DVC purple ring on entry

eleven24

DVC AKV 2007
Anyone know if family members should also get the purple as opposed to the green light up ring on entry to the parks? My son jokingly asked why he doesn't get a "welcome home" and purple ring too.. and it made me think he probably should

Those "lights" are a total joke. One day, Grinning at you in Purple - next day? Confused.

Just carry those "Hard Cards" (AP and DVC)... when the system throws up? Present CARDS.

I got the purple more this trip than usual. I usually only get it at MK consistently, this last trip I got it at AK and Epcot, as well, not at Studios, though. I wonder if there are different setting for the entry gates depending upon how busy the servers are.

My husband doesn't get it and I get it sometimes. But the MDE account is in my name and I make all the ADRs and book all the trips. He used to be the one to call MS back in the old days because I had a hard time calling early in the morning. He was a little less busy first thing.

I you are using a Limited Edition MagicBand, those have their own special effects at the touch points and take precedence over the DVC affiliation.

My DVC MB does NOT always show purple - many times just plain green.

I you are using a Limited Edition MagicBand, those have their own special effects at the touch points and take precedence over the DVC affiliation.

What special effects are you referring to? I've never heard this before! :cheer2:

DH seems to get the purple light as much as I do. Most of the time only one of us will light up, yet other times we will both light up.

On our last trip the husband got it but I never did. And he only got it at one or two places. It's very inconsistent.

We were there over the 4th of July, and we both got purple nearly every time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!