DVC purple ring on entry

I had no idea this was a thing!! Mine lit up purple on our recent trip and I thought something was wrong each time it did that.

My wife and I both have DVC linked with our account affiliations.

I get it maybe 25% of the time, my wife 0%.

Mine is hit or miss purple. DH has a rainbow effect on his because he has a ‘fancy’ EPCOT 35 anniversary magic bands. Meanwhile I have the free one.

We were just down for 12 days in the beginning of July and my husband and I got the purple lights a few times at different parks but not always at the same time. Definitely not consistent!

Or first trip, many years ago, with the bands only my husband got the purple ring. To say I was not happy would be an understatement. Haha Now sometimes I get, sometimes he gets it, and sometimes we both get it. Very inconsistent.

I am the only on on our DVC account and i get purple about 50% of the time and my wife gets jealous.

I am no longer a Member... I believe we sold our last contract in 2012 or 2013. I don’t even recall if they had the tap-styles back then. It never dawned on me to look what color it was. Heck, I was just grateful if I wasn’t denied.

I always get the purple ring. No one else in my family does and my daughter gets irritated!

Mine is usually purple and I'm usually the only one who notices the color. I'm relieved when my family can pass through and we can enjoy the park without human intervention at the finger scan point.

It seems to be consistently inconsistent :rolleyes1 It is always nice when it works, but doesn't hurt anything when it doesn't. as long as I can get into the parks without having to rescan my finger. It worked fine on the last trip, the trip before that they constantly had to reset the biometrics.

Last edited:
Who all else in your family is actually on your DVC deed? Only owners listed on the deed get the purple ring.

Both my wife and I are on the deed, but only I get the purple (about 1/3 of the time). It is a topic I have learned to avoid with her, and I always let her go into the turnstile before me so she won't see the purple light up if it happens.

Both my wife and I are on the deed, but only I get the purple (about 1/3 of the time). It is a topic I have learned to avoid with her, and I always let her go into the turnstile before me so she won't see the purple light up if it happens.

Well yeah, it's far from 100% even with those listed on the deed. However, it's going to be 0% with those not listed on the deed.

That was my point.

Who all else in your family is actually on your DVC deed? Only owners listed on the deed get the purple ring.

DH and I are on the deed but he never gets purple. He doesn't have the Disney app or isn't involved with planning so I assumed that's the trigger. Some families have mentioned their children getting the purple color, but my teens never have.

On our June trip, we were getting the purple rings consistently for the 1st several days ... Then I entered Epcot (or was that DHS?) and got a split purple/blue with the finger scanner and Mickey tap point, and then on, I didn’t get purple...except I got another split purple/blue on a later day at that same park...as if that park messed up my account.

On our June trip, we were getting the purple rings consistently for the 1st several days ... Then I entered Epcot (or was that DHS?) and got a split purple/blue with the finger scanner and Mickey tap point, and then on, I didn’t get purple...except I got another split purple/blue on a later day at that same park...as if that park messed up my account.

Did you purchase resale? Sorry, couldn't resist...

This may be a little over the top.. but I found a work around to getting everyone in your family the purple ring (if they are all on the DVC membership).

I made everyone their own Disney Experience account and DVC account. I had to call member services and get an activation code because they hadn’t set theirs up yet. Then I went into the Disney Experience app > My Profile > Memberships & Passes and linked everyone’s memberships.

For my family, I’m the one who books everything so I still needed to have access to their plans. For that I went to My Profile > Family and Friends and added them. They’ll get an email to accept your invitation. After that you’re all set up and everyone will have the purple ring. I hope this helps everyone!

Do all the members in your party get purple every time?

I made everyone their own Disney Experience account and DVC account. I had to call member services and get an activation code because they hadn’t set theirs up yet. Then I went into the Disney Experience app > My Profile > Memberships & Passes and linked everyone’s memberships.

Getting a separate activation code and linking DVC to each MDE isn't a work around. This is the proper/only method. Even with this, I, and many others, don't see the purple light every time. My success rate is probably 25%. My wife, we've only seen once... which is an indicator that it works, although haven't seen it since.

For my family, I’m the one who books everything so I still needed to have access to their plans. For that I went to My Profile > Family and Friends and added them.

This should have no effect on getting purple.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter