splash before closure, but it was getting dark and cold so I ended my MK time with that. Just hung out at hotel last night watching hockey and eating leftover Wawa and snacks.

Worked all day, but popped over to Disney Springs for a final meal.

First Art Smith Homecomin’. Cucumber Cooler - Tito's Handmade Vodka with lime juice, simple syrup, and crisp cucumber slices.
17412CDB-4F8D-4E14-9BE1-123D1C260021.jpeg
Nice, refreshing

Thigh High Chicken Biscuits - three biscuits topped with Chef Art's famous fried chicken thighs and bread and butter pickles; drizzled with hot honey.
F4BEE48B-420C-4E8A-BFCB-2287BF2204D2.jpeg
Maybe my expectations were too high, but I thought these were meh. The biscuits lacked flavor. The chicken was good, but there was way too little chicken compared to the size of the biscuit.

The over to Jaleo. Sangria
7571726E-B610-4D50-954C-B3D36EFA5C9C.jpeg

Chicken Croquettes
C3EC2C3D-655B-4C8A-8F62-5AAFAEB835E9.jpeg
One of my standby favorites whenever I’m at a Jaleo.

Pan Con Tomate
D5432066-B487-4C71-82EE-A9B66FED2741.jpeg
Very simple ingredients/flavors but everything shines.

I just finished window shopping a little and sadly the next stop is the airport for my flight home. Thanks so much for following along with me on my eating/drinking adventures. I got a lot of great recommendations from this board, so glad to be able to contribute.

Last edited:

I loved this! I love reading dining reports but never comment (just scroll and enjoy the pictures) but this is now my second comment in the thread.

I'm someone who really enjoys going out for solo meals. I bring a book or a newspaper to read but a lot of time (especially if I'm at the bar/lounge) I just people watch and eavesdrop. It's always shocking to me that people are so hesitant to eat alone. I love it!

You really have inspired me to book some signature spots solo. And I love your method of ordering one item + a drink at multiple spots. It really opens up your opportunities to try more places and dishes.

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this all out and so efficiently as well! Your trip report was an absolute bucket list of all the places I would love to dine one day! I’m glad to be able to check some off on my upcoming trip and your report gave me even more to look forward to!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter