DVC Neighborhood on Facebook

I am on and browse. Previous posters are correct, there is a lot of misinformation and people not having a clue what they bought (discount club apparently and not a timeshare), and when you do try to correct someone with correct information or what the appropriate rules are then you are mean because you haven't shoved Disney magic up their hind end. I think a lot of the ultra thin skin people have left. I haven't seen any really mean people, just people that are blunt and to the point.

That's the one I was referring to - there is a lot of misinformation and a lot of unnecessary meanness.

Keyboard warriors for sure. They are like a pack of wolves ganging up on one poster every time. One time I asked where the Epcot lounge was as I was actually in WDW and one of them tried to tell me it was in France. Like blatantly trying to troll me.

Keyboard warriors for sure. They are like a pack of wolves ganging up on one poster every time. One time I asked where the Epcot lounge was as I was actually in WDW and one of them tried to tell me it was in France. Like blatantly trying to troll me.
Speaking of trolling, I asked for suggestions of what to do with a pack and play in a BLT studio (or should I try for Poly at 7 months for more space), and got several, "why can't your toddler sleep in a real bed? I just don't understand why you don't do that!"

Last edited:

Speaking of trolling, I asked for suggestions of what to do with a pack and play in a DVC studio (or should I try for Poly at 7 months for more space), and got several, "why can't your toddler sleep in a real bed? I just don't understand why you don't do that!"

They are definitely not helpful at all and are just blatantly mean. Then they try to pass it off like they were just joking and that its okay to treat others that way because it's a FB group.

I would avoid them and just get your information from these forums. The moderators here do a great job.

I requested to join, but haven't been approved. I hoped it was better than some. I left another one after I got tired of the same people constantly posting rude and condescending stuff to other members. I never posted anything myself, but I felt awful for the people who did and got blasted for it. It just seemed like the moderators and his in crowd liked having fun at the expense of others. It's too bad people can't just be nice to each other.

I much prefer the Dis. I find the FB groups are a bit brutal. People are way too snarky and patronizing for no reason. They love jumping on people who say something they think is wrong. Someone will ask a question and get a tirade of sarcastic responses back. Not my thing at all. If you can't be nice and helpful then move on.

I've seen some rude comments as well but not too many. Maybe I'm just not on when it happens. As for misinformation, yes, it does happen at times. Personally, I don't post questions that require an accurate response, I mostly ask for opinions when I need to make a decision. So far, I've gotten positive, friendly responses. If I have a question that requires an accurate response, I come here. I like both Disboards and DVC Neighborhood but for different reasons.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter