Eat at Home 3!

Yesterday-ham and roasted potatoes, broccoli
Tues-pizza and lemon pie (Pi day!!) with veggies and dip
Wed-chicken and noodles, peas
Thurs-chicken parm burgers, not sure of veg
Fri-tacos
Sat-eating at my sister's house
Sun-spaghetti

trying to stay on track. Meal planning is like sorting socks, not my special skill but something I should probably do anyway.

Sunday was beef stir-fry
yesterday was McDonalds, because I left work late and I didn't have anything planned. (I know...I know)
Today I got a 1/2 day due to the storm - bbq pork, baked beans, sauteed spinach, cantaloupe and corn bread. Apple Pie for dessert (Happy snow day and Happy Pi Day)
Wednesday- pot roast in the slow cooker with carrots, mushrooms, onion and potato. I'm planning to make apple cider cinnamon dough tonight to pull out of the fridge tomorrow
Thursday- breakfast for dinner, dh will make pancakes and bacon. I'll probably pick up some fruit to have on the side.
Friday - maybe slow-cooker pulled pork sandwiches
Saturday - unknown. The kiddo has the Jazz Festival State Competion

This weeks menu

Yesterday - chicken with mustard cream sauce, butter noodles, green beans

Tuesday- steaks, risotto, sautéed spinach

Wednesday- birthday dinner out

Thursday - sloppy joes, fries

Friday - pizza out after seeing Beauty and the Beast ❤️❤️

Saturday - leftovers

Sunday - chicken fajitas, rice and beans

Nor sure if I asked this before (I'm tired as I just scrubbed the kitchen down and did a bunch of other stuff this morning), but what can you make with leftover rotisserie chicken? I usually make a stir fry or fried rice, but looking for other ideas as well. I enjoy buying one at the store on grocery day and making a couple sides for it, then using what's leftover a few days later in something new. One chicken this way can last me 5ish days of meals so the cost is minimal.

A bit late in posting this week...

Menu Plan - week of 3/11
Saturday - fried chicken, mashed potatoes, green beans
Sunday - meatloaf, baked potatoes, squash
Monday - leftovers
Tuesday- Italian lentil soup
Wednesday- eggs, avocado/tomato slices, grits
Thursday - BBQ beef, corn, baked beans
Friday - chicken and peppers, rice

Nor sure if I asked this before (I'm tired as I just scrubbed the kitchen down and did a bunch of other stuff this morning), but what can you make with leftover rotisserie chicken? I usually make a stir fry or fried rice, but looking for other ideas as well. I enjoy buying one at the store on grocery day and making a couple sides for it, then using what's leftover a few days later in something new. One chicken this way can last me 5ish days of meals so the cost is minimal.
Some ideas for leftover chicken - add to salads, Mexican burritos, rice bowls, soups, chicken alfredo, and quesadillas.

Got a great deal on fresh salmon fillets today (under $4.50/lb), so picked up 2lbs to make for dinner tonight. Also forgot we have choir both Saturday and Sunday night, so since I get the Saturday event, my spouse has dinner, so he will be doing a pizza or taco pick up (and we'll have that with fruit I bought today)...so, here's the new plans (and I will say - I switched up my pancakes Thursday to a plain pancake but with a homemade fresh pineapple, banana, coconut, rum and honey topping - I got huge compliments on those, so now I need to make them every week for meatless extra dinner!:))...

Fri - Baked Lemon Dill Salmon Fillets, Spinach Cheese Ravioli in Pesto (for non-fish eater main dish and side dish for others - got this on a stupid good deal, too), Roasted Green Beans, Berry Salad
Sat - Takeout pizza or tacos, Green Salad, Berry, Banana and Kiwi Salad
Sun - (Spring Thanksgiving) Roasted Turkey Breast, Stuffing, Mashed Potatoes, Homemade Cranberry Sauce with Diced Apples (leftover Sunday lunch Roitisserie chicken and leftover Sunday dinner steak let me skip making the Tuesday meal in place of fajitas with a sweet potato side on Tuesday and then Chicken Bacon Clubs Wed...so this is take 2:))...
Mon - Bacon Turkey Clubs with Arugula and Tomato (the chicken version was popular, so doing it again:)), Baked Fries, Green and Red Grapes
Tues - Honey Mustard Chicken Breasts, Roasted Carrots, Roasted Dill Potatoes, Remaining Berry Salad
Wed - Cheesesteaks with Carmelized Onions, Roasted Broccoli, Sliced Apples
Thurs - Homemade Old Fashioned Pancakes, Orange Julius Smoothies, Fruit Salad or Fresh Fruit Topping (or both)
Fri - (CHANGE - Can now eat meat for St Pat's Day)...so, Corned Beef, Stouffer's Mac and Cheese, and Roasted Cabbage (leftover fruits for kids) - gonna celebrate in style!:)

Made the whole plan through Wednesday...and then accidentally made a new family favorite meal when I was trying not to - even after almost 18 years, I guess I can surprise myself! So, picking up with new Thursday...

Thurs - Homemade Canned Clam Red Sauce (with carmelized onions, roasted red pepper, garlic, and garden basil) over spaghetti, Roasted Cabbage
Fri - Corned Beef, Mashed Potatoes, Leftover Roasted Cabbage (Leftover Grapes/Strawberries/Bananas for kids), Irish Soda Bread
Sat - Out (Finally, finally gonna use the Cheesecake Factory gift cards and slices of dessert)
Sun - BBQ Pork Sandwiches, Homemade Red Potato Salad (with Bacon, Onion, Celery, Bell Pepper, Mayo, and S&P), Strawberries/Kiwi
Mon - Cheeseburgers, Leftover Potato Salad, Grapes/Bananas
Tues - Orange Soy Chicken Breast over Asian Salad Bag, Double Berry Muffins

I'll pick up with the rest of the plan when I hit Aldi's Sunday for a few extra produce items:)...

Some ideas for leftover chicken - add to salads, Mexican burritos, rice bowls, soups, chicken alfredo, and quesadillas.

@queenofthehive listed some of my favorites! Particularly quesadillas--I do mine on my Foreman grill and it's SO quick, cheap, and easy! I also have a chicken bacon alfredo one pot meal that's delicious that I usually throw rotisserie leftovers in. My boyfriend's favorite thing that I do is buffalo chicken biscuits--I toss leftover shredded RC in buffalo sauce, flatten Grands biscuits, toss the chicken on top of the flat biscuit, throw some shredded cheese (usually the Mexican blend) on top, pinch the sides of the biscuit up together so it's "closed." Bake and serve with ranch to dip in. More of a party appetizer but could be good with a salad/veggies for dinner! I'll also throw small pieces of RC into a quick 30-minute chicken noodle soup.
Make sure you're saving those carcasses for homemade stock, too!

Monday: I have a work seminar all day and then a business dinner. H will eat at home (prob mac and cheese)
Tuesday: Grilling cheeseburgers (no bun for me), oven fries
Wednesday: I have my workout class. Either left overs or frozen pizza
Thursday: Penne pasta, alfredo sauce, broccoli
Friday: Cheese quesadillas, tomato soup
Saturday: I am running a 10k with some friends then we are going out for dinner after
Sunday: Chicken nuggets, tomato and cucumber slices with ranch

Ooooh... good ideas for leftover chicken! Some of my favs are listed but I 'm going to have to try a couple of the ones y'all listed myself. Another thing I like to do with extra chicken is make personal pizzas, since everyone in my family likes different things, but the main protein can stay the same. You can do bbq sauce instead of pizza sauce and add chicken, cheddar, and any veggies you like, or chicken, alfredo sauce, and spinach, or sriracha/Ranch dressing mix with chicken and pineapple- the possibilities are endless.

We had an off day Tuesday with me having to do a split work day due to taking DS to get his license and then having to get picked up from band and go straight to Scouts, so I ended up picking up dinner. This week I will do much better!

Sun (10-7): chicken and veggie casserole
Mon (7-5): crock pot roast with potatoes and peppers
Tue (off): Mediterranean chicken gallette- carried over from last week
Wed (1-10): pierogies with side salad
Thu (1-10): pineapple and ham fried rice
Fri (8-5): dinner at friend's house

Yesterday we had ham steaks, scalloped potatoes and corn bread (with tons of leftovers for me to take to work all weekend).
Tonight - shake n bake pork chops, mashed potatoes and green beans.
Sunday - fried shrimp and French fries
Monday - steak in the grill, corn on the cob, baked potato
Tuesday - tacos
Wednesday - tater tot casserole
Thursday - fried chicken, mashed potatoes
Friday - dinner out with friends from out of town.

Well we are almost through birthday week. Four birthday dinners down, one to go. Then it's back to healthier and more budget friendly eating. I have two trips in the next 5.5 months, so there will be no eating out or take out unless an extended family gathering. That helps a great deal with the trip budget and then eating out on vacation actually feels like a treat. So without further adieu,

Saturday- I had a chicken burger, dh and my son and his friends had pizza and wings for ds's birthday party
Sunday- DD requested homemade vegetarian wonton soup and quiche for her birthday dinner. And odd combo but I am happy to comply.
Monday- Breakfast for dinner. Has to be a quick meal. Dh and Ds are going to a concert, I'm going to see Beauty and the Beast
Tuesday- Baked Chicken, salad, carrots and parsnips
Wednesday- Spaghetti bolognese (spaghetti squash for me)
Thursday- Chicken burgers, brussel sprouts, salad
Friday- Homemade pizza
Saturday-TBD

Made the whole plan through Wednesday...and then accidentally made a new family favorite meal when I was trying not to - even after almost 18 years, I guess I can surprise myself! So, picking up with new Thursday...

Thurs - Homemade Canned Clam Red Sauce (with carmelized onions, roasted red pepper, garlic, and garden basil) over spaghetti, Roasted Cabbage
Fri - Corned Beef, Mashed Potatoes, Leftover Roasted Cabbage (Leftover Grapes/Strawberries/Bananas for kids), Irish Soda Bread
Sat - Out (Finally, finally gonna use the Cheesecake Factory gift cards and slices of dessert)
Sun - BBQ Pork Sandwiches, Homemade Red Potato Salad (with Bacon, Onion, Celery, Bell Pepper, Mayo, and S&P), Strawberries/Kiwi
Mon - Cheeseburgers, Leftover Potato Salad, Grapes/Bananas
Tues - Orange Soy Chicken Breast over Asian Salad Bag, Double Berry Muffins

I'll pick up with the rest of the plan when I hit Aldi's Sunday for a few extra produce items:)...

Tonight, we had leftovers from our lunch out plus our saved desserts - man, I forgot how good cheesecake can be! Anyway, here's the last 3 days planned...

Wed - Chicken Fried Rice, Roasted Asparagus, Roasted Pineapple (and maybe some Egg Drop Soup:))
Thurs - Old Fashioned Pancakes, Orange Julius, Fruit Salad (didn't make last week, so kids will want them)
Fri - Homemade Clam Chowder, Homemade Fruit Muffins, Green Salad

last week got a little messed up - so let's try another framework

Sunday: pulled-pork, oven baked fries, fruit
Monday: steak and mushroom kabobs over jasmine rice, roasted asparagus and something else
Tuesday: pepperoni pizza ring (make with pillsbury croissant rolls)
Wednesday: bruschetta stuffed chicken, mashed potato - sides tbd
Thursday: tomato and pesto baked pasta with garlic bread

or something like that.

Finally came up with a plan, though it was like pulling teeth this time. Just wasn't feeling creative.

I have oatmeal or yogurt for breakfast. Then I will do leftovers or chicken sandwiches for lunches. Fruit, pudding, and Cheez-Its for snacks and I may bake some brownies.

Sunday: Rotisserie chicken, roasted brussel sprouts, and some sort of side (rice or pasta depends how I am feeling)
Monday: L/O
Tuesday: Chicken, cabbage, broccoli, and cashew stir fry with rice
Wednesday: L/O
Thursday: Spaghetti with roasted red pepper sauce, roasted asparagus
Friday: L/O
Saturday: Roasted potatoes hash and eggs
Sunday: L/O
Monday: Ground beef tacos, black beans, and corn
Tuesday: L/O
Wednesday: L/O
Thursday: Lentil, sweet potato, and coconut curry with rice
Friday: L/O
Saturday: Potato soup

and the plan's already changed. (that was fast)

tonight - ended up with dh and I going out to a new deli that opened in town.
Monday - stuffed shells (all made, just needs to go in the oven tomorrow), garlic bread
Tuesday - steak & mushroom kabobs/steak & pineapple kabobs with jasmine rice
Wednesday - pulled pork
Thursday - maybe pizza ring.

Menu Plan - week of 3/18

Saturday- grilled cheese sandwiches and soup
Sunday - chicken and peppers, mac and cheese, asparagus
Monday - pierogies, kielbasa and cabbage
Tuesday - hamburgers, baked fries
Wednesday - beef tips over egg noodles, carrots
Thursday - cube steak, rice, green beans
Friday - pizza

Mon-soup and grilled cheese
Tues-naan pizzas
Wed-Korean Beef Bowls
Thurs-Ham dinner
Fri-dinner out (DS's birthday meal)
Sat-boys on own, likely mac and cheese
Sun-rotisserie chicken, mashed potatoes, gravy, broccoli

Here is this week for us - I've been really good about cooking at home, even on Friday nights (when we almost always used do takeout of some kind) and this is going to be a long week, so I'm planning takeout this Friday. I love seeing everyone's menus - helps me think of new ideas and keep out of a rut!

Sa Pizza- BBQ Chicken
Su Spaghetti & Meatballs, salad
M farro, roasted butternut squash, walnuts, goat cheese, spinach
Tu Sandwiches - chicken sausage & Zuccini subs, asparagus
W Shrimp Fra Diavolo with olives & goat cheese, salad
Th Leftovers or Fish sandwiches
F Chinese Take out

Monday: Baked ziti (from freezer), Caesar salad
Tuesday: Slow cooker café rio chicken, alexa waffle fries
Wednesday: I have my workout class. Leftovers
Thursday: Turkey meatloaf, carrots and cucumbers with ranch
Friday: Black bean and corn quesadillas, chips and salsa
Saturday: Oven baked nachos
Sunday: Leftovers

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter