DVC Points and Cash for a cruise?

MyLove4Disney

Disney Kid forever
I have also posted this same question over in the DVC boards

I am thinking on paying cash for my 2nd person and points for the 1st person on a 7 day cruise. I was wondering if anyone has done that before. How much do they charge you for the cash part. Say if my cruise total cash cost was 2200.00 including insurance and point per person are at 133 per person so a total 266 for 2 people not including insurance. Would they charge me 133 points and 1100.00 for the 2nd person? I guess my questions is how to they calculate the cash part?

If I were to take a cruise by myself using DVC points would they charge me double the points. ie 266 points?

If anyone has had any experience with this let me know.

Thanks

I think that you pretty much have it. The cash price through DVC used to be a lot more than others were paying because DVC didn't discount the cruise prices for cash. Well, now that DCL has "outlawed" discounting, the prices are pretty close anywhere you look. If you call MS, they will give you the exact amount. But remember that prices can change within minutes. The points will stay the same.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter