DVD redoing contracts?

savvy101787

Mouseketeer
I was speaking to my DVD rep about my current add-on request and she mentioned that DVD would be able to restructure the contract if incentives get better on July 14th and I decide to add-on more. Is this different than when you cancel within the 10-day window and buy anew? Has anyone gone through this process previously and was it easy/fast?

Normally you need to still be within the 10 day period and not have paid in full yet.

But, if you are buying more, many times they will do it even outside 10 days from signing.

If you are spreading out payments, that will help!

I have heard of it before but I would want it in writing.

Easy/fast doesn't really matter since you will already have your points. So its more or less if it takes a long time then Disney won't get your money until that time comes.

Normally you need to still be within the 10 day period and not have paid in full yet.

But, if you are buying more, many times they will do it even outside 10 days from signing.

Thanks, Sandi! Already thinking of adding on to my RIV add-on :rolleyes1

How far from 10 days out would they consider restructuring a contract?

We did a "do-over" on our Riviera contract at 13-days. We originally bought points then later decided to buy more points. DVC more or less voided the first contract and allowed us to purchase two new contracts at a higher incentive rate. We got more points with a better incentive and they got more of our money. Everybody was happy!

I have heard of people when it was close, maybe 14 days and because the contract had not yet closed with payments spread out.

There was a report not long ago of someone wanting to change or add and it was allowed.

It’s one reason why some, when it’s getting close to end of an incentive they wait so that the new incentives would happen within those 10 days.

We just did this with our Riviera purchase. Our guide happened to be out of the country so we couldn't reach him. Contacted member services and they put a hold on closing actually 1 day before close. QC team reached out and said they would take care of it. Extra points loaded, got the extra incentive. Pretty sure they will let you add more points after the 10-day window, as long as the contract hasn't officially closed. You might run into a problem after it closes and Disney may not be able to change it then.

We did a "do-over" on our Riviera contract at 13-days. We originally bought points then later decided to buy more points. DVC more or less voided the first contract and allowed us to purchase two new contracts at a higher incentive rate. We got more points with a better incentive and they got more of our money. Everybody was happy!
Exactly what I’m trying to do! Great to hear it worked for you!

We just did this with our Riviera purchase. Our guide happened to be out of the country so we couldn't reach him. Contacted member services and they put a hold on closing actually 1 day before close. QC team reached out and said they would take care of it. Extra points loaded, got the extra incentive. Pretty sure they will let you add more points after the 10-day window, as long as the contract hasn't officially closed. You might run into a problem after it closes and Disney may not be able to change it then.
This aligns with that the rep said. As long as the closing hasn’t ended but she didn’t give a specific window. Congrats on getting the extra incentives!

This aligns with that the rep said. As long as the closing hasn’t ended but she didn’t give a specific window. Congrats on getting the extra incentives!

Then just ask for the extra time to pay…we got 90 days….and you will be all set!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!