DVC Sorcerer Annual Pass

michelleiada

DIS Veteran
I have a DVC Sorcerer Annual Pass. It will expire in mid-September. We have a 4 night visit 9/27-10/2 and I can't make park reservations for this time because my annual pass expires a week or so before. Will DVC let me renew early? How does this work? Also, do you get a notification when your pass is about to expire?

I don't remember getting a notification when mine rolls over. I sure wish they'd get rid of the reservaton system for AP holders that are staying onsite. Although, I plan dining reservations and special events anyway, but just the idea of Park reservations seems weird when non-AP holders don't have to do it anymore.

Last edited:

I don't remember getting a notification when mine rolls over. I sure wish they'd get rid of the reservaton system for AP holder that are staying onsite. Although, I plan dining reservations and special events anyway, but just the idea of Park reservations seems weird when non-AP holders don't have to do it anymore.
I agree with you about the park reservation system. When we bring guest that have park dated tickets, they don't need a reservation but because I have an annual pass, I do. Seems silly to me and it's not convenient.

They want to reserve the right to shift capacity for the AP holders… I agree not having to make reservations for AP holders - especially during a hotel stay would be nice, maybe the IT cannot support it at this time.

Thank you. Does Disney send you a notification to renew?
Yes, I received multiple notifications. I can’t remember when they started, because I had already calculated the 60-day date, but they continued until the 30 days after had concluded, when we finally let them lapse.

Fortunately, you shouldn’t have trouble making park reservations for your dates, especially if you renew at 60 days before expiration.

BTW you will have to call MS to renew, if you want to keep the Sorcerer. If you want the renewal AP to be the Incredi-Pass, you can do it online and get the renewal price.

What kind of discount do you get on renewals for the Sorcerer's pass?

Starting in 2025 my current plan is to alternate years with a pass and schedule double trips within the 12 month period when I have a pass.

Has anyone heard if the Sorcerer’s pass has been discontinued? I just attempted to renew my pass and it told me that the Sorcerer’s pass is no longer being offered and forces me to choose the Incredi-Pass.

I am considering the Sorcerer Pass since we are adding more trips throughout the year. My company offers a discount on WDW tickets and previously, purchasing that way was only slightly more than the AP.

If I do the AP:
- can I purchase ahead of time and have the AP in my MDE and then activate at the time of first park visit?
- can I make park reservations based on the above plan?
- how do I make LL reservations if my AP isn't activated?
- with the AP, can I make LL reservations 7 days prior since there is a DVC stay booked or is it 3 days prior?
- generally, how is the new LL system working alongside the Sorcerer Pass for any DVC members who have been using this?

Thanks for the help!

I am considering the Sorcerer Pass since we are adding more trips throughout the year. My company offers a discount on WDW tickets and previously, purchasing that way was only slightly more than the AP.

If I do the AP:
  1. can I purchase ahead of time and have the AP in my MDE and then activate at the time of first park visit?
  2. can I make park reservations based on the above plan?
  3. how do I make LL reservations if my AP isn't activated?
  4. with the AP, can I make LL reservations 7 days prior since there is a DVC stay booked or is it 3 days prior?
  5. generally, how is the new LL system working alongside the Sorcerer Pass for any DVC members who have been using this?

Thanks for the help!
1. Yes. It will activate the first time you tap into a theme park and the actual expiration date will be set then.
2. Yes.
3. The MDE Mobile app recognize your linked AP and allow it.
4. Yes, 7 days prior which is based on the resort stay.
5. Should work the same as if you had regular park tickets linked to MDE.

1. Yes. It will activate the first time you tap into a theme park and the actual expiration date will be set then.
2. Yes.
3. The MDE Mobile app recognize your linked AP and allow it.
4. Yes, 7 days prior which is based on the resort stay.
5. Should work the same as if you had regular park tickets linked to MDE.
Thank you!

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest