DWFB 8/30/08 @ 2PM ~ Come have one for Bawb!

It rained, it poured but we still had a great time. It was nice putting faces to the names.

this little onehad the BEST time of all!! ( WLFan's daughter)
firstphotos3011.jpg
[/IMG]

in case anyone was wondering in the photo, I am the third from the left in front of Dian-er

I took more photos, but since they contain images of Kevin and John I dare not post them

Bawstngrl/marianna

CorEy's folks came into town today so he couldn't make it. I'm the fifth from the right (in the back.) Brian is in the back to my right.

We broke out our "emergency" ponchos and made a break for it to our resort bus. (No joke, we bought the ponchos in Target and that's how they're labeled.) Even with them on, the legs of our shorts got drenched and I don't think our shoes will be dry until February. Thank goodness we have a one bedroom Villa with a washer/dryer.

It was so nice to meet some of you. While the weather wasn't the best, I'm sure Bawb was smiling down seeing so many of us enjoying a Dole Whip for him. :hug:

I would always bring them when we came to WDW. When my son was younger he called them emergency pontiacs. The name stuck so we always carry emergency pontiacs now. :)

Everyone, it was truely a pleasure to meet all of you who braved the nasty weather to make it to the Dole Whip for Bob meet. I enjoyed it immensely. Bob loved those dole whips, particulary, the floats. I like the soft serve pineapple/vanilla twists. I am the 5th from the left in back row in the picture. Brian is in the back row, too, has a black hat on.

:dance3: :hippie:

here is one more photo from the meet......

firstphotos3004.jpg
[/IMG]

BAWB, my good friend, this one's for you.....:love:

I am so glad to see the pictures - and the phantom feet - I was wondering at first glance why there seemed to be "holes" in the group.

Good to see so many made it out yesterday. I had forgotten which day it was going to be. I was at work and since I am still (always?) trying to catch up around here, so I decided to log on. It was the first thread I looked at - then I looked up at the clock. It was 2 minutes to 2. spoooky!

i really tried hard to get there but they looked at the wrong time so we were picked up at 2.30 and at the airport 7 hrs early
Sorry....x
god i'm saying that alot today
Caroline
xxx

I wish I hit the lottery so I could have made a quick run down to FL for this event. :( It seemed so nice to be able to honor Bawb and meet some great DISers!

Will this become an annual thing?

What an amazing experience for you all! I am so glad that you had a splendid time together even despite the horrid rain and bad weather.

I was hoping to do a similar meet during our trip in October. I mentioned it awhile back, but did not want to appear to be "copy catting" our dear calypso friend. I would still love to do it, but feel bad backtracking off of this.

The coolest pics, I almost started to cry when I saw Bawb's empty Kart. Bawb would have LOVED this, what a cool tribute to such an awesome man! I can't wait to get my Dole Whip pic next week!! :thumbsup2

Ames

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to say thanks from Indy. It was great having both of our meets connect via phone. A big thanks to you Lisa!

Kevin, John and Dian-er, we were glad we had a chance to speak with you.

Dole Whips were had in Indy in memory of Bawb as well. Thanks for sharing your meet with us. :wizard:

We just got back from our trip last night. The Dole Whip for Bawb Meet was my favorite thing we did the whole time we were there. It was so nice to come together with others who loved Bawb (those who knew him personally and those like me who just felt like we did). I was so moved that Diana and Brian came and that they brought Bob's cart out for the first time. I'm sure it was difficult for them, but I hope they know how much Bawb is loved and missed. We really enjoyed talking with them and their good friend Marianna. They are so warm and friendly just like Bob. And my DD (20 months) LOVED them too!

Thank you Kevin, John and Will for coming out in the torrential rain. It was such an honor to meet you. You are just as amazing in person as you are on the show. You really are "just being yourselves." I can't wait to "pick a number"! Sorry if I scared you when I screamed!!! :scared1: I was very excited to win! :yay: Thank you so much!

:grouphug:

We love you Bawb! :lovestruc

I'm back home now too. :(

Thank you to everyone that came to our meet. It truly was a wonderful experience. I'm in the photo over towards the right and I'm wearing my DIS Unplugged shirt. My son is on the other side of me. I think the photo turned out fairly well in spite of the torrential downpour that started while we were trying to get the group in place.

I'm so glad we had several people with their cameras as mine was unfortunately with DD, who was still in Epcot.

Cocowum and I rushed Kevin and John when they approached and hope we didn't scare them too bad (and yes...John the people-hater gave us a hug. LOL).

Thank you to Dian-er and Brian for bringing Kaht Kahm. I feel so bad you had to bring it home in such horrible weather.

Also, thanks to Aaron for the hook-up with the Indy meet -- you guys know how to throw a party!!!

My thoughts and prayers are with CorEy and Julie's families and I hope they were able to arrive from LA safely.

You are all fabulous...:hug:

I'm back home now too. :(

Thank you to everyone that came to our meet. It truly was a wonderful experience. I'm in the photo over towards the right and I'm wearing my DIS Unplugged shirt. My son is on the other side of me. I think the photo turned out fairly well in spite of the torrential downpour that started while we were trying to get the group in place.

I'm so glad we had several people with their cameras as mine was unfortunately with DD, who was still in Epcot.

Cocowum and I rushed Kevin and John when they approached and hope we didn't scare them too bad (and yes...John the people-hater gave us a hug. LOL).

Thank you to Dian-er and Brian for bringing Kaht Kahm. I feel so bad you had to bring it home in such horrible weather.

Also, thanks to Aaron for the hook-up with the Indy meet -- you guys know how to throw a party!!!

My thoughts and prayers are with CorEy and Julie's families and I hope they were able to arrive from LA safely.

You are all fabulous...:hug:

Glad you arrived home safely. :goodvibes

Sorry the weather was so bad......... love that the gang

managed to get together for a group picture !!!! :grouphug:

We had a wonderful time at the INDY meet. It was nice to be able to put

a face with a name. :)

Did anyone get pics of you all eating the Dole Whips? popcorn::

Unfortunately the heat along with the rain made it too difficult for all of us to eat our Dole Whips at the same time. I did try the float for the first time and really enjoyed it. Something about having the pineapple juice included made it seem not quite as sweet to me.

There were a few people in attendance that I never really got the chance to speak to...and for that I'm sorry. :(

But, there's always next time, right?

Glad you arrived home safely. :goodvibes

Sorry the weather was so bad......... love that the gang

managed to get together for a group picture !!!! :grouphug:

We had a wonderful time at the INDY meet. It was nice to be able to put

a face with a name. :)

Thanks Susan. I was also very relieved to arrive home safely and on time. I was so afraid our flights would be affected by bad weather, but we had no problems at all. :thumbsup2

Hi I enjoyed the meet for dole whip for Bawb and it was so nice to put faces with people you hear and read on the boards. John and Kevin it was very nice of you to offer prizes and I hope every one was able to have a magical day even with all the rain. It was my first dole whip after all the trips to disney and I am glad I was able to have one in honor of BAWB.

Sorry I did not make it. Ds did not want to go out in the rain that day and I was not going to fight him on it. We had a nice nap in the room instead and had a dole whip for Bob later that week.

:wave:

Just popping in to hey! We enjoy meeting y'all at MK.

We are about to have the last Dole Whips for this trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter