E-bay return question!

miche61

<font color=purple>lovely lunch lady<br><font colo
I'm still a little new to e-bay. I had a sweater up for auction. E-bayer e-mailed me asking if it was a certain color, I told her yes. She bid and won the item. I ship the package to her, now ten days later... she tells me I was wrong on the color of the sweater and she wants to know how this is going to be worked out.
Help! Do I return the $ she paid for it? do I include shipping? I have the standard "return w/in 7 days" on all my auctions, and we're now ten days out. She's had it all these days and is now just telling me about it. I want to handle this correctly. What to do?

First of all make sure all correspndence goes through eBay's message system. Also look at her feedback, does she have a history of returns.

I would explain that you had told her it ws the color she asked about. Ask her what color she seems to think it is; it might be only a difference of shading (and therefore perception).

Also mention that she had it for ten days, that it soulds like a caser of "buyer remorse" and that you have a stated 7-day return policy.

Thanks so much for your response. She states that the color is off white, and I told her it was pure white. I did check it against other white and off white items, and to me it looked pure.
Like you said, after ten days it does sound like buyers' remorse, thanks for your thoughts!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter