DXDP - Signature Restaurants. Your best and worst?

I've had really good experiences and food at Yachtsman. It's definitely on my list of returns. Jiko was only ok for me even though it gets rave reviews from most everyone. I've had good experiences at Narcoosee's also and will return there. There's still a few on my list to try. If the castle is a must, I'd do breakfast there. I thought our breakfast was good but I've heard food is not so great for lunch and dinner. I don't like lunch at BOG and haven't tried breakfast there yet. I did have dinner there when it was still 1 credit and really enjoyed it but can't speak to how it is since the change over.

I like your choices, but I would not do CG twice. Keep the brunch and choose something else for dinner. And if you are choosing between Tusker House and Tiffins, Tiffins is much better food. It is all around a great restaurant. Tusker House is ok, but not great. If you feel you must do a character meal though, it is a good one for that.

I like your choices, but I would not do CG twice. Keep the brunch and choose something else for dinner. And if you are choosing between Tusker House and Tiffins, Tiffins is much better food. It is all around a great restaurant. Tusker House is ok, but not great. If you feel you must do a character meal though, it is a good one for that.

For me California Grill just seems to have the best menu for my personal tastes so would like to do both - We are non drinkers and i have an egg allergy so if we were going to drop one.. it would have to be brunch.

Does anyone know how tiffins ROL package works is it a set menu? Or would you suggest Tusker House Morning ROL PPO and Tiffins as our 2 credit that day?

For me California Grill just seems to have the best menu for my personal tastes so would like to do both - We are non drinkers and i have an egg allergy so if we were going to drop one.. it would have to be brunch.

Does anyone know how tiffins ROL package works is it a set menu? Or would you suggest Tusker House Morning ROL PPO and Tiffins as our 2 credit that day?

If that is the case, then keep CG for dinner. We have been for dinner and really enjoyed it. You just can't go wrong with CG. We did the Tiffins ROL package and had our choice of appetizers, entrees, and desserts. It was a set menu, but there were plenty of choices as I recall. It was an excellent meal too.

For us, the Best Signatures are Tiffins, Monsieur Paul, Le Cellier, and Spice Road. We have enjoyed all of our meals there and think they are worth the 2 credits.

For us, the Worst Signature is California Grill. Besides the firework view, the food is just okay and NOT worth the 2 credits. We think it is the MOST OVERRATED restaurant on grounds.

My favorite deluxe restaurants are Jiko, Narcoossees, California Grill, Tiffins, and the old Artist Point. I would add Flying Fish to this but I have not been there since the reopening. I have an ADR there in a few weeks and I'll see if I enjoy it like I have in the past.

The only signature restaurant that I did not like at all and highly doubt I'll give it another chance is Le Cellier. For me it's like putting lipstick on a pig. Disney can call it a signature restaurant and increase the prices, but underneath it all it's nothing more than an evening out at Outback or Longhorn, but with excellent pretzel bread and a decent beer cheese soup. JMO.

I agree with a lot of this, especially the advice not to forget the Hoop Dee Doo. I went with my husband and the show was a blast. Came back with my kids who loved it. It’s simple food, but the trip to Fort Wilderness and the show are worth it. It was nice to get off the beaten path.

Thanks for all the responses.

I really want to do cali brunch - as it is unlikely that we will be able to get the palo brunch on the cruise as we are 1st time disney cruisers. Homecomin' brunch and dinner sounds great but unfortunately i am allergic to eggs so it is a bit difficult - cali has the allergy stuff online.

We were thinking:

1) Cali Brunch
2) Cali Dinner
3) Jiko
4) Flying Fish
5) Yachtsman
6) Morimoto / Jaleo - boyfriend isn't sure on either really.
7) Boathouse.
8) Possibly Tiffins ROL package - but might do Tusker instead.
9) BOG - Massive Beauty and the Beast Fan - so i think this is a must.
10) CRT - Breakfast no interest in the food but boyfriend wants to sit in the castle - he says if you're going to go to disney one time (which is what he thinks is going to happen - i know better :P) then you have to eat in the castle.

Have no interest in the new japanese restaurant - boyfriend will not eat sushi and isn't a massive asian food fan. I really struggle with french food as well - Its just far to rich for my stomach - but in a different way to african and spicy food.

Good to see that the ones we are thinking about are considered to be the better ones. However; we will have to wait and see - things will probably change by the time we get there!

Great choices above and I know how difficult it can be to edit down when need be.

Our current favorite Signatures in no particular order are:

Flying Fish

Morimoto Asia - we make up a dim sum type brunch when we eat here which so far has only been for lunch. Makes a lovely departure day meal for us.

Boathouse

Jaleo- Only eaten at this locale once and it was true love at first bite; plan to return next month.

Jiko

Tiffin

CG

Our least favorites are:

Citrico

Narcoossee's

CRT

You won't go running into the streets gasping "I've been poisoned!!" however the menus for these eateries are just competent and nothing special, IMO

Never eaten at BOG, Storybook Dining (can't recall if SD's still 2 credits but it's no longer designated a Signature regardless), or Tusker so am opinion-less for them.

Also: I have heard that on the DXDP some of the Springs 'signatures' are quite complicated. Does anyone have any experience of this?

This is the only Signature at Disney Springs the I know of that recently had confusion over what was offered on the dining plans. I wrote this post back at the start of April soon after they opened and HTH.

Here's a pic of what is included on the dining plan @ Jaleo. It was taken from the computerized cash register by one of the servers for me:

OK it's not a pic since I haven't yet figured out how to share on a new to me photo sharing app so I typed it out.............sigh:

Basic

Choice of: Single serving of beer, wine or mixed cocktails at a price of $25.00 or less.
Unlimited refills of Teatulia Iced Tea
One single serving of bottled soda or can soda.

Choice of: Two regular tapas
One "large plate"
One tapa intended to serve two"
One "paella plate"

Deluxe/Premium

Choice of: Single serving of beer, wine or mixed cocktails at a price of $25.00 or less.
Unlimited refills of Teatulia Iced Tea
One single serving of bottled soda or can soda.

Choice of: 3 regular tapas.
1 regular tapa and large plate
1 regular tapa and a tapa "intended to serve two"
1 regular tapa and paella plate

Choice of : One dessert

Basic/Deluxe Children

1 regular tapa from kids menu
Unlimited refills, except specialty coffee, 1 bottled water, bottle flavor nonalcoholic.
Beverages juices milk

2 entitlements.

I'll come back later this evening to make better sense of the above based on my recent meal even though we weren't on the dining plan. Perhaps I'll even get over my technodope phase and post some pictures, LOL.

I agree with a lot of this, especially the advice not to forget the Hoop Dee Doo. I went with my husband and the show was a blast. Came back with my kids who loved it. It’s simple food, but the trip to Fort Wilderness and the show are worth it. It was nice to get off the beaten path.

Unfortunately OH is basically Charles with an English accent. Hoop de do and the other participation restaurants would freak him out.

I would love to do 50s PT.. because of the allergy friendly fried chicken but even just watching other people be 'punished'.. i think he would walk out.

I was just going to add that we’ve had both lunch and dinner at CRT and preferred them both to breakfast. Breakfast just felt the most understated and the worst value on the dining plan. The lunch and dinner menus are quite similar and while the value is in the experience more than the food, I enjoyed both of them! The steak and shrimp entree was very good.

I was just going to add that we’ve had both lunch and dinner at CRT and preferred them both to breakfast. Breakfast just felt the most understated and the worst value on the dining plan. The lunch and dinner menus are quite similar and while the value is in the experience more than the food, I enjoyed both of them! The steak and shrimp entree was very good.

When we went to CRT 8 or 9 years ago, we found the kids' breakfast portion the most ridiculously small portion imaginable. At $50 a pop, all I could do was laugh. Thankfully we went in the days when breakfast was all you can eat (by request only) so we just asked for more.

Not sure what it is like now as we haven't been back although we did enjoy our meal.

Havent done tons of signatures but our favorites were Yachtsman and California Grill-least favorite was Narcoossee's

I really loved BOG for the experience. I could be tainted though because my daughter is a massive Beauty & the Beast fan and she was just in awe at being in the castle. Like it was one of her favorite things.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter