Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Other (explain)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

DVC Mike

DIS Veteran
DIS Lifetime Sponsor
Comparing BLT and VGF

http://i235.*************************************Resorts/Compare/CompBLTtoVGF.png

Bay Lake Tower (BLT) and Villas at the Grand Floridian (VGF) are two DVC resorts on the monorail.

Each has fans who love the resort, as demonstrated by the "BLT Owners Group" and "VGF homeowners" threads here in the DVC Resorts forum.

http://i235.*************************************Resorts/Compare/BLTvsVGF_1.png​

While these two DVC resorts share the monorail, there are some significant differences between them, so I’ve added a poll to find out which one people prefer.

Below is a chart comparing the two resorts.

http://i235.*************************************Resorts/Compare/BLTVGFCompare.png
My biased and opinionated comparison​

Below are links to each resort's post on the DVC Resort Information thread, which contains more detailed information on each resort:

Bay Lake Tower (BLT)

Villas at the Grand Floridian (VGF)

Which resort do you love the most?

http://i235.*************************************Misc/RelatedThreads.png

http://i235.************************************************************* DVC Mike - *******.com

They are both so different, and appropriately both have their fans.

Since they are such opposites in their themeings, I don't think comparisons are easy and are truly a matter of personal preference. To me BLT is ultra-modern and trendy. VGF is lavishly sumptuous.

All that being said: we bought VGF because we love it. Can't wait to be back there again.

I voted BLT for walking to Mk and point chart plus buy in price. In other words I would like to own there more.

+ vgf concerns me with its size and most fighting over the smaller room categories

But I do agree VGF is the nicer resort for theming and style..bit if we added on the monorail it would be BLT.

Villas at the Grand! I think it is a far nicer hotel. I love the viewing tower at Bay Lake but that is only a monorail ride away from the VGF. I think the rooms in Bay Lake leave much to be desired.

Love (and own) them both.

BLT - walking to MK, we actually like the decor, 2 baths with showers in the 1brs, seems easier/quicker to get to Contempo Cafe and the little shop than GG for a snack, CH (not that we use it a lot, but has been nice when we wanted to).

VGF - the GF owns our hearts being our "home" before we bought into DVC. The grandness of the lobby (especially at xmas), the pools are probably better, the grounds are better. The GF is really home for us.

My DW votes for VGF - hands down.

I can't decide as I love 'em both.

Not even close, VGF all the way. The only thing BLT has going for it is how close it is to walk over to the MK. Other than that the resorts rooms are smaller, the resort is whole is noisy, always busy, the elevators can take forever and they are almost elbow to elbow filled with people. During the busiest times of the day we had to pass on the elevator and wait for the next.

VGF all the way and we own both.

Doesn't BLT have a water taxi to the MK?

:earsboy: Bill

Do your answers change at all if you have young kids, or grandkids, in tow?

Do your answers change at all if you have young kids, or grandkids, in tow?

BLT's walking location is nice and if you need a walking close resort and don't care about other things, than BLT is a winner.

We look at WDW vacations differently than most people, if it's a kids vacation than we take our time, slow the pace down, take breaks and make Disney transportation part of the experience. Limit our park time to four or five hours, have pool time, activity center time, boat ride and monorail time. Kids and adults get tired and overwhelmed. I hate it when I see a tired child, hot and red faced being yelled at because they are cranky and not meeting the adults vision of what a perfect Disney vacation should be.

:earsboy: Bill

Omggggggg
Grand floridian times a million just love it there
So in love in fact tgat we are looking to add on on resale lolll
Nerver regretted buying there !!

My reasoning is pretty petty. We were going to buy at BL, but after staying in a studio I HATED the door to the bathroom. One studio the door didn't close right and was strange to not be able to lock at all.
Second trip different room, still hated the bathroom and learned to hate the bathroom sink in kitchen design.
Third trip sealed it. Still dislike the kitchen and bathroom.

The Grand, loved it. I love the food and shops at the hotel and the beach.
Talked about buying there and almost did if it wasn't for the size of dvc portion.

Ended up buying at Poly!

I think BLT has more than just the walk to MK.

Community center is a huge plus for us.
Contempo is a much better QS than Gasparilla.
Water sports
Overall better transportation (8 min walk to the MK buses that take you anywhere).
I prefer the shopping at the contemporary vs VGF.
Love the oversized windows too at BLT.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter